TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Mustang

buck_merged

I know it has already been put to rest, but for those of you who still doubt it, the Terlingua is a different animal for sure, and has a very distinctive presence of it's own-- especially in person! See it, you will be convinced! As with every Shelby car, it is the sum of the parts that makes it as special as it is.

Yes, you can see the DNA trail on this, and as Amy said, all Shelbys share the same DNA. So, if you get a chance, read the article, or better yet, see it in person if you get the chance. It is a beautiful car in it's own right.

For those of you who own the CS6, it's an original piece of Shelby history, and should never be ignored or underappreciated. You have a very rare, distinctive car!

Buck, I will have the guys put together something for you on functional CS6, I think we have that, that you can use to make yours work. The terlingua hood is as I discribed above a bigger more agresive look. it is over 3 incehes deep and has been raised as well, the overall design is similar. it was designed to be functional.

Amy you rock would you like me to give you a call or are you planning on just pm'n it to me? If you want to email me I could give you that asap. Thanks so much!!

Amy you rock would you like me to give you a call or are you planning on just pm'n it to me? If you want to email me I could give you that asap. Thanks so much!!

Buck, if you go sign up on Stangsunleashed you can see pics of the Terlinqua with some close up shots of the hood. The hood is slightly taller in regards to the outside. The area on the CS6 hood where the rubber grill attaches to is an inch or two taller and has two functional air vents for heat to extract. The inner layer is also taller in the center of the hood as well. For an everyday car this hood would be a problem when it rains, your engine would get pretty wet.

this might be a crazy question, I have a 2007 v6 silver mustang convertible that I had been considering upgrading with shelby parts for performance... would there be any possibility of sending my car to the factory to get it turned into a convertible version of the terlingua?

hey shelbyV6!!

you are sadly mistaken if you think anyone will be able to get this car at MSRP.I am willing to bet it will have ADM as big as 20k.dont worry just enjoy your ride.if you purchased your automobile and all the shelby parts as a investment you need to look into some mutal funds or other avenues to get a good solid return.sure these cars will be worth somthing in the future but spending 50k now with hopes of a 25% return in 15-20 years is a shot in the dark and real bad investing.

hey shelbyV6!!

you are sadly mistaken if you think anyone will be able to get this car at MSRP.I am willing to bet it will have ADM as big as 20k.dont worry just enjoy your ride.if you purchased your automobile and all the shelby parts as a investment you need to look into some mutal funds or other avenues to get a good solid return.sure these cars will be worth somthing in the future but spending 50k now with hopes of a 25% return in 15-20 years is a shot in the dark and real bad investing.

i don't think these are just being sold through dealers, v6 owners can send their car to factory authorized shops and have the package installed, so the MSRP should be accurate.

hey shelbyV6!!

WRONG!! do you expect a parts company like shelby not to offer parts to the general public that reflect the factory and concept automobiles they produce?.if this is the way shelby operated they would be out of buisness in short order.I bought the GT-H because I didnt want anything but a actual shelby.I wanted a car that was upfitted at Las vegas.I could have just bought a premium GT for $27,000 then added a SC and had more power than the GT-H for the same amount that I paid for the GT-H.you chose to buy a kit and have it upfitted to your specs.now you want the car to reflect in the registery that its a true shelby?anyway you look at it if shelby automobiles in Vegas didnt touch your car its never going to be considered a true shelby.I will even go as far as saying that the GT500 is a SVT mustang and not a shelby but thats a bigger can of worms.the only factor in the GT500 making it in the registery is that shelby 100% endorsed the car just like in 1969 and didnt actualy produce them.I understand that if you would have known before you spent bundles of money on your own cars that shelby was going to produce the GT you would have saved some cash but this is FORD shelby is dealing with and thats the problem not shelby.any way you look at it the CS6 isnt going into production and you guys have the only shelby V6 platform ever considered.thats pretty cool and your cars will be viewed as very collectible to the shelby enthusiasts.

WRONG!! do you expect a parts company like shelby not to offer parts to the general public that reflect the factory and concept automobiles they produce?.if this is the way shelby operated they would be out of buisness in short order.I bought the GT-H because I didnt want anything but a actual shelby.I wanted a car that was upfitted at Las vegas.I could have just bought a premium GT for $27,000 then added a SC and had more power than the GT-H for the same amount that I paid for the GT-H.you chose to buy a kit and have it upfitted to your specs.now you want the car to reflect in the registery that its a true shelby?anyway you look at it if shelby automobiles in Vegas didnt touch your car its never going to be considered a true shelby.I will even go as far as saying that the GT500 is a SVT mustang and not a shelby but thats a bigger can of worms.the only factor in the GT500 making it in the registery is that shelby 100% endorsed the car just like in 1969 and didnt actualy produce them.I understand that if you would have known before you spent bundles of money on your own cars that shelby was going to produce the GT you would have saved some cash but this is FORD shelby is dealing with and thats the problem not shelby.any way you look at it the CS6 isnt going into production and you guys have the only shelby V6 platform ever considered.thats pretty cool and your cars will be viewed as very collectible to the shelby enthusiasts.

point taken

The terlingua Hood will not be sold separately

Hi Amy,

I am a little late getting into this topic, but how does your statement about the hood not being sold separately square with what is in the Winter Shelby Performance Parts catelogue, specifically on page 22 where it says, "Coming in 2008. Terlingua inspired parts to watch for in Spring 2008! Deep draw Shewlby designed hood. Momo seats. Borla side-exiting exhaust system. + much more!" This issue is important to me, given that I wanted the CS6 hood but learned that I cannot get it with the Whipple S/C that the Mod Shop is installing for me. The Terlingua hood solves that little problem for me. Please tell me that the hood will be available. :) Thanks. Jim

If I may Clark........

