TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tinted windows

STLShelby

So use to having the windows tinted on all my vehicles for so many years, i can't stand to drive one without it. Finishes the car off nicely. Clay bar and waxed also.

100_1158.jpg

100_1140.jpg

100_1142.jpg

100_1153.jpg

100_1160.jpg

100_1144.jpg

I've been hesitant to do this because in many of the pictures it seems like the rear quarter window kind of disappears on a black car. Is it just in photo's or do you see this to? Makes me think I'd need the chrome molding to define the window :) Car looks great btw :)

I've been hesitant to do this because in many of the pictures it seems like the rear quarter window kind of disappears on a black car. Is it just in photo's or do you see this to? Makes me think I'd need the chrome molding to define the window :)

It's the pics. Looking at the car in person you see them just fine.

So use to having the windows tinted on all my vehicles for so many years, i can't stand to drive one without it. Finishes the car off nicely. Clay bar and waxed also.

100_1158.jpg

100_1140.jpg

100_1142.jpg

100_1153.jpg

100_1160.jpg

100_1144.jpg

A fine looking machine it is!!! Would like to get mine tinted but am concerned some amateur would screw them up.

About waxing, Mequire's has advised me not to wax the "decals" (stripes to the rest of us. I think.) Anybody have any professional advice on this?

Thanks, Don

Now that I see your car I'm going to do my car that way. I looks great! :D

Thanks ross! The rear and quarter windows are 5% and the door windows have the 38% solar film.

In Mo you are only allowed 35% on the front door windows so my tinter is putting 38% on to allow for the 3% or so that's already in the window from the factory. So it ends up being 35% total.

The cops around here are sticklers on it. If they pull you over and shoot it and it's 1% to dark they will write you a ticket.

Thanks ross! The rear and quarter windows are 5% and the door windows have the 38% solar film.

In Mo you are only allowed 35% on the front door windows so my tinter is putting 38% on to allow for the 3% or so that's already in the window from the factory. So it ends up being 35% total.

The cops around here are sticklers on it. If they pull you over and shoot it and it's 1% to dark they will write you a ticket.

Thanks. That is exactly what I had on my 04 Cobra looked killer on a black car. Missed my appointment yesterday had to reschedule for next Thursday. I'm am sticking to the 35%.

Thanks. That is exactly what I had on my 04 Cobra looked killer on a black car. Missed my appointment yesterday had to reschedule for next Thursday. I'm am sticking to the 35%.

Or you could do what I did. Find a local cop that tints windows. That way it will be legal and the cops leave you alone.

100_1158.jpg

100_1140.jpg

100_1142.jpg

100_1153.jpg

100_1160.jpg

100_1144.jpg

2 words... ME LIKEY!!! :D

IMO-looks REALLY good. The more pics I see, the more I come to the conclusion- Black, White or Blue (I abstain on the GO) Man, we have sweet looking cars!

Archived