TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great GT-H Video, Carroll driving the car!

mywickedshelby

This is a great video, although it seems unlikely that the car in the Hertz commercial is #50. The YouTube video is a montage (nicely done I might add) of the Hertz "That's what I call a rental car" commercial and personal photos of someone who rented #50 along with stock photos pulled off the web. (You can see the Brad Barnett / TMS logos on a few pics) I remember seeing the video about the time that the Hertz cars were in production at Shelby. If I were to venture a guess the video car is likely a prototype.

Nevertheless, I absolutely love the "That's what I call a rental car" ad...Makes me proud to own a GT-H!

Well I am excited, however the video will not play on this machine. I do own CSM # 50. Thanks for the heads up.

Well, I got to see the video. Real cool. I hope Mr. Shelby actually drove # 50. The dash plaque was defintely my car for that portion of the video. I will down load and save unless there is a better way to keep it.

Thanks again for the information. It was defintely real cool. The music is great also. :)

:D

This is a great video, although it seems unlikely that the car in the Hertz commercial is #50. The YouTube video is a montage (nicely done I might add) of the Hertz "That's what I call a rental car" commercial and personal photos of someone who rented #50 along with stock photos pulled off the web. (You can see the Brad Barnett / TMS logos on a few pics) I remember seeing the video about the time that the Hertz cars were in production at Shelby. If I were to venture a guess the video car is likely a prototype.

Nevertheless, I absolutely love the "That's what I call a rental car" ad...Makes me proud to own a GT-H!

Does anybody have a way to download these videos to their desktop? It would be nice to save these GREAT clips!

I watched the video and was able to pause the clip. The license plate on one of the vehicles being driven is also the old plate when it was a rental at Las Vegas Airport.

To that end, # 50 was used as part of the overall commercial clip. Still not sure of Mr. Shelby drove the car as that car did not appear to have a license plate on it, just a HERTZ plate. If anyone from SAI can verify, this would be great.

Again. pretty cool and another piece of history to add to the cars documentation. I have pictures of it at the Shelby factory, a rental agreement from a customer, original HERTZ key fob with car info etc.

I guess we know it will burn rubber. :D

Harald CSM # 50

• 2 months later...

OK Harold here it is. Wonder no more. Is was indeed YOUR CAR, #50, THAT WAS DRIVEN IN THE GT-H COMMERCIAL.

I asked Mr. Shelby on Friday night Jan. 11th at his birthday party about this very issue. I brought up the commercial and mentioned "I knew" the owner of the car and wanted to know if in fact he, Mr. Shelby, had driven the car and it was the car filmed in the commerial, he said yes on both counts.

I was very happy for you at the time (still am) and for some strange reason with the old site being gone when I got back, etc., I never posted the news.

Take it for what it is worth, I asked the man himself, he answered immediately and without hesitation, a rousing yes to you owning a piece of Shelby History.

Congrats.

OK Harold here it is. Wonder no more. Is was indeed YOUR CAR, #50, THAT WAS DRIVEN IN THE GT-H COMMERCIAL.

I asked Mr. Shelby on Friday night Jan. 11th at his birthday party about this very issue. I brought up the commercial and mentioned "I knew" the owner of the car and wanted to know if in fact he, Mr. Shelby, had driven the car and it was the car filmed in the commerial, he said yes on both counts.

I was very happy for you at the time (still am) and for some strange reason with the old site being gone when I got back, etc., I never posted the news.

Take it for what it is worth, I asked the man himself, he answered immediately and without hesitation, a rousing yes to you owning a piece of Shelby History.

Congrats.

Hello wicked. Thanks for thinking of asking the question. This is awsome and I will print and add to history binder.

Hello wicked. Thanks for thinking of asking the question. This is awsome and I will print and add to history binder.

Hello Harold,

So glad to see you back on the forum to get the great news. I was so happy to find out from CS himself about your car. Who would have thought months ago when I first posted the video, that I would be the one to ask the man himself about your car.

Happy for you.

Michael

Archived