TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Stripes

jw last

I know this tags onto a previous post, looking see if if there is any new information or updates.

Own 2006 Shelby GT-H #286. Great car, issue with stripes on hood, roof, trunk and bumpers being very faded however. Has anybody acquired replacement stripes from Shelby for their GT-H? Understand they are very difficult to apply. Any experience with them?

Or has anybody painted the stripes over/on? If so, what color code gold was used? Understand the stripes are a proprietary Shelby color and can not be duplicated. Anybody get close to the color?

Thanks

JW

I have put a set of stripes on myself. Not too bad if you have experience most body shops will compain because there is no backing tape on the stripe kit which makes it hard to not stretch the stripes. can be done though and quite well if I say so myself. Also if you look at your stripes on your car I am 99.999999% positive the spaces are not correct. The stripe kits were just thrown on the cars without any regard to semitry.

Also if you look at your stripes on your car I am 99.999999% positive the spaces are not correct. The stripe kits were just thrown on the cars without any regard to semitry.

Sorry, I do not understand the what you mean. The spacing is not correct? JUST THROWN ON with out any regard? Now, please, don't take this personally, but maybe thats how yours was put on. On ALL of the cars that were done---both GTH and SGT's, ALL of them were first center lined with a lazer. Then they were taped off at the center and the stripes were then applied. Each car can take up to 2 1/2-3 hours to do.

Now, if the car you have looks like they were just "THROWN ON", maybe the car had some previous work done to it and the body shop who worked on it just threw them on.

Everything that we do here we do with pride. Yes, there are some things that do pass through, but we do try to make it correct.

And yes, you can get a new set of GT-H stripes from Shelby Performance Parts, BUT, you have to prove that it is a real GT-H. I have a complete list of GT-H VIN #'s and every one that needs a part, I personally check. :D

Bud

And yes, you can get a new set of GT-H stripes from Shelby Performance Parts, BUT, you have to prove that it is a real GT-H. I have a complete list of GT-H VIN #'s and every one that needs a part, I personally check. :D

Bud

Hey Bud, be contacting you soon for the new stripes, GT-H ownership proof in hand. #286 should be on the registry also.

BTW, do you sell replacement Hertz fender badges? Just need one......

JW

Bud

Hey Bud, be contacting you soon for the new stripes, GT-H ownership proof in hand. #286 should be on the registry also.

BTW, do you sell replacement Hertz fender badges? Just need one......

JW

Hi JW,

You would need to contact Keith at SPP 702-405-3500. He would be the person who could get the stripes and badging that you need :D

Bud

• 4 weeks later...

I understand Shelby is replacing silver stripes. Don't know why gold would not be under warranty. The problem with the stripes is not because of abuse! I would be willing to pay for the labor, but $870.00 for gold tape hurts.

I got to agree. My only problem with the car is the cheap stripes, and 800 plusdollars plus labor hurts. You take a quality name like Shelby, then have to explain to people why the sripes on the car look so bad. Not good for the Shelby name......

I got to agree. My only problem with the car is the cheap stripes, and 800 plusdollars plus labor hurts. You take a quality name like Shelby, then have to explain to people why the sripes on the car look so bad. Not good for the Shelby name......

Hi

I have CSM06H198 my stripes have black spots on gold tape and are dull , Car came from LAX paint is excellent, Hope thay come up with warrenty fix, my Ford dealer is trying.

Jon

maybe Amy can help!!!

There is only one true fix to this problem...Paint. Any vinyl exposed to the sun is going to fade over time, and it will never look like a painted stripe. GT-350 and 350H stripes were painted back in the day for a reason.

Take the $870 and head to your local specialty restoration/hot rod shop. I have a quote to paint my stripes on and clear them in with the panels off the car for $1000. I know the owner and he'll let me help lay out the stripes so that I'm a happy camper when complete.

Archived