TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Hood Scoop

trackeer

I thought I should comment on the repair of my Hood Scoop,

First the repair is almost perfect, the multitude of rivits solved the problem and the scoop sits on the hood like it is almost part of the hood.

In total amazement my dealer managed to make the repair after a call to Shelby with concerns and all is as it should be.

Thanks to both Londonderry Ford Auto Body and Shelby for a Job well done. I felt a Hardy well done is in order so the Folks at Shelby don't think us Adult Males only like to B&M.

Thanks

Moe in NH

talked to my dealer today about the 2nd replacement scoop, been waiting 2 months now, he said all the replacement scoops here out from shelby will be 2008 model scoops and they will need to be bolted on,so holes will be drilled in hood. any thoughts/comments on this, will it ruin the integrity of being an true 07's with these holes. problem is one on it now looks like crap with ripples and chip/crack, as well as sits more than 1/4" up from hood.

talked to my dealer today about the 2nd replacement scoop, been waiting 2 months now, he said all the replacement scoops here out from shelby will be 2008 model scoops and they will need to be bolted on,so holes will be drilled in hood. any thoughts/comments on this, will it ruin the integrity of being an true 07's with these holes. problem is one on it now looks like crap with ripples and chip/crack, as well as sits more than 1/4" up from hood.

What is your CSM? Mine is 3369 (obviously) and is bolted through bottom-2 front hex bolts are full length. Original is not bad.

See you are 373-SAI changed to the bolts on later '07s-no integrity concern there.

What is your CSM? Mine is 3369 (obviously) and is bolted through bottom-2 front hex bolts are full length. Original is not bad.

See you are 373-SAI changed to the bolts on later '07s-no integrity concern there.

Mine is #3133 and also is held on with four hex bolts, no issues here.

One of the other fixes involved adding bolts. The originals were bolted on in like 4 places. So when they added they had maybe 6 or 8 bolts. The rivot is the latest and best done fix to date.

Hey Guys and Gals,

The new Scoop is all Rivits and it appears the bolts are also re-used, I did not study the repair in detail other than to confirm the Scoop now sits flat on the Hood "I will look closer and report along with some pics". I know my original Scoop was flawed and had Gaps on both sides and the rear, the second Scoop was worse as all the sides now had Major Gaps. So, unless the Heat of summer has some effect, as the car is to be garaged all winter then I hope I'm done fixing the hood.

My CSN 2674, I am hoping to send the Car down to Taska and have the Super Charger, Brake Kit, and New Wheels installed at some point before it starts snowing here in New Hampshire.

Yes, I agree B&M'ing does bring some satisfaction, but when someone does a good job we also need to let them know they did, else they'll quit listening to our B&M'ing.

Moe in NH.....

• 2 weeks later...

SAI promises Hood Scoop resolution.

Watch for something by December 3rd, 2007!!!!!

Scoops History 101

Early scoops 0001-2XXX (approx) had four bolts, two on either side. They may also have the back middle screw, not sure though.

Mid-Year scoops 21XX-51XX (approx) in addition to the four bolts had actual screws fitted in the front faux screw position on either side and the middle back in response to issues of lifting at the front corners and in the back.

End of year scoops 51XX-59XX (approx) used the same four bolts but replaced all the (round head) faux screws with flat head rivets. This is also the technique used on the 08 and for scoops needing repair.

Hope this helps and everyone please feel free to make corrections.

#545 has a back middle screw......and a front screw on both sides of the scoop...bought that way.

Thanks Sue! Good info! Guess I misread a post so many moons ago! I had #33 next to me at a car show and it didn't have the two screws in the front. But I thought I remembered this was a change in, maybe Jan/Feb but guess I was wrong!

Congrats again on the win!

;)

Archived