TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Mustang

buck_merged

My first thoughts was 'finally a Shelby built CS6.' I like the idea but I would rather not have a rabbit hood. It seems like a homage to a Pontiac Trans Am.

EXACTLY!! I love the terlingua history and all and I obviously love the cs6 because I jacked quite a few ideas off of it but honestly I don't know if I'd want that as mine. Looks pretty awesome though I could definately go for some of those badges hanging on my wall atleast!

Anyone else notice that the Terlingua Mustang is nothing more then a rebadged and repainted cs6? I mean it looks awesome and all but what the heck now they are building these in shop and they will be official shelbys.... <bleep>.

Well, according to what I was told FORD shot down the idea of the CS6 due to they were afraid it would cut into GT sales. Maybe this is a way around that decision.

Hmmmmmmm....... ;)

Anyone else notice that the Terlingua Mustang is nothing more then a rebadged and repainted cs6? I mean it looks awesome and all but what the heck now they are building these in shop and they will be official shelbys.... <bleep>.

I noticed

Ya something is fishy in (pardon the simpsons reference) SHELBYVILLE........what is SHELBY INC's STAND on this car, the TERLINGUA is a CS6 with a different paint scheme,name and wheels LOVE the quotes on the stangs unleashed website from our beloved AMY B. they sure know how to F**k all you CS6/8 owners over....i could see if they came up with say a.....GT350 R type body style or at least SOMETHING different from just taking CS6/8 parts slapping paint and a name on it then associating it WITH Shelby inc. WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE to CS6/8 owners

my only question is WHY would you do this to loyal shelby owners and lovers? WHY WHY WHY??? JUST what exactly are you saying to cs6/8 owners who fork out mega bucks for exclusivity of this package............even if it wasnt a terlingua racing product and shelby called it a CS6-R wouldnt change a thing

Ya something is fishy in (pardon the simpsons reference) SHELBYVILLE........what is SHELBY INC's STAND on this car, the TERLINGUA is a CS6 with a different paint scheme,name and wheels

This almost is no different then a Shelby GT. The Shelby GT is a GT/CS. It has different stripes on the side, a hood scoop, rally stripes, and a FRPP racing kit. Now if they decide to build these Terlingua's with a solid color and a side graphic that looks like the CS6/CS8 stripes, well that would make it beyond wrong to sell.

I can appreciate the battle being fought for those of you that have a full "Turn 2" kit but I can't "actively" fight it. My car will never be a full Turn 2 car so I have finally accepted what I have and am happy with it. I would love to still get a dash plaque or a certificate for the appearance look I have as for me none of this over the last year has been about the $$$ value of my car down the road being a Shelby. I have waited 30+ years for a Mustang like this and it won't leave my possession by my choice.

I had a few issues with the body components and SAI and Shelby Performance Parts have since corrected all of them. I have no complaints in that regard anymore. I do hope all of you that have built full Turn 2 cars get what you desire.

Guys, this is not the cs6, its the second generation v6 program

the brakes are different,

the exhaust is different,

the suspension is different

the cold air is different

the chip is different.

the hood is new

The only thing the same is the blower, which has been modified.

The wheels are different as well except I didnt have them in time.

the back panels are different

the grill is different.

The interior has mom seats.

The starter is a push button type and is also new

The facsia is the same, we designed it and we will continue to use it, just as all manufacturers reuse good designed parts.

So, again, do not spread rumors, do not comment badly on what you know nothing about. The cs6 and CS8 are kits that we created 2 years ago, great kits and the start of all our programs.

All manufacturers have kits, not everyone can afford to ship their car to shelby. You cant have it both ways. The kit is genuine Shelby, We are making the plaque for you, This conspiracy theory stuff needs to stop. These cars are not the same, just as the gt500 super snake and gt500KR are not the same, but they do start with the same car.

Amy

Amy

the hood looks very similar as do the wheels as far as the front fascia goes ........putting a SALEEN front fascia on a car does not make it a saleen................where as the cs6 is either just a body kit or a total performance car depending on your budget..........and thus should be treated as such now dont confuse the fact that you can buy entire body kits from Saleen or Roush...........with roush you build a stage 1,2,or 3 roush....then its a roush mustang is it not??Saleen different story......as all are numbered and built in house ............or you can buy all parts and make one ....not a numbered one im guessing..............as far as the shelby turn 1 and turn 2 shouldnt they be recognized as such (much like roush)

These people you so easily SLAG are DIEHARD Shelby people who believed in a product and were somewhat let down by you guys .............whether they see this terlingua as a redressed CS6 is irrelevant its the attitude you are putting out there

