TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT vs.

Kelsey

Now I'm not saying we should race or that it's right, but some of us have done it ;) . Just wanna know whats the fastest car you've beat??? Especially you GT/SC owners :D!!! I was next to a GTO tonight, but just could find the deserted road to try...... maybe after that s/c gets installed I'll get the chance ;)

Now I'm not saying we should race or that it's right, but some of us have done it ;) . Just wanna know whats the fastest car you've beat??? Especially you GT/SC owners :D!!! I was next to a GTO tonight, but just could find the deserted road to try...... maybe after that s/c gets installed I'll get the chance ;)

Which GTO? Old or New? Those new one's are F-A-S-T! I almost bought one myself but I could not get over it looking like a Caviler on steroids. Dang that thing would fly!

I haven't really beat anything of worth. I've been in some running packs with various cars but we were not doing anything but terrorizind the Sunday drivers who wouldn't move! :D

I have beaten a lightly modded Mustang same body as ours,I don't get too many challengers that are REAL.BTW I had an 05 GTO 6 speed,You better wait on that supercharger,Especially from a roll,That car was a bullet from a roll,Hard to get out of the hole with the independant rear though.I had done some light mods to mine and was puttin' the smackdown on some LS1 cars F bodies.

I'm surprised how few people, with nice cars, even try to race. Most of the time we pull up give each other a thumbs up, and drive away. I find it's the guys with the crap cars that are pains in the butt and try to race ya. I wave them on as if they're not worth my trouble. Seems to piss them off even more. B)

Which GTO? Old or New? Those new one's are F-A-S-T! I almost bought one myself but I could not get over it looking like a Caviler on steroids. Dang that thing would fly!

I haven't really beat anything of worth. I've been in some running packs with various cars but we were not doing anything but terrorizind the Sunday drivers who wouldn't move! :D

On the Hot Rod Power Tour this summer there was a group of GTO's that were tearing up the drag strip. They were all running in the low 12's, a couple of them were in the high 11's. But they have their problems also.......they like to eat trannys. I talke to one of the guys and he was on his third one, he said that was a common problem with the new GTO's. See guy's it could be worst, I'll bet when the tranny lets go they wish they only had a warped hood scoop. :D

I'm surprised how few people, with nice cars, even try to race. Most of the time we pull up give each other a thumbs up, and drive away. I find it's the guys with the crap cars that are pains in the butt and try to race ya. I wave them on as if they're not worth my trouble. Seems to piss them off even more. B)

+ 1

This has been my experience too!

GTOs (new ones) are cool (old ones are obviously cool too)

Great performance, but I just couldn't get over the bland looks (bland to me).

They are great sleeper cars.

Lot's of people dismissed me as non-contender.Plenty,But not all learned a lesson,I was schooled a few times also.Just part of it!

GTOs (new ones) are cool (old ones are obviously cool too)

Great performance, but I just couldn't get over the bland looks (bland to me).

They are great sleeper cars.

yea they are, wouldn't think that car has a 6.0! It was a new one of course, figured I'd loose, just wondered how bad... and apparently really bad!

yea they are, wouldn't think that car has a 6.0! It was a new one of course, figured I'd loose, just wondered how bad... and apparently really bad!

Could have gone either way with a driver error,It wouldn't be that bad if you are a sharp driver!Stock auto 6 liter GTO is anywher from mid 13's to a little in either direction.Stock Shelby GT supposedly is 13.60's,But having owned both,I'd say get the supercharger and leave way less question.Better yet give it a try as is next time and see how you do,Have fun!I'm stock,But if I catch one I know i can get him out of the hole,So I'm going to give it a try!

I've only got after one guy and its because he kept annoying the hell out of me. I kept runnning into this guy with a bright yellow Charger daytona with the hemi. He'd pull up next to me and get really racy every lighht we came to. I ignored him for about a months worth of seeing him everytime I went out for a drive-I'd finally had enough and killed him with the hole shot-when I shifted to third I was about a car length and a half ahead and I let off so he could catch up-he looked over and I waved at him. every time I've seen him since, he just waves and goes his own way.

As Matt pointed out-all the other nice cars I'm running across have like a mutual admiration society going, it's the young kids in the rice burners that that want to get racey all of the time. I just look at them and laugh-that REALLY ticks them off.

I have not been in any real races either. I think the BLACK scares the challengers it to tough for them. j/k. There was this one time when I was out cruising around MD in this Lotus came up from behind me on a entrance ramp.

He started to get closer on the ramp and I started to speed up. When we got of the ramp I lift him. We met up at the next light and there was a Camaro with him. He called for back up. J/k. We all revved are engines waiting for the light.

