TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Bullitt has landed

RogerS

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first impresssion was that the car was kind of bland.Now that I get to see it in pictures,And the spec list,Me likes!3:73's from the factory really should wake things up with some light mods,Total seal airbox has been a long time coming looks a little restrictive in the inlet elbow department only testing will tell!I think they did a really fine job with this and can't wait to see one in person,Only down side is going to be the feeding frenzy and the dreaded ADM'S.Only thing I didn't care for was the most balanced Mustang comment,Uh,What about the Shelby GT :lol: How soon we are fogotten!I know that everybody thinks that there are way too many Mustangs being released as special models,But I gotta tell ya,It is a really great time to be a car person!But I wouldn't trade my Shelby for one,Guess I'll need a second job!

Nice..car. I see the Bullitt got its own gas cap.

Thats the first thing I thought too!

:angry: <_<

Yo Boys! I saw the Bullitt in person about 3 weeks ago in front of S&K Speed Shop in Rockville Center NY.

It had Michigan plates on it, the people that had it was a private writer from Queens, Warren was her name and the driver was a local guy from her neighborhood. Between the both of them had no idea about the car duh. They ask me since I pulled up with my SGT my personal opinion of the car for the article that Warren was writing. I inspected the car from top to bottom, well was not impressed. Here's my take on Bullitt, Under hood was a silver heavy double tower strut bar with Bullitt in the center like our SGTs, cold air filter had a rubber gasket to meet with the under side of hood, look at suspension and found no upgrades like the SGT, Interior brushed aluminum dash with swilling affect, bullitt sill plates, horn bullitt badge and dash plates far as exterior no badging due to being a prototype. Not impressed at all, the people that was had the car had no idea on pricing.

No what they should called me to test drive the car!!! right guys.

I was participating in a Shelby Mustang show in front of Nassau Coliseum during a new car show going on in the coliseum with Shelby Mustang Club of Long Island and invited them to show off he Bullitt, no show figures .

many Mustangs being released as special models,But I gotta tell ya,It is a really great time to be a car person!But I wouldn't trade my Shelby

This Mustang stuff is fun. I hope a Bullitt car ends up around here, and comes to the meets. Would like to caravan with all the different models.

The car in the movie was just a regular Mustang wasnt it? 66 fastback?

So, it seems appropriate that the new one is just a tribute to that and is basically an appearance package from Ford, no?

OK, the strut tower brace & cold air intake, but you get what I mean, no suspension/exhaust upgrades and the like.

And the horn button and gas cap come from Ford planning this for a couple of years, those little details seem to have been overlooked in the whole "boldmoves" nonsense. Otherwise we wouldnt have a 28" antenna and prop bar for the hood!

Like I have said in the past, they are making way to many special modded mustang, with your Roush, and the regular GT, and Barret Jackson, but, the bullitt is really nice, it might be a little bland, but thats why I like this car. The gas cap is nice, and I like grill setup. And the paint matches the old one, so you know what you are looking at when you see it.

The car seems to be priced well with the performance upgrades, but we'll see about ADM's when the actual car comes available. Knowing dealers they will surely, or most likely, add a minimum of $5K to the MSRP.

2) The car has the nice rear gears @ 373's.

3) has numbered car plaque on dash, a nice badging kit and EVEN A PERSONALIZED GAS CAP! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4) the car is actually very bland looking for todays buyers. Todays buyers want bling to the cars the pay so dearly for, this one deos not have it. This is due to the actual car being a plain jane in the movie.

5) did not see any lowering of the car.

6) Raised RPM red line to 6500

7) larger elbow to cold air kit (it appeared that way)

All in all it is a nice car for the money especially as it is all factory peformance. I personally would not buy one as it is too bland for my tastes. I would give it a 7+ on a scale of 1-10.

6500 redline?..... :angry: wish I had that. B)

Hey, MM.....when you get the "promotional Steve McQueen inflatable doll" in at the dealership, Dale says she has first dibs before you put it on ebay. OK, buddy? ;)

....sorry Sue! :o

You can. Just get a tuner and heve them set it to that......

The car in the movie was just a regular Mustang wasnt it? 66 fastback?

So, it seems appropriate that the new one is just a tribute to that and is basically an appearance package from Ford, no?

OK, the strut tower brace & cold air intake, but you get what I mean, no suspension/exhaust upgrades and the like.