Dismissing the Die hard CS6 fans as a bunch of whiners is WRONG and you said it yourself ,the START of all our programs...........these people here KNOW what they are talking about, they know what they see. The hood is different how?? ....grille is minus the lights(IF its a track car would make sense) and lettering ,push button start ...you sell that on the shop shelby site ,,,,,,,,,,as this is A RACE CAR we would expect the exhaust,brakes and CAI to be different. Do V6 cars use chips?? or hand held tuners? MOM seats as far as I know shelby doesnt offer an interior choice for the CS6 so they could also have mom seats. OH lets not forget the fancy aluminum gas cap cover

We are asking for one thing plain and simple answers,thats ALL

And as far as not being able to afford to ship our cars to shelby ....you dont put parts on a CS6 for a full build anyways unless you have changed your policy

And as far as the affordability factor Shelby does not make turn 1 or 2 CS6/8 cars at the factory .....unless you have changed the policy

the hood looks very similar as do the wheels as far as the front fascia goes ........putting a SALEEN front fascia on a car does not make it a saleen................where as the cs6 is either just a body kit or a total performance car depending on your budget..........and thus should be treated as such now dont confuse the fact that you can buy entire body kits from Saleen or Roush...........with roush you build a stage 1,2,or 3 roush....then its a roush mustang is it not??Saleen different story......as all are numbered and built in house ............or you can buy all parts and make one ....not a numbered one im guessing..............as far as the shelby turn 1 and turn 2 shouldnt they be recognized as such (much like roush)

These people you so easily SLAG are DIEHARD Shelby people who believed in a product and were somewhat let down by you guys .............whether they see this terlingua as a redressed CS6 is irrelevant its the attitude you are putting out there

Dismissing the Die hard CS6 fans as a bunch of whiners is WRONG and you said it yourself ,the START of all our programs...........these people here KNOW what they are talking about, they know what they see. The hood is different how?? ....grille is minus the lights(IF its a track car would make sense) and lettering ,push button start ...you sell that on the shop shelby site ,,,,,,,,,,as this is A RACE CAR we would expect the exhaust,brakes and CAI to be different. Do V6 cars use chips?? or hand held tuners? MOM seats as far as I know shelby doesnt offer an interior choice for the CS6 so they could also have mom seats. OH lets not forget the fancy aluminum gas cap cover

We are asking for one thing plain and simple answers,thats ALL

I just gave you the answers. This car is not a cs6, look at the list above. The hood is very different and functional. the wheels are a new design by american, the ones on it in the booth are razors because I didnt have the new ones. everything else is different. you are correct, the exhaust is a side exhaust, the cai is different and the brakes are the new 6 piston from bar.... so to your 3 points, maybe you didnt read my post above, the car is different

once again,

the brakes are different, 6 piston brand new brakes

the exhaust is different, it's side exhaust from borla, brand new , exclusive to us.

the suspension is different , brand new not available yet

the cold air is different updated and new from ford racing

the chip is different. we chip the car

the hood is new , its a 3 inch deep draw that is functional

The wheels are different as well except I didnt have them in time. They are a new design by american

the back panels are different, they cover the complete back panel.

the grill is different.

The interior has momo seats. different pedals

The starter is a push button type and is also new from ford, it is part of the package

This is a mustang, a mustang built by us. they will all have a look and feel that is shelby, just like the Super snake and KR, but they are not the same. Even if the cs6 and the Terlingua were exactly the same, one is a kit in stages, one is built complete by us. The kit allows all to get a Shelby look at your own speed.

I have not hurt anyone or done anything that shouldn't have been done. the CS6 is a kit that we design and sell since 2005. The terlingua is our first new v6 model in 2 years.

Raven, your not very bright, I know who you are, and you are gone

Amy

Amy

i don't think people are understanding the significance and history of this car. amy do you have any pics of an original '67 terlingua to let people see how much it represents the original? i think that doing a tribute to this car is AWESOME! there racing history flew under the radar a long time now there getting there deserved recognition.

and thus should be treated as such now dont confuse the fact that you can buy entire body kits from Saleen or Roush...........with roush you build a stage 1,2,or 3 roush....then its a roush mustang is it not?? (much like roush)

That couldn't be more incorrect. Roush cars that are built by Roush are given a serial number just as they do at Saleen, Steeda, and Shelby. I have a Roushcharger and could have gone and added all the Roush components, pre-painted and all but guess what, it still wouldn't be an official Roush because it wasn't built by Roush.

