TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 ELEANOR

dmagner1

The question is how many zero's are going to be in the price. You will never see one because they will be hangar queens wrapped up in a bubble housed in a guarded warehouse.

LOL very true....sad but true :)

THE RUMOR HAS IT THERE ALSO WORKING ON AN 08 ELEANOR AND IT WILL BE A LIMITED PRODUCTION RUN OF 100 AND THEY WILL BE SERIALIZED. I HEARD ITS WITH SHELBY AND FORD AND IT WILL BE IN THE SUMMER OF 08. ANY IMPUT AMY. IF IT IS, THIS IS THE CAR I WANT :D

Since I will not be able to buy one I really don't care! All these limited editions with high ADM I think should give Ford pause and a change from a "Steed for every need" to a "Steed for the rich or wealthy". Only the base GT remains as an affordable option for many. We have the CS, Bullitt, SGT, GT500, GT500KR, and GT500SS. If you look at the product map you can see a HUGE gap in the 325-400HP range that aligns with a 15-20K gap (w/ADM) between the SGT and GT500.

The issue for Ford is not another crazy ADM car but how do they introduce a 400HP car that sits where the SGT was and not have it suffer the same GT500 ADM.

In any case, Ford needs to sell more cars, the Elenore isn't the soltuion. I think they've built enough brand awareness and demand generation with the SGT, GT500, KR and SS. NOW THEY NEED A CAR THEY CAN SELL A LOT OF to satisfy that demand.

But I don't run Ford... <_<

Since I will not be able to buy one I really don't care! All these limited editions with high ADM I think should give Ford pause and a change from a "Steed for every need" to a "Steed for the rich or wealthy". Only the base GT remains as an affordable option for many. We have the CS, Bullitt, SGT, GT500, GT500KR, and GT500SS. If you look at the product map you can see a HUGE gap in the 325-400HP range that aligns with a 15-20K gap (w/ADM) between the SGT and GT500.

The issue for Ford is not another crazy ADM car but how do they introduce a 400HP car that sits where the SGT was and not have it suffer the same GT500 ADM.

In any case, Ford needs to sell more cars, the Elenore isn't the soltuion. I think they've built enough brand awareness and demand generation with the SGT, GT500, KR and SS. NOW THEY NEED A CAR THEY CAN SELL A LOT OF to satisfy that demand.

But I don't run Ford... <_<

I agree 100%.

bring back the mach1, that car fits perfectly in the middle.

i can see the writting on the wall ..dont sell a lot ..just sell special cars and dont we all want to be special

actually ford is very smart .... there way ahead of chevy and dodge b4 there out of the gates

small quantity of special cars buit off site ;)

Adam, any truth to this? ;)

sjnasuh;jng;hu;nvjnas(*&$&%^#JKJBCS&&*&FJF

JSFPIUSHGPIUYH&^&^^FBKJCBUSFG

SJBCDPSIUGPIY*&^*&FSGSBPI&SFYB

nfg9goiofdu06p;dh0990)(*ijd9e5

Sorry wicked, there must be a bad connection... I'll have to get back to you. And no, I don't have Verizon wireless. LOL

THE RUMOR HAS IT THERE ALSO WORKING ON AN 08 ELEANOR AND IT WILL BE A LIMITED PRODUCTION RUN OF 100 AND THEY WILL BE SERIALIZED. I HEARD ITS WITH SHELBY AND FORD AND IT WILL BE IN THE SUMMER OF 08. ANY IMPUT AMY. IF IT IS, THIS IS THE CAR I WANT :D

With the problems and lawsuits that Unique is experiencing, I think it would be wise for Shelby and Ford to distance themselves from anything with Eleanor in the title.

robin

sjnasuh;jng;hu;nvjnas(*&$&%^#JKJBCS&&*&FJF

JSFPIUSHGPIUYH&^&^^FBKJCBUSFG

SJBCDPSIUGPIY*&^*&FSGSBPI&SFYB

nfg9goiofdu06p;dh0990)(*ijd9e5

Sorry wicked, there must be a bad connection... I'll have to get back to you. And no, I don't have Verizon wireless. LOL

<_< ...just use that Navy Seal satellite phone you always use when you talk to Amy. :huh: :lol::lol:

With the problems and lawsuits that Unique is experiencing, I think it would be wise for Shelby and Ford to distance themselves from anything with Eleanor in the title.

robin

Or they may try to reclaim something with the name on a car that will get built on time...

Although I remain skeptical that they will be coming out with this car right now. They may save that one for the new body style. I know it is possible but there are many more people that want a Mach/Boss version more I think.

Only time will tell but I am happy with the car I have now. No jealous here for Eleanor...I think it had too much going on with the versions I have seen. The Shelby GT has cleaner lines but more agressive to me. That is my opinion though.

:o

i can see the writting on the wall ..dont sell a lot ..just sell special cars and dont we all want to be special

actually ford is very smart .... there way ahead of chevy and dodge b4 there out of the gates

small quantity of special cars buit off site ;)

I think the Boss will be the car in the middle

<_< ...just use that Navy Seal satellite phone you always use when you talk to Amy. :huh: :lol::lol:

It's not a Navy Satellite phone, it's a big red phone and it has no buttons.

Sorry, I just woke up now, did I say something?

Or they may try to reclaim something with the name on a car that will get built on time...

Although I remain skeptical that they will be coming out with this car right now. They may save that one for the new body style. I know it is possible but there are many more people that want a Mach/Boss version more I think.

Only time will tell but I am happy with the car I have now. No jealous here for Eleanor...I think it had too much going on with the versions I have seen. The Shelby GT has cleaner lines but more agressive to me. That is my opinion though.

:o

Milstang, when are we going to see pics of your car? I can't wait? Did you already post them but I missed it?

It's not a Navy Satellite phone, it's a big red phone and it has no buttons.

Sorry, I just woke up now, did I say something?

Milstang, when are we going to see pics of your car? I can't wait? Did you already post them but I missed it?

I will take some tomorrow. Today was the first time I was able to drive it for a limited time. Then it got too painful. My brother is coming by tomorrow to help me wash it and maybe wax it for some photos. It is filthy right now. I will get them posted this weekend though! I need the pictures too for my wallpaper.

B)

And I agree...enough Eleanors!

I will take some tomorrow. Today was the first time I was able to drive it for a limited time. Then it got too painful. My brother is coming by tomorrow to help me wash it and maybe wax it for some photos. It is filthy right now. I will get them posted this weekend though! I need the pictures too for my wallpaper.

B)

And I agree...enough Eleanors!

i dont never enough e :angry: :angry: leanors and i ineed a gone in 60 sec no 2 :angry:

i dont never enough e :angry: :angry: leanors and i ineed a gone in 60 sec no 2 :angry:

They already made "Gone in 60 Seconds 2" - and "3" for that matter.

It's Mustang movie trivia time!:

The first "Gone in 60 Seconds" was released in 1974. Eleanor was originally a 1971 Mustang fastback made to look like a 1973 MACH I.

And then there was "Gone in 60 Seconds 2: The Junkman" in 1982 and "Gone in 60 Seconds 3: Deadline Auto Theft" in 1983.

Then you have the re-make "Gone in 60 Seconds" released in 2000 and starring Nicholas Cage. It is a re-make of the first movie, right down to the plot and character names.

Archived