TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Change!Why?

07SHELBY GT

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So,Who's happy about the impending change?Who's not?Somebody tell me how this is good.

Grabber seems like a good guy but he is selling it awful hard, so there is some payoff here I just don't know what it is. He'll slow down now that he knows we know what he is doing and he knows he is doing it. Did you catch all that? :lol:

So lemme get this straight. We now type in www.teamshelby.com into our browsers instead of http://forum.shelbyautos.com/ ????

Geez I dunno if I can be asked to do that. That seems like alot of trouble. I'm not sure that this will work out at all. How can SAI ask us to do such a thing? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:o Now get out and drive your car and get off the *&%$&^ computer.

Grabber seems like a good guy but he is selling it awful hard, so there is some payoff here I just don't know what it is. He'll slow down now that he knows we know what he is doing and he knows he is doing it. Did you catch all that? :lol:

Pay off !

Who ratted me out ?

thheadbanging.gif

So,Who's happy about the impending change?Who's not?Somebody tell me how this is good.

This is what The man himself has to say about it:

“People have asked me for years to form a club that will help them really enjoy their Shelby car,” said Carroll Shelby, Founder and CEO of Shelby Automobiles. “There's a new generation of cars, new faces at Shelby and people who want to enjoy their vehicle in new ways. The world has changed over the past 42 years, so we need a club to meet the needs of this new generation. We want to knit together those people with owners of early Shelbys and give everyone new ways to have fun with their high performance vehicle.”

Here's what else Carroll said:

“We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars,” added Carroll Shelby. “I'm member #001 and anyone who wants to have fun should join, whether or not they own a Shelby car. I'd love to see GT500's on the track with the high strung GLH's and limited edition Series 1 cars. We'll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way.”

Bla ,,, Bla ,,,Bla !!! read all that !!!!!!!!!!

we have our forum and like our Shelby Family the way it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I think im gonna start a new forum on my server and only Shelby owners can sign in !!!!!!!!!!

passwords will be cm# and have to provide pic for sign up !!!!!!!!!!!! ????? thoughts ?????????? :D

I don't know how to make this sound any other way,So take it as you will.We have had our disagreements,But we are TOGETHER on this forum!This is the only place where we can be left alone about the cars that we enjoy!If you look at any other forum that even has a Shelby GT section,The posts are few and far between.This is where we can come and discuss OUR cars,And talk with others who actually own them.Seems that any other forum is more GT500 biased.I don't have anything against them,But,They do seem to be catered to!I'm not liking this too much,But I'm just one person,Sorry about my luck,Right!Stangsunleashed has been a fun place to post at,But so has theS197 forum,Moddedmustangs,Etc.This was like Cheers!Don't see it being the same! :angry:

I don't know how to make this sound any other way,So take it as you will.We have had our disagreements,But we are TOGETHER on this forum!This is the only place where we can be left alone about the cars that we enjoy!If you look at any other forum that even has a Shelby GT section,The posts are few and far between.This is where we can come and discuss OUR cars,And talk with others who actually own them.Seems that any other forum is more GT500 biased.I don't have anything against them,But,They do seem to be catered to!I'm not liking this too much,But I'm just one person,Sorry about my luck,Right!Stangsunleashed has been a fun place to post at,But so has theS197 forum,Moddedmustangs,Etc.This was like Cheers!Don't see it being the same! :angry:

no your not just 1 ,your speaking for alot of us !!!!! i agree with u completley!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Guys, Your family group here can all still interact in the same SGT forums and threads. No one has to leave or feel left out. I have been hanging in here today because I knew you guys would feel hurt. I called Bud today and had him come on here and talk to you guys because I knew the others were busy at Sema. I for one care about the group integrity that you all have. I know how I would feel if our group was splitting up. I would feel saddened. I don't know many of you at all, but I know how you feel, and I just want to tell you guys that you can make this a good thing. You can keep your group intact. It's a move that Carroll has set up, and sometimes growth and change are scarey because it feels different.

It will be OK. Stick together as a family would and support each other during the transition.

smiley_huggroup.gif

I don't really know what is going on but I will say that I hope this forum stays active. I joined this one and Stangs Unleashed at the same time and it didn't take me long to figure out where I wanted to be. I think I may have posted over there four or five times total in the last eight months. I like our little family and don't want to see it go.