I don't get it with some of you. The CS6/CS8 kit is getting recognition. It's very own dash plaque and certificate it looks like but no official entry in the registry. Those of you complaining apparently haven't been here on these forums since the beginning 18+ months ago. SAI has never said in any post on these forums that the CS6/CS8 kit would be in the registry. If that is what you want or was told otherwise it certainly wasn't on these forums. Past that I don't know but here on these forums it didn't happen. I know because I have been through all of these threads under this forum.

Daaaaaammn, That dude pissed off Amy! :o Going after the "shot caller" of SAI is not very productive nor prudent. Let's all just move forward and stay focus on the prize which is the plaque and the certificate for the CS6 and CS8. Amy, keep me(us) informed when I can get my plaque and cert. Thanks! - FB

Guys, I know you will all not always be happy, but we do try. A dash plate from us for parts is big, I know you all want to be close to shelby, you love the brand, I get that, but the cs6/8 was , was it always was, I was never able to build them, even if I was, how many of you would have sent you cars to us to build these? These were always advertised as a parts/kit program, from the day unveiled. Even then I am doing all I can to help. Hopefully the dash plaque will help.

you know being part of Shelby is not whether you own 1 car, 10 cars, or one part, its the love of the brand that keeps you close.

Amy

i don't think people are understanding the significance and history of this car. amy do you have any pics of an original '67 terlingua to let people see how much it represents the original? i think that doing a tribute to this car is AWESOME! there racing history flew under the radar a long time now there getting there deserved recognition.

there is a whole story in the new shelby mag, I will have rich post it here next week

thanks!

Amy

Amy,

Thanks for pointing out the differences between the models, I was one of those guys with the initial "it's just a badge engineering exercise" opinion about the car. I'll give it another look

Frank

the brakes are different, 6 piston brand new brakes

the exhaust is different, it's side exhaust from borla, brand new , exclusive to us.

the suspension is different , brand new not available yet

the cold air is different updated and new from ford racing

the chip is different. we chip the car

the hood is new , its a 3 inch deep draw that is functional

The wheels are different as well except I didnt have them in time. They are a new design by american

the back panels are different, they cover the complete back panel.

the grill is different.

The interior has momo seats. different pedals

The starter is a push button type and is also new from ford, it is part of the package

OK. I was MEH about the thing but this car just got real interesting really fast! :blink:

Hi Amy..

Just a couple of things......

Now that you are producing the Terlingua with the vehicle being so aesthetically similar but different..different..different... the interest for the CS6 will expire.

I will answer this one piece first as I have to get to the office, I will respond later to the rest.

All the cars we do inherently look the same, they are all mustang and all but terlingua have stripes. The terlingua does share the front facsia with the cs6, but the difference are numerous, I thoink if you paint them the same, to the novice the cars may look a like at a distance, but to mustang guys, I dont think so, there is only so much you can change without losing identity. In person, the terlingua is very different, performance wise, very different. I have great partners, my brakes will be baer, my exhaust will be Borla, the designs are all done in house. Our look is our design. So by default, all our cars look similar. And I have been told by many that they dont se the differences between the ss and the KR yet, they are distint.

This is not a kit, it can only be installed by us. On the price, the first price is cheaper, it isn't equal to the cs6 turn 1. the final package is more expensive. If it says installed, I will talk to the team, that might be the flat black only. I will check

I know you guys do not like the word kit, but that is what it is. There is nothing wrong with that, the cars I have seen on this site are beautiful.

My apologies Amy I did not in any means intend to create a frenzy I was just curious. I did not ever build a complete cs6 strictly because I realized from the beginning it was a KIT and although it was still a shelby in my personal opinion if I built my car using all shelby parts it is just as much a shelby as this is. Therefore I chose a different avenue based on my personal tastes. I however would have purchased a cs6 if I had known that it was built in house and was in fact 100% shelby certified. My original point of this thread was not to accuse but was to find the difference between the two which from first glance I could not see and hoped existed. In this respect you are completely right based off of your comments they are in fact very different cars. Also both are gorgeous in design and I must say you have done a fantastic job. The CS6/CS8 does have issues but what many on this forum are unable to accept is that they were designed with those issues. They were built as a KIT and they were designed for someone who wanted a piece of the magic when at the time no other was available. When they wanted this despite the downsides. Unfortunately, for these individuals (myself included) a shelby option is now available thus eliminating (IMO) the majority of the purpose that was this vehicle. Although I personally think Shelby automotives has done a fair amount for those of us that have gone down this path. I honestly do not regret doing this verse other options but I will probably when the GT350 comes out. Anyway I just wanted to clarify.

