TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordered my SGT today

CH53Driver

I just thought it would ne nice to share with you all that I ordered my SGT today. I ordered my car through the US Military Car Sales program.

That being said, I would like to publicly thank Michael Morris for spending a lot of his time helping me out with this process. I would much preferred to have bought the car from him in the long run, but it would have been unfair for him to buy me a car only to have to hold on to it for the next few months.

Anyways, hope to maybe meet some of you someday when I get back. Any of the members here live in the Norfolk, VA area (or Wilmington, NC) and go for group drives at all?

I just thought it would ne nice to share with you all that I ordered my SGT today. I ordered my car through the US Military Car Sales program.

That being said, I would like to publicly thank Michael Morris for spending a lot of his time helping me out with this process. I would much preferred to have bought the car from him in the long run, but it would have been unfair for him to buy me a car only to have to hold on to it for the next few months.

Anyways, hope to maybe meet some of you someday when I get back. Any of the members here live in the Norfolk, VA area (or Wilmington, NC) and go for group drives at all?

Congratulations!!!!!I hope you enjoy your car as much as I have!

Congratulations!!!!!I hope you enjoy your car as much as I have!

Michael,

I would love to give you a ride in my helo. All you need to do is either convince someone with Stars on their shoulder to let you fly in one or be the recipient of a natural disaster, which none of us want. I tell you what though, you give me your GT500 after it gets the SS upgrade and I will see if I can find a nice General who likes to give out rides to civilians! :)

For everyone else, thank you for the kind words. Remember, the heroes are the ones who don't come home. Oh and if you didn't know it, today is the 232nd Marine Corps Birthday. So you can say I got myself the perfect birthday present. For all my brothers and sisters out there, I would like to say Happy Birthday. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Semper Fi!

Huh, the guys at the military car sales told me that I couldn't buy a SGT through them! Oh well, no worries. I'm buying mine through MM and couldn't be happier with the deal.

There are a couple of us on this forum in NORVA, so you'll definitely have company for the group drives. B)

"(3) General Electric T-64-416 turbine engines each producing 4,380 Shaft Horsepower...pushing 53,000 lbs. of helicopter through the air at 200mph!"

crap...makes my 2000 hp garage look like the Oscar Meyer Weiner mobile garage,

congrats CH53 and thanks for protecting our country.

regards

bob

I was born and raised in Wilmington, NC and live in Norfolk, VA area. I've worked for 4 USMC O6s in the last 3 years. How's that?

Congrats! I did buy from MM.

I will be doing the remainder of my deployment time training personnel at Ft Bragg. That is not to far away and maybe I can get a weekend to make it up there and cruise with you guys sometime.

The more the merrier.

Now how cool would that family photo look: four Shelby GT's of the military.

CH53Driver, you'll have to get your Shelby superchaged while it's at SAI. I wouldn't want you to to be the odd man out now that AFBLUE's seen his way over to the dark side!

Dig-It,

I think the military car sales thing is all based on timing. Supposedly they were only alloted one GT500 this year and it went the day they got it. They had just recieved their allotment of SGT's when I had walked in and a week later almost all of them were gone!

BikerBob,

You must have a large garage or a couple of cars making some serious horsepower!

AFBlue, MilStang and Dig-It,

Yes, it would be cool as hell to get all 4 cars together for a military SGT shoot. All would be invited of course.

That makes me wonder, has anyone on here considered starting a section for Clubs or Group Rides? I think it would be a cool way to get people together and go for a ride to some cool places. Maybe I missed a thread on this forum somewhere?

For anyone interested, I can't give them a ride in the 53 but anyone who really has a burning desire to get on a 53 I could probably arrange that once I get back. You out there MM?

Congrats on your SGT order. Great news.

Yesterday, out in the driveway washing my SGT before kickoff, when all of a sudden I hear that wonderful sound.......2 F-18'S coming right over the house, it was the fly over for the Giants/Cowboys game, (I am less than 10 miles from the Meadowlands)......made me proudly smile!

and hurry up....cause I knew kickoff would be in 5 minutes.

Reino,

I'm not in a squadron right now, I'm on a ship with the Navy! My alma matter is HMH-464 Condors. If you are a reservist then I'm guessing Willow Grove. I know quite a few of the guys there. Looks like you could be another candidate for our miltary SGT photo op.

You guessed right, 772 Hustlers. By the time you get your photo op together Ill probably be done and out. Only have a few months before Im gone. Good luck on that boat and stay safe.

Archived