And the horn button and gas cap come from Ford planning this for a couple of years, those little details seem to have been overlooked in the whole "boldmoves" nonsense. Otherwise we wouldnt have a 28" antenna and prop bar for the hood!

it was a '68 gt w/ a 390 4v. steve mcqueen owned one of the cars and it still exists today but the owner won't reveal were it is.

I posted this awhile ago but thought I would bring it to the current thread. There are actually some features of the package that may have been missed. It does have a tuned suspension and a H pipe. I think it is pretty good competition for a Shelby GT. Perhaps that is one of the reasons the Shelby GT production is ending, according to Amy, just as the Bullitt poduction is begining.

Bullitt Package (54B) (Job #2)

- Requires:

1. GT Premium (140A) Pkg. (Coupe Only)

2. Manual Transmission

- Not available with:

Premier Trim w/color accent package (68B),Comfort pack (53B),

Cal Special (54C), GT Appearance Pack (54G), Heated

drivers/passengers seats (65A), Interior Upgrade pack (18G),

Sport Interior Appearance pack w/color accent (18M), Racing

stripes, "over the top" (47A) or genuine ford accessory chrome

exhaust tips (90E). Note: Bullitt Package (54B) available for retail

delivery only.

- Includes:

• Ford Racing Power Pack (cold air induction system)

• High Performance Calibration

• Performance Friction Carbon Metallic® front brake pads

— Provides superior braking & pedal feel

— Extended wear, improved fade resistance

— Reduced noise & lower dusting

• Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace

• Serialization Label on Strut Tower Brace

• Sport Tuned Suspension (shocks/springs/stabilizer bar)

• Tire Inflation Kit provided in lieu Space-saver mini spare

• Modified "H" Pipe

• 3.73:1 Limited Slip Rear Axle

• Dark Grey Brake Calipers

• 18" Euro-Flange Bullitt Wheels w/Charcoal Satin Finish

• 3 ½" Packed Exhaust Tips

• New Upper Grille w/o Fog Lamps or Pony Badge

• Bullitt Emblem on Faux Fuel Cap

• Black Interior w/upgraded steering wheel

• Sport Leather Seat Appearance

• Unique IP Finish (gunmetal engine turn pattern)

• Aluminum Interior Accents (ball shifter/sill plate/pedal covers)

• Includes spoiler delete/not available with GT spoiler

• Available in Highland Green or Black exterior paint colors

THIS MORING I CAME ACROSS FORD'S ROAD SHOW AT SCOTTS VALLEY HILTON THEY HAD ABOUT 10-12 NEW BULLITT MUSTANGS ALL WITH MANF. PLATES. THEY LOOKED GOOD, FOR GREEN. IT IS VERY DARK GREEN SO LOOKS PRETTY GOOD. I GUESS THEY ALL LEFT S.F. YESTERDAY DROVE DOWN TO MONTEREY THEN STAYED AT THE HILTON ALL PART OF RELEASE IN S.F. YESTERDAY

SHELBYGUY

THIS MORING I CAME ACROSS FORD'S ROAD SHOW AT SCOTTS VALLEY HILTON THEY HAD ABOUT 10-12 NEW BULLITT MUSTANGS ALL WITH MANF. PLATES. THEY LOOKED GOOD, FOR GREEN. IT IS VERY DARK GREEN SO LOOKS PRETTY GOOD. I GUESS THEY ALL LEFT S.F. YESTERDAY DROVE DOWN TO MONTEREY THEN STAYED AT THE HILTON ALL PART OF RELEASE IN S.F. YESTERDAY

SHELBYGUY

I can't think of a better locale to release the new Bullitt. After all, that's where it all started.

Here's a link to updated 411 on the original movie cars. Looks like Mc Queen wanted to buy one of the originals, but didn't get his wishes. I am disappointed that the present owner seems to be stingy with his treasure. Our loss, but zero gain for him. I'd love to rescue and resto this car.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/67-68/68/bullitt/

Another article, this one is from Autoweek and has a few different photos.....

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...1023/LATESTNEWS

they keep saying they are only going to build so many, if they sell they will build more, personally I like my Shelby GT and my GT500 better than the Bullitt, it looks kind of plain. I also heard they are going to make the GT500 for 09.

Archived