TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looky Loos

clark17357

Well, you all warned me about Looky Loos and I thought I learned what I needed to know last Sunday but, today, I was stopped at the bottom of a freeway offramp and, you guessed it, a guy in his Honda van nailed me. To quote him, "I had never seen a car like that and I was looking at it and did not put the brakes on like I should have." No kidding. That is the bad news. The good news is that all the damage was confined to the rear facia and, compared to . I would post photos but it would just depress me further. Compared to uno, I have nothing to complain about. But, seriously, do these cars attract this kind of thing? I have gone 25 years without so much as a fender bender until now. Okay, the whining is finished. I will chalk the whole thing up to an unusually expressed compliment from another driver. Jim

Well, you all warned me about Looky Loos and I thought I learned what I needed to know last Sunday but, today, I was stopped at the bottom of a freeway offramp and, you guessed it, a guy in his Honda van nailed me. To quote him, "I had never seen a car like that and I was looking at it and did not put the brakes on like I should have." No kidding. That is the bad news. The good news is that all the damage was confined to the rear facia and, compared to . I would post photos but it would just depress me further. Compared to uno, I have nothing to complain about. But, seriously, do these cars attract this kind of thing? I have gone 25 years without so much as a fender bender until now. Okay, the whining is finished. I will chalk the whole thing up to an unusually expressed compliment from another driver. Jim

Yep. I've had them drift into my lane from looking and then jerk the wheel back.

Sorry to hear about this, and I hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction. It's amazing how clueless so many drivers are.

Archived