I think the problem or more correctly,the question is that the statements were being posted on this topic a week ago, long after the catalog went to print, so when exactly was the changing of mind?

It seems to have taken place w/o Amy's knowledge if that the case.

Again, I am just trying to clarify the question.

Are the Hoods going to be sold separately?

Lots of Mustang owners want to know.

Lots of people want a whipple but dont want to mess with removing the brace.

If I may Clark........

I think the problem or more correctly,the question is that the statements were being posted on this topic a week ago, long after the catalog went to print, so when exactly was the changing of mind?

It seems to have taken place w/o Amy's knowledge if that the case.

Again, I am just trying to clarify the question.

Are the Hoods going to be sold separately?

Lots of Mustang owners want to know.

Lots of people want a whipple but dont want to mess with removing the brace.

Well stated, Wicked. Jim

Amy, forum participants, and casual browsers:

Greg "Eights" Ates here, brand-new to this forum and NOT an owner of any Shelby vehicles (although in 1965 or 1966 I ordered a Cobra tee-shirt from Shelby American that I've had ever since).

First, let me praise the organization for rising again after a long dormancy! I was seventeen when the first '65 G.T. 350s astonished performance automobile fans worldwide--and I was one of those awe-struck fans of all things Shelby. 'Still am!

I'm a total newbie, so please don't poke fun at these idiot newbie statements & questions:

I am rather smitten by the Terlingua Racing Team Mustang--and being the fossil that I am, being smitten doesn't happen often. To cut to the chase, it seems unnecessarily complicated for me to purchase a Mustang and arrange for it to be sent to your facility in Las Vegas--or to any of the authorized Shelby shops in various other locales--for upgrading to some level of Terlingua equipment. Will there be complete turnkey Terlingua Racing Team Mustangs for sale, equipped identically to the black-with-yellow-trim Terlingua shown at this year's SEMA show? That's idiot newbie question number one.

Expecting the answer to idiot new question number one to be "No", must the Mustang sent to your facility for the Terlingua upgrades be a V6 model? I'm aware that there may be fitment issues with that terrific Terlingua heat-extractor hood when a 4.6 V8 resides in the engine compartment so don't ROTFLYAO too long on that one. If I gotta buy a Mustang beforehand and ship it, I'd rather buy the V8 than the V6.

If I gotta buy a Mustang beforehand, would it save some money to buy a "Zinc Yellow" (I think they call it) Mustang so that only the black Terlingua trim has to be applied?

Naturally, I have other questions and more may arise. But the answers to these idiot newbie questions will give me a clue as to how much damage I'll inflict upon my unsuspecting bank account.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Greg "Eights" Ates

Hi Greg,

No idiot questions among yours. Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for sharing a bit of your background. I have you by a couple of years of age but the "not often smitten" phrase had me nodding my head. I do not know much about this car (other than I am trying to get the hood for my Shelby - unsuccessfully so far) so I look forward to the responses to your excellent questions. Jim

Hi Greg,

No idiot questions among yours. Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for sharing a bit of your background. I have you by a couple of years of age but the "not often smitten" phrase had me nodding my head. I do not know much about this car (other than I am trying to get the hood for my Shelby - unsuccessfully so far) so I look forward to the responses to your excellent questions. Jim

clark17357: Thank you for the welcome, Jim! I replied last week, but I did something wrong because that reply isn't here! Maybe it's 'cuz I used the "+" button instead of the "Add Reply" button--I'll try "Add Reply" this time.

I hope the three questions get answered within this thread...

I'll keep this one brief, as it may not get posted, either!

I am under the impression that the cs6 hood fits our 2 blowers that we install, so if it doesn't I can check.

The deep draw could very well be listed wrong and it doesnt mean we changed our minds. It means there was a mistake when all the parts were listed,they listed the hood. , as we talked about selling the kits and they were listing the kits , and somehow they listed the hood. Right now, I dont believe we are selling the hood.

Amy

I am under the impression that the cs6 hood fits our 2 blowers that we install, so if it doesn't I can check.

The deep draw could very well be listed wrong and it doesnt mean we changed our minds. It means there was a mistake when all the parts were listed,they listed the hood. , as we talked about selling the kits and they were listing the kits , and somehow they listed the hood. Right now, I dont believe we are selling the hood.

Amy

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the post. Bud had shared with me, in an e-mail of a while ago, that two hoods (stock and CS6) will fit both S/C units. With the Whipple and the CS6 hood, some material on the inside of the hood has to be removed to allow clearance (given that the Whipple stands a bit higher). What I, and others, want to accomplish, is to have both the Whipple and the FoMoCo strut brace (standard on all SGTs) on the car. The Whipple, with the strut brace over it, will not fit under even the standard hood because, again, it is too tall. So the Terlingua hood, with its deeper draw (and, as an added bonus, being functional), presents a perfect combination for some of us, assuming we can purchase the Terlingua hood from SAI. Take care and best wishes for your Thanksgiving to be as you wish it to be. Jim

Amy, John, or anyone who might know the answers to my questions.

1. Does each Terlingua car come back from Shelby in Black, or will Shelby return a Terlingua car in what ever color V6 you currently have? (example- My V6 is Tungsten Grey. Will it come back from Shelby Black or Tungsten Grey?)

2. Does every V6 Terlingua car (18k performance version) get a brand new manual transmission regardless of the exsisting transmission?

3. Is there ANY idea of the projected ETA would be on when the reservation list will start?

4. Is there ANY idea of when the projected ETA would be for the build to start?

I have a Black Shelby GT, I also have an 06 Tungsten Grey V6 that I fully intend to turn into my next Shelby as a Terlingua Car.

I greatly would appreciate any light shed on these questions please.

Archived