TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We lost a Shelby family member

ShelbyGT/SC

All, I'm torn whether to even post this, but thought in case anyone here knew him, I wanted to say I'm sorry and feel for you and your family.

I don't want to post the link, but we lost a Shelby family member in Oxford, Connecticut.

As someone alread posted, be careful out there - Please!

All, I'm torn whether to even post this, but thought in case anyone here knew him, I wanted to say I'm sorry and feel for you and your family.

I don't want to post the link, but we lost a Shelby family member in Oxford, Connecticut.

As someone alread posted, be careful out there - Please!

Condolances as well. Since it appeared his wife was injured as well, not sure if some gesture from Forum members would be well received or not. You want to do something, but I could see where there could be negative feelings as well.

any thoughts from others ?

Here is the post from the local newspaper:

Oxford man killed in crash

STAFF REPORTS Newsroom@ctpost.com

Article Last Updated: 11/11/2007 06:05:23 PM EST

OXFORD — A 63-year-old Oxford man was killed Sunday morning after failing to negotiate a curve on Route 67, State Police said.

Shortly after 8:30 a.m., Marcel R. Poulin, of Greenbriar Road, was driving southbound in his 2007 Ford Shelby Mustang when he lost control of the vehicle near the intersection of Route 42. Poulin's car crossed into the northbound lane, struck a guard rail and crashed head on into a large tree, state police said.

Louise M. Poulin, 59, of the same address, was a passenger in the car.

Both Poulins were extricated from the vehicle by the Oxford Fire Department and taken to Bridgeport Hospital.

Marcel Poulin, a building contractor, died at the hospital. Louise Poulin remained at the hospital and was treated for facial injuries.

The crash closed Route 67 in both directions. The two-lane highway reopened shortly after 9:30 a.m., but Oxford and state police remained on the scene continuing their investigation.

The accident occurred near Victory Memorial Park, a rectangular piece of land between Route 67 and Chestnut Tree Hill Road Extension, also known as Route 42.

Over the years, there have been several accidents at the location where Route 42 meets 67.

Just a reminder of what I said last week in the "great supercharger debates"...if this keeps any one of us safe, then its worth repeating..not trying to preach..just a reminder

"A little too much throttle in cornering or even changing lanes , coming into the power band while changing directions can become a fatal accident. 500 hp/trq numbers in a 3600 lb car can be a handfull.......many of the owners seems to be expierenced/mature drivers, but any one of us can find them selves in trouble in a tenth of a second with these cars. Lets all read what others have learned and know this......safety is paramount ...the endless chase to have the most ( trust me, I know that chase) is futile. somebody else will always spend a bit more, be willing to break more and at the end, risk more. lets not get too carried away with the pursuit of speed ( at least on the street)

"

It's very sad to read this news. Very sad.

Prayers going out for his wife, that she will recover from her injuries, and that the Lord will comfort those loved ones feeling the pain from this tragic accident.

Animated-6.gif

It's very sad to read this news. Very sad.

Prayers going out for his wife, that she will recover from her injuries, and that the Lord will comfort those loved ones feeling the pain from this tragic accident.

Animated-6.gif

+1

hate to hear things like this. we will be praying for the family

be careful folks!!

michael morris

My condolances to the family and my prayers for the wife.

I dont know, but I hope it wasnt ilmor, he is from CT.

:( Very sad and a reminder for us all. While this intersection sounds dangerous anyway still we have a car that can be unforgiving if not careful and I'm sure we've all pushed it at times. I will pray for him and his family.

I don't think it's ilmor as he has his age listed as 52 and this gentleman was 69 and I see he logged into the "other site" today.

This is truely a sad , sad thing. It can all go in a split second, they were probably out for a sunday ride in the gt500. Our prayers are with their family and friends.

Amy

Archived