TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Change!Why?

07SHELBY GT

so you paid an ADM thinking you were getting one of maybe 10,000 cars, only to find out there will be 30,000 of them and you are fine with that?

I wouldnt be, but thats just me.

At $94 a barrel, I think we are heading into a period like the mid seventies, you are right, the days of the car enthusiast having choices like this are severely limited.

ok, I was just wondering. thanks.

When I bought my car I knew that Carroll had a 2 year agreement (8k - 10k cars a year) with Ford and an option for a 3rd year. Amy verified this for me and the others over on SU. so yes I knew that 30,000 cars was a possibility. Now that partnership with Ford and SAI has been extended well into the next model year I am still OK with it.

To this day I have still not seen one on the road in my travels here in the Pacific NW (Oregon & Washington) and I like that fact.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a huge admiration for the SGT. I love the looks of the car and the personal touches that SAI has done to it at there facility. That is fact. I also know that most members over on SU feel that same way. There are a few that don't feel that way and yes I have seen a few of those comments. If those type of comments start to occurr again, please let us know and we address them accordingly. We do not want fighting & bickering about the brand.

Yes I have taken a few sucker punchs over here, so I know how that feels. I am on your side on this issue of not bickering over the brand and I will stand up for you if I see it happen. Please let me know if this happens to you so I can address it.

When I bought my car I knew that Carroll had a 2 year agreement (8k - 10k cars a year) with Ford and an option for a 3rd year. Amy verified this for me and the others over on SU. so yes I knew that 30,000 cars was a possibility. Now that partnership with Ford and SAI has been extended well into the next model year I am still OK with it.

To this day I have still not seen one on the road in my travels here in the Pacific NW (Oregon & Washington) and I like that fact.

Thanks for answering my questions Grabber.

At $94 a barrel, I think we are heading into a period like the mid seventies, you are right, the days of the car enthusiast having choices like this are severely limited.

ok, I was just wondering. thanks.

Wicked, you could be right, but a few things are different than the 1970's. I got 24 miles to the gallon on my drive back from Shelby to Colorado, and pushing 463 hp, that's not too bad!!! B)

Wicked, you could be right, but a few things are different than the 1970's. I got 24 miles to the gallon on my drive back from Shelby to Colorado, and pushing 463 hp, that's not too bad!!! B)

I'm glad someone is getting good mileage results. Looked at mine today 24 mph avg. 12.0 mpg! :blink: And I have not gone into "boost" yet. Good thing I didn't buy the car for gas mileage :lol::lol:

I own a Shelby & so do you. Let's not start that childish banter. I know you don't like me, and that's fine. Life is too short to let people like you bother me.

Here's My certificate:

Certificaterevised-GT500002.jpg

Also take a look at what it says on my Window Sticker:

MaroneySticker001.jpg

that looks like the sticker to the one thats in the lot for your avatar ! you a sales man ???

its not that i dont like you , i dont even know you at all so i cant dislike you !

i just dont like whats happening to our Family , we were all happy here the way it was , with all SGT owners

that own the same car and know whats going on with them ect. not a bunch of people jumping into the topic not even owning a SGT and bragging about how much better their GT500 is !!!!!

Well we got CSM numbers. I am satisfied.

Thats correct you also have shelby monrony labels.

On the club, this forum will become the team shelby forum. We didnt buy stangs we partnbered with their owners. we will merge forums and this gt forum will become the standard. We will also build a bigger vintage section and hopefully some of the vintage guys will join.

Amy

Well we got CSM numbers. I am satisfied.

Back in the 80's 1969 Shelby's were made on the same assembly line as any mustang and had that label as not a real Shelby.The 65-66 Shelby's were sent to calf. for final mod's just like the SGT's and GT500 KR's. History has a funny way of repeating itself. Paying a ADM for a car that may reach 30000+ cars so you can be the first on the block, well there's a word for that. Maybe that extra 500 pounds is why they call it the GT 500.When Shelby works his magic on the GT500, then it looks right and sounds right.

Archived