TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fired one over the bow:

ShelbyGT/SC

Hey all,

I added a post (#33) to the Dyno Results topic over at SU/Team Shelby. I hope this post helps gain all us "Baby Shelby's" a little respect. Well, I should clarify that and say that I haven't been disrespected nor have I seen/read any over there in the past but based on some of the complaints I've read here lately about the merger, I am hoping this will help us "in their club." Well, I shouldn't say that either because I feel that we're all already in the same club, but you know what I mean.

I was reading some of those posts and was surprised to have seen some of the GT500's with low 400's and even into the 300's on the dyno. One guy got 507 RWHP. I thought that was pretty cool for a stock GT500.

If any of you feel like joining in that topic, please don't use it to fight. And, if they start ragging on me, please don't use that as an opportunity to bash either. I can handle it if they start abusing me and will be able to discuss it all just fine if they start calling the SGT names. I am sure that it will all go well anyway.

Wish me luck, I'm going in. Cover me. (And then "Book 'em, Danno!" LOL - that's for you Ed S.)

Hey all,

I added a post (#33) to the Dyno Results topic over at SU/Team Shelby. I hope this post helps gain all us "Baby Shelby's" a little respect. Well, I should clarify that and say that I haven't been disrespected nor have I seen/read any over there in the past but based on some of the complaints I've read here lately about the merger, I am hoping this will help us "in their club." Well, I shouldn't say that either because I feel that we're all already in the same club, but you know what I mean.

I was reading some of those posts and was surprised to have seen some of the GT500's with low 400's and even into the 300's on the dyno. One guy got 507 RWHP. I thought that was pretty cool for a stock GT500.

If any of you feel like joining in that topic, please don't use it to fight. And, if they start ragging on me, please don't use that as an opportunity to bash either. I can handle it if they start abusing me and will be able to discuss it all just fine if they start calling the SGT names. I am sure that it will all go well anyway.

Wish me luck, I'm going in. Cover me. (And then "Book 'em, Danno!" LOL - that's for you Ed S.)

Is that CA plate CS's original?

Wow, thanks for all the compliments. I thought I'd get the opposite saying it was too busy, outlandish or too showy.

Because all along I was trying to make my car a Tasca Shelby, and since there were plans for my car being signed, and since this picture was taken at the Tasca Event this past August 25th, this was sort of the big day for me and my car. Therefore, I had displayed the matching numbered 0038 Shelby GT guitar with my matching numbered Artehouse picture (my car is 07SGT0038) and the other items such as:

I had the extra set of black signed block-off plates with SAI employee signatures on the driver's side (this was to have match Carroll's signature on the driver's side roof) and the Tasca employees signatures on the passenger's side (which was to have matched Bob Tasca Sr's sig on the passenger side roof). Unfortunately, it was a really hot day so both guys weren't able to come back and sign my car as planned. I am still working on this though so I am still hopeful.

I also have the magazine article of a 1967 Tasca Shelby displayed on the guitar case along with my MFG-013 plates. There is also a model of a 68 Tasca Ford Cobra Jet Mustang signed by Bob Tasca, Billy Gilbert and Bill Lawton.

For more info on Tasca and the rest of this topic, click on my CSM in my sig. Billy Gilbert invented the Cobra Jet engine and Bill Lawson was the driver of that car who won many races.

Thanks again guys.

--------------------------------------------

While we're on the subject, can anyone guess how many references to "Shelby" are in that picture?

Archived