Amy, would you please chime in and straighten us out? Are we going to have to leave here and go to Stangs Unleashed?

I don't really know what is going on but I will say that I hope this forum stays active. I joined this one and Stangs Unleashed at the same time and it didn't take me long to figure out where I wanted to be. I think I may have posted over there four or five times total in the last eight months. I like our little family and don't want to see it go.

Amy, would you please chime in and straighten us out? Are we going to have to leave here and go to Stangs Unleashed?

It's allready been confirmed earlier today by Bud. SAI owns StangsUnleashed and it has been re-named to Team Shelby and it was announced today at Sema. It will take about 2 weeks to move these threads over to Team Shelby and then close this forum.

Part of what I don't like is that we are being told this happening and our community is being displaced by people from stangsunleashed. I know SAI is busy with SEMA but come on.

Amy please show a little respect to the owners of "the first Shelby Mustnag in 40 years." I think it wouldn't have taken but 5 minutes to draft a post a few days ago and then a minute to post it yesterday or so.

Instead they send the nicest moderator from stangusunleashed to make the transition smooth. It all smacks of lack of interst in the Shelby GT owners.

I spent a lot of time on stangsunleashed and The Mustang Source when I was looking at getting a gt500. The members were knowledgeable and I learned alot but there always seemed to be a lot more flaming and whining (usually about ADMs ) than I have seen here. As soon as the SGT was announced I immediately decided it was the car for me. I noticed that the SGT got a lot of disrespect on the other SGT forums. I slowly stopping visiting there and became a more frequent visitor here. Basically, I got tired of listening to others bash the car I love.

This site is far from perfect but it is head and shoulders above the other sites if you are an SGT owner. I have visited here almost every day, multiple times a day, for the last 15 months. When this forum goes away or gets absorbed by stangsunleashed it will be sorely missed.

Part of what I don't like is that we are being told this happening and our community is being displaced by people from stangsunleashed. I know SAI is busy with SEMA but come on.

Amy please show a little respect to the owners of "the first Shelby Mustnag in 40 years." I think it wouldn't have taken but 5 minutes to draft a post a few days ago and then a minute to post it yesterday or so.

Instead they send the nicest moderator from stangusunleashed to make the transition smooth. It all smacks of lack of interst in the Shelby GT owners.

Let me tell you that I saw the merge thread go up here this morning by one of your members that goes on StangsUnleashed. He posted the info. I saw that you guys did not have the information by the reaction of the posts. I made some calls on my own to get the facts straight and get permission to post it on your board. I did so. I then called Bud, who is a friend of mine and chatted about the situation, and he came on here to talk to you guys. He is one of Amy's right hand guys as you know. Top notch in my book. Please do not think that SAI does not have intrest in you guys because they do. You are all part of their heart and soul of the company.

This is a true blow. Now everything is slowely coming together. Why we never got the gas cap we were told they were "working on" and the hood scoop they were "working on". Geez, I hope their new V6 has some nice items. I think this has confirmed SAI is only concerned with selling cars and they dont give a rats ass about the past customes. And now they are taking down this forum and want us to pay 50 bucks each. This is truly unfucking believable. I dont know if I really want to spend 50 bucks. How often do they expect us to pay that? And who is going to pay it? I really havent decided if I will yet. Im leaning on the side of NO but not sure. Its not the money, but the principle.

What's this about fifty bucks? To post on a message board? Please. The internet's a big place.

I don't think there is a charge to participate in the forums, only to join Team Shelby. It's a "club". You get a T-shirt, and a commemorative book when you join.. and they teach you a secret handshake.

What's this about fifty bucks? To post on a message board? Please. The internet's a big place.

This site tells about the new "Team Shelby". I hope im reading this wrong. Scroll down to 2 paragraps above the bullets.

Below is part of this link:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/teamshelby

“We're developing a Web site with member only areas that have videos, forums, podcasts, exclusive news and insights straight from the factory,” added Robert Lane. “And we're planning simulcasts briefings with Carroll and other key Shelby execs through the site. Plus, we'll invite Ford and other Shelby partners to communicate with our club members through it. This will enhance the sense of community and give team members the first crack at Shelby news, products and events.”

