TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 SGT New Car Inventory at Dealers

This thread was buried in another topic - worth understanding. Assuming an even distribution (obviously not real), this shows 40 unsold 07 SGT's per State, and the 08's are arriving. Wonder what will happen to average sell price?

- - - -

HARLEY6.0 Oct 31 2007, 02:02 PM

SURE I CAN, I just did a Quick count 3619 DEALERS .......

There are 20 per page.....(111+ pages).......count shows 2035 still in Inventory. (that would mean about 3800 SOLD so far)

did not break down by...Black, White, Auto, Stick

randy

WOW...scary! No wonder only 2800 in 08! The issue, I think, when these cars would have sold (spring/early summer) many of these dealers were asking GT500 like ADM and this car can't support that. So now we head into the Winter months up north and the 08's are out and these cars aren't so attractive anymore.

These cars are quickly becoming Fords "new GTO".The dealers don't know about mod shop options,Well some do.Imagine how much nicer it would be to hear"Just think,If you buy this car,You can send it to the Mod Shop and have a supercharger installed and outperform the GT500 for less money and have a lighter car!"Nothing against the GT500.They have been marketed incorrectly,Dealer ADM'S from hell didn't help much either.A couple of TV commercials would have been nice!You don't know how much some public recognition would help.I have deen asked so many times about my GT500,I can't even count.Lord knows they look nothing alike!Anybody know how many GT500's are still on the lots.I have seen quite a few 07's still hanging around.So dealer greed+Lack of marketing screwed these excellant cars!Now like it has been mentioned,Ford is going to push the new Bullitt cars.I'll bet they get a hell of a commercial!I'm still good with my car,But had I known about the future I would have waited to buy because no doubt these things will hit lower 30's with a bunch of dealer incentives very soon!Seems like these cars are being swept under the carpet by all involved.

for all the GT500's faults and ADM's and MANY MORE MADE than our SGT'S....You dont see over 2000 of them sitting on dealer lots.

Thank Ford for spending a billion dollars on advertising for their car and leaving the SGT to blow in the wind.

If I see another GT500 getting offloaded from a ship in Germany, I am going to hurl!

These cars are quickly becoming Fords "new GTO".The dealers don't know about mod shop options,Well some do.Imagine how much nicer it would be to hear"Just think,If you buy this car,You can send it to the Mod Shop and have a supercharger installed and outperform the GT500 for less money and have a lighter car!"Nothing against the GT500.They have been marketed incorrectly,Dealer ADM'S from hell didn't help much either.A couple of TV commercials would have been nice!You don't know how much some public recognition would help.I have deen asked so many times about my GT500,I can't even count.Lord knows they look nothing alike!Anybody know how many GT500's are still on the lots.I have seen quite a few 07's still hanging around.So dealer greed+Lack of marketing screwed these excellant cars!Now like it has been mentioned,Ford is going to push the new Bullitt cars.I'll bet they get a hell of a commercial!I'm still good with my car,But had I known about the future I would have waited to buy because no doubt these things will hit lower 30's with a bunch of dealer incentives very soon!Seems like these cars are being swept under the carpet by all involved.

AMEN-I think a lot of us would have held off on our purchase a few months if we'd have known how many would still be sitting.

Archived