When the light finally came we all took off. The Camaro led then the Lotus then me. I had no chance that Camaro must of had a supercharger it just started to whine when we he was revving his engine. When I got back home and looked up the lotus's 0-60 numbers it was 4.5. Maybe when I get my supercharger I will teach them a something.

Could have gone either way with a driver error,It wouldn't be that bad if you are a sharp driver!Stock auto 6 liter GTO is anywher from mid 13's to a little in either direction.Stock Shelby GT supposedly is 13.60's,But having owned both,I'd say get the supercharger and leave way less question.Better yet give it a try as is next time and see how you do,Have fun!I'm stock,But if I catch one I know i can get him out of the hole,So I'm going to give it a try!

I figured I could get em outta the hole. he spun quite a bit at a stoplight launch, he was in front of me then, didn't have the chance. had to let off tho when I heard him rev up to go, got to close.

I figured I could get em outta the hole. he spun quite a bit at a stoplight launch, he was in front of me then, didn't have the chance. had to let off tho when I heard him rev up to go, got to close.

Have Fun!And be careful!

Well, given we are all family here . . . . please give me the benefit of the doubt. I was born and raised in Southern California. I had a built '66 Mustang fastback when I was 16. I street raced a lot back then. I am 57 now. When street racing happens, people die. I do not worry about any of our SGT family in this Forum. You know your cars, you know how to drive them and drive them fast. It is the other guy who will kill you and it will happen too fast for you to escape his bad judgment, unsafe car or, God forbid, both. And even if he does not kill you, and kills himself instead, you will be left with just an awful feeling. My two cents. Thanks for letting me have my "old guy's" moment. Jim

I just ran a comparison on www.dragtimes.com. It looks like a GTO is approximately 0.15 secs quicker in a 1/4 mile than our cars.

Did my share of street racing in my younger days too, but I'm 55 now, and a 30 year LEO veteran.

Nonetheless, I have my moments when the kid in me rises to the surface (as it did the first time I saw LuLu, my SGT). I guess it's not so different for any of y'all.

Anyway, not much to challenge me around here, nothing more than a handfull of Mustang GTs with a variety of mods at best. Only a few of them want to try me, but I did smack a BMW M-something really bad and he took it as they all do. Turned right at the next driveway.

Got time for one funny story?

A trick I revived from my old days, is to carry around an empty McDonald's coffee cup with the lid glued in place. When I get that feeling inside, that the driver to my right wants to play, I pull out this coffee cup and "sip" at the rim like it's fresh and typically scalding hot. I watch the cross traffic yellow for while sipping, while I tease the clutch a tad to make LuLu lurch forward. Kind of like setting the hook, usually the other driver accepts this invitation. Late in the cross traffic yellow, I go, and he's left behind. Never fails.

If he shows up at the next stoplight, I repeat the same scenario. This time he goes late on the cross traffic yelllow, and goes like hell while I sit still just a half-second or so. Once he sees that I am not going for it, he pulls up, while I nail it for the "tower fly-by", no mercy.

If he shows for the third stoplight (and believe me, they often do), he's so pizzed now, he can't control himself. On the green, he hits it much too hard and goes up in smoke. I just leave as I normally would leave under these circumstances, and stroll away with diginity. There has never been a 4th stoplight...

Works every time, get yourself a "cup of coffee"?

BTW...One time, I got caught. Police were at the intersection in a marked patrol car in cross traffic. I didn't see them until they came up behind me, they came up hard and fast. I surrendered while the other driver scooted away. Nothing else to do, but pull over and take the weight I earned.

After the usual "license, registration and proof of insurance" gumbo, we finally look at each other eye-to-eye, and this officer looks to be about five years older than me. He's a bit dumbfounded, so am I. He says "this is your car, right?" "Yes sir, she's mine". "Not your kid's car..." "No. Mine".

He takes a step back, looks at LuLu again, and says "you are a too old to be driving this car", and I reply (without thinking about possible repercussions while pointing to his police car) "and you are too old to be driving that car".

After a very long pause, he says "yes, I am." Handing back my papers, he adds "good night, Sarge, and keep her right side down." "Thank you and I will."

That's the latest, y'all be safe.

He takes a step back, looks at LuLu again, and says "you are a too old to be driving this car", and I reply (without thinking about possible repercussions while pointing to his police car) "and you are too old to be driving that car".

After a very long pause, he says "yes, I am." Handing back my papers, he adds "good night, Sarge, and keep her right side down." "Thank you and I will."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whole story is great, but that cracked me up!

Archived