TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Yahtzee

70SCJ

A salesman for the dealership saw it crossing the Mississippi River and called ahead. Just watched it come off the truck! Nothing but awesome! White with blue. Very quiet at idle. 7.2 miles on the odometer. Slight damage on the bottom of the spoiler from rubbing during transport, should just be a part changed out. It's getting PDI'ed right now and I pick it up in an hour. If I can get the pics loaded I'll put some on tonight.

A salesman for the dealership saw it crossing the Mississippi River and called ahead. Just watched it come off the truck! Nothing but awesome! White with blue. Very quiet at idle. 7.2 miles on the odometer. Slight damage on the bottom of the spoiler from rubbing during transport, should just be a part changed out. It's getting PDI'ed right now and I pick it up in an hour. If I can get the pics loaded I'll put some on tonight.

Congrats man, wanna take me for a ride?

I am in Wisconsin how far away are we?I think SE Missouri is about 600-700 miles.

Oh, forgot to list in post. The dealer is a full line SVT dealer with a small to mid size dealership. They think they are getting a total of 3 before the lottery. It was built back on 6/19 and got caught up in the shutdown and the stripping deal.

Needless to say I won't be getting much work done the rest of the day or week for that matter.

CONGRATS -----& ENJOY don`t forget to post pictures & how you like its performance.

Pics will be coming soon.

Took it to a local cruise in last night and it got alot of attention. Had one boy (about 8-10 years old) who jumped up and down and flapped his arms when he saw it. He came over with his parents and asked a couple of questions. He said it was only the second he seen in his life. (He was at the Chicago Auto Show). I told him he was one ahead of me.

First impressions: A truly awesome car. Very comfortable to drive and ride in. Shifter is very crisp, although I'm sure a avid racer might want it tighter. You don't really feel how fast you are actually going, then you look at the speedo and start to worry who's watching. The stereo (shaker 500) makes plenty of noise for me. I personally like to listen to the motor and blower wind up. By the way the first song on the radio on the way home way BTO, You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet. I have had the same situation with the clutch as others. A slight chatter or bog, but my 5.0 of several years ago did kinda the same thing. (Tall gearing I think)

The exhaust sound is quiet, but that just allows me to hear the engine and blower more. The engine pulls like a freight train in my opinion. Very smooth power all the way up the rpm scale. I definitely feel a difference in power with the TCS off. The tires barked in 2nd gear without even trying.

One funny thing: the owner of the dealership was trying to scam a drive by pulling it out of the detail area and saying it still had to be tuned and filled with fuel. My salesman immediately figured out what was happening and told the owner right in front of me that in fact the tune was done and he(salesman) me and my wife would be taking the car to fill it up. The owner waffled and got out of the car. I told the salesman that I be more than happy to let the owner drive the car, but it would cost him alot of $ to do it. He chuckeled and that was the end of that.

Gald to see you got your car & your grinnig from ear to ear. Did you lay on the ground & check the front air splitter for damage & how was the ride home? :shift: Any tickets? :hysterical:

I did check the air splitter and there was some damage, but it was noted and parts were ordered to replace it. The salesman actually saw the damage first. It looked like it rubbed on the ramp during transport. I think if they wouldn't have tied it down in front so low it might have been ok.

The ride home was very cool. I live off a 2 lane state highway so I did get to open it up a bit in 2nd and slightly in 3rd, but I had the whole family on board and I wasn't ready to risk the entire gene pool. 2nd gear is awesome!

I did check the air splitter and there was some damage, but it was noted and parts were ordered to replace it.

Great ride, glad you/they noticed the damage. Hopefully the air splitter damage issue is getting back to Ford so that future transports don't have this issue. I think this is the 3rd or 4th car I've heard of this on.

Dave

Archived