Team Shelby is not a “virtual club” the group will design and distribute a quarterly e-newsletter and is planning a full compliment of events such as tours of the Ford and Shelby facilities, a 40th anniversary GT500KR reunion, track days, Hertz reunion and other events. Membership includes official Shelby gear and an opportunity to learn more about the development of cars. Anyone can join Team Shelby on line for only $49.95 and receive benefits including:

• First news on all of the products and vehicles coming out of Shelby

• Exclusive access to members only areas of the Club web site

• Quarterly club publication

• Official Team Shelby T-shirt

• Two official club decals

• Shelby Commemorative magazine

• Shelby Key chain

• Two official membership cards

• Shelby Performance Parts catalog and discount on all parts

+1 :( Maybe I should be happy but why am I so sad. I like hearing and talking to SGT owners. Not non owners attacking us or comparing their cars to ours. Each of us knows our cars are special....and we don't have to prove it to anyone. I have checked out many other forums and always left empty or angry. SGT owners have had to defend their purchases in the other sites, many of us have been bashed by Mustang owners (too expensive, I can build it cheaper, blah, blah, blah). Bashed by GT500 owners (we are better, blah, blah, blah). Even bashed by future owners of a new GT350 (every reason why SGT is not a GT350). I have never felt I had to defend myself at ShelbyAutos. It has been great place for SGT owners or future owners to share information, and a passion, about SGTs...a car nobody knew anything about...and yes...it was free. And I'm sorry but a comment about a SGT means more to me than a comment from a non owner.

To tell you the truth I was getting really sick of seeing the big yellow GT500 over and over in the SGT section. And now I find out that is the guy that is taking over... Nothing personal Grabber but I feel like you are shoving that GT500 down my throat...kind of like your site.

Yes, if ShelbyAutos closes...I will have little choice but to quit the forums or switch.....but for me to switch....that site must be much more SGT friendly...

And why isn't Shelby announcing the change???....there has to be a better way than have a GT500 owner push the site on Shelby's SGT site.

You don't have to pay $50 to post on the stangsunleashed forum. That is free.

The fee is for being in the S197OA/Team Shelby club. There majority of members on stangunleashed are not members of the S197OA club. I am pretty sure paying to use the forum is not part of the equation.

I don't think there is a charge to participate in the forums, only to join Team Shelby. It's a "club". You get a T-shirt, and a commemorative book when you join.. and they teach you a secret handshake.

Member only areas that have....forums??????? Maybe im just reading into it........I hope so.

"“We're developing a Web site with member only areas that have videos, forums, podcasts, exclusive news and insights straight from the factory,” added Robert Lane. "

Plus Im upset I wont make it to 500 posts so I can add my little quote under my avatar. :(

+1 :( Maybe I should be happy but why am I so sad. I like hearing and talking to SGT owners. Not non owners attacking us or comparing their cars to ours. Each of us knows our cars are special....and we don't have to prove it to anyone. I have checked out many other forums and always left empty or angry. SGT owners have had to defend their purchases in the other sites, many of us have been bashed by Mustang owners (too expensive, I can build it cheaper, blah, blah, blah). Bashed by GT500 owners (we are better, blah, blah, blah). Even bashed by future owners of a new GT350 (every reason why SGT is not a GT350). I have never felt I had to defend myself at ShelbyAutos. It has been great place for SGT owners or future owners to share information, and a passion, about SGTs...a car nobody knew anything about...and yes...it was free. And I'm sorry but a comment about a SGT means more to me than a comment from a non owner.

To tell you the truth I was getting really sick of seeing the big yellow GT500 over and over in the SGT section. And now I find out that is the guy that is taking over... Nothing personal Grabber but I feel like you are shoving that GT500 down my throat...kind of like your site.

Yes, if ShelbyAutos closes...I will have little choice but to quit the forums or switch.....but for me to switch....that site must be much more SGT friendly...

And why isn't Shelby announcing the change???....there has to be a better way than have a GT500 owner push the site on Shelby's SGT site.

You summed this up very well.

Not happy about this :angry:

I have been to stansunleashed, while it is ok, the general feeling is a bashing of SGT's when I read threads from there. That site is too "busy" for me .

Very sad...I feel like I have family here :(

Archived