Also, Amy if you could PLEASE show the breakdown of how the hood is functional I would TRULY appreciate it. I want this hood functional and have had numerous body shops look at it. I'm assuming this is the same design hood from the cs6 in shape and the true difference is functionality. Hopefully this is correct because I HAVE to have this be functional..... PLEASE HELP ON THIS!!!

Thanks Amy!!

Hmmm, Amy, with the hood being functional on that unit, is that something that will be standard on the GT-H/CS6 hood across the board or is the functional unit only for Terlingua?

Just curious because I know a lot of people around here that ask me about my hood but are hesitant because they want to add or have a top mounted blower like I do but don't want to deal with the modifications I went ahead with.

Hmmm, Amy, with the hood being functional on that unit, is that something that will be standard on the GT-H/CS6 hood across the board or is the functional unit only for Terlingua?

Just curious because I know a lot of people around here that ask me about my hood but are hesitant because they want to add or have a top mounted blower like I do but don't want to deal with the modifications I went ahead with.

Hi Gp, First the hoods are very different, the Terlingua hood is about 3+ inches deep and has a rise as well. It was designed functional. We have in the past made the gt-H hood functional for customers in the mod centers post title, but it wasn't designed to be that way because of liability with Ford and hertz. Hertz was afraid with the rigorous washings every day that could cause damage.

The cs6 hood was designed to fit perfectly with the paxton or vortex blowers, orther manufacturers will require adjustment as you have done. Very nicely by the way. right now, it might be later, and only to Shelby owners, it is part of a mod shop package.

The terlingua Hood will not be sold separately

Amy

Also, Amy if you could PLEASE show the breakdown of how the hood is functional I would TRULY appreciate it. I want this hood functional and have had numerous body shops look at it. I'm assuming this is the same design hood from the cs6 in shape and the true difference is functionality. Hopefully this is correct because I HAVE to have this be functional..... PLEASE HELP ON THIS!!!

Thanks Amy!!

no problem...

Buck, I will have the guys put together something for you on functional CS6, I think we have that, that you can use to make yours work. The terlingua hood is as I discribed above a bigger more agresive look. it is over 3 incehes deep and has been raised as well, the overall design is similar. it was designed to be functional.

In 2005 the CS6 was what we designed and offered, it was what we had. We didn't put out a retail car till January 07 and that was decided in August 06. when we did the cs6 we thought this is what we will have, packages, Kits for People who love Shelby. There will always be an issue from year to year, what happens today will be obsolete in 2 years, that is for cars, phones, computers, everything. I have been on both sides. Enjoy what you have, it is after all the first thing designed by Shelby Autos for the modern mustang

Amy

Amy,

First a well thought out posting which answered many of the concerns.

Second since we are on the subject of the Terlingua, I would like to add a few recommendations based on experience with my CS6 (which has been on an actual track).

A modified V6 makes for a superior handling and track car. It has very neutral steering (from experience) and lacks most of the bad habits of its nose heavy bigger brothers. However unfortunately, Ford did not envision the V6 as any kind of performance vehicle and it took them a long while to get over the image of it as a "secretary's car". They finally caught on after car enthusiasts and aftermarket companies had the 4.0L running quarters in the low 13s, 12s and 11s (even a 10.9). However, due to its pedestrian design, there are some issues that still need to be overcome to perform up to its potential:

The air extraction hood was a much needed addition (I had to modify my CS6 hood) as heat problems in the engine compartment due to the supercharger were major issues. That said, with such a large opening, how do you plan to keep snow, rain, dirt, leaves, etc. out of the engine compartment?

As the car is seemingly intended for the track, the driveshaft becomes a major safety concern particularly with the pullied supercharger. There are many accounts of stock driveshafts explosively failing at about 115-120 mph, which can be easily exceeded with a flashed stock engine not to mention a supercharged one.

Side exhaust. In several states this is illegal so you may have to be prepared to offer the car with rear exit exhaust as well.

Consider adding a k-frame connector and torque limiters. The k-frame will stiffen the front of the car (and improve the ride - from experience) while the torque limiters prevent the transmission from rotating. Without the torque limiters, the shifter will tend to bind under load when trying to shift from 2nd to 3rd. It is so bad you have to let off the gas in order to make the shift (again from experience). Torque limiters solve this problem.

Another useful track addition is an oil cooler. Without it, the supercharger heats the oil and the car will begin to heat soak rapidly on the track. An oil cooler virtually eliminates this problem and is a good idea for any track car anyways.

did you say "mom seats" or did you mean "momo seats," Amy? :)

lol, I thought I fixed that, I meant MOM, they made special seats and belts for us.

Amy

Archived