TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 Bullitt vid

STLShelby

More Bullitt news............

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/06/first-d...-bullitt-day-1/

..including 60 pictures from yesterdays release!

Thanks for the link!

HEY YOU COULD PUT SILVER STRIPS ON THE BLACK and run premium and have 319 horses HEY WAIT THATS A SHELBYY AND THEN I WOULD HAVE MY OWN GAS GAP AND HORN BUTTON :blink:

:D

I like that you can run 87 octane in that as well as the 93 and it wont effect the engine, other then performance. Almost wish we could in the Shelby. Espcially for thos of us that commute and with the rising gas prices.

It's growing on me. At first I thought it was really plain and didn't really have much of an aggressive look to it. Especially when you see the front grill in the sun and can see how much of it is really not functional. The video helps a lot. Thanks can't wait to see them on the streets.

Anyhow, did I miss something? Why are they offering it in black?

Jealous of:

Brakes

Steering wheel

Engine tune

New air box

No use for the dull look or color.

Oh well... <_<

I just noticed the steering wheel too! It appears to be a GT500 steering wheel, that is a nice touch. I think the entire car is plain but a very factory modded car, almost more than the SGT maybe a even a bit more. But I would rather have the Shelby GT just because of its heritage and appearance, but this one is a close second in the speed dept maybe a hair faster in the 1/4 mile due to the factory 373 gears. It also seemed to have a shorter throw shifter when I saw him down shift, any news on a shorter throw shifter? Not a bad car all around, not bad.

It's growing on me. At first I thought it was really plain and didn't really have much of an aggressive look to it. Especially when you see the front grill in the sun and can see how much of it is really not functional. The video helps a lot. Thanks can't wait to see them on the streets.

Anyhow, did I miss something? Why are they offering it in black?

Good question!The last Bullitt was offered in at least these two colors,I'm thinking I also remember a blue.

I just noticed the steering wheel too! It appears to be a GT500 steering wheel, that is a nice touch. I think the entire car is plain but a very factory modded car, almost more than the SGT maybe a even a bit more. But I would rather have the Shelby GT just because of its heritage and appearance, but this one is a close second in the speed dept maybe a hair faster in the 1/4 mile due to the factory 373 gears. It also seemed to have a shorter throw shifter when I saw him down shift, any news on a shorter throw shifter? Not a bad car all around, not bad.

The third gear position looks kinda high up to me, Almost rub your knuckles on the radio close,

I am thinking no short throw.

No short throw shifter on the new Bullitt, but a cool looking billet knob. Yes, that's a GT500 steering wheel (minus the red stitching) and notice the new seats too, almost identical to the GT500.

The '01's were offered in Dark Highland Green, True Blue and Black. The '08's will be Green and Black only, all manuals. This car is very close to the movie car and a bargain at approx. $31,000 MSRP. A low-profile no frills Mustang that appeals to Bullitt purists. Black is offered for those who are not. The more I look at it, the more I like it! Ford did a great job on this one! How many automakers produce a movie car that is void of badges, scoops, spoilers and stripes? Not too many. No where on the car does it say Mustang or GT. Cool!

I'm not a Bullit purist nor do I really care :D but I do like the "no bling" approach to the design of the car. A tad more performance enhancements and it would be pretty darn nice. It's simple but still retains the updated muscle car look without attracting attention by being flashy.

That looooong antenna needs to go though.

Don't want the car, but I'm jealous of the steering wheel and personalized faux gas cap. And maybe the 3.73 rear end...though that is easily fixed.

Not a big fan of the brighter engine-turned dash or metal shift knob; my ribbed aluminum version with a big'ole cue ball is just fine, thanks.

Don't like the blunt, bare-bones look of the front at all. Maybe seeing one in black would change my mind, but I was glad to wait 4 months for my SGT, and I'm very glad that I didn't wait another year for this to come out.

If $31K is the actual price, it would be one heckuva bargain, however.

Yes, at $31,000 the Bullitt is quite a bargain. Just imagine what these might go for after they sit on the lot for a few months in a small town with low volume. You'll feel like you just left WalMart!!

I just love the low-profile look. I know a lot of others here don't share my passion for it but that's why there's the SGT, as that's a great car too. You know, Ford is to be commended for offering so many models of the Mustang, giving us a broad variety to choose from. With regards to the Bullitt, it looks like a V-6 with no stripes, scoops, badges or even a galloping horse in the grill. In side and underneath is a whole host of goodies that even the GT's don't have. I think this is very cool!

Jealous of:

Brakes

Steering wheel

Engine tune

New air box

No use for the dull look or color.

Oh well... <_<

The "Dull look and Color" completes the whole "Bullit (Movie) Package". I think they did this "Bullit" right. The other almost Bullits suck in appearance. This is the closest you are ever going to get to a good Bullit package. :)

Archived