TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Please vote for my GT500 in the Ultimate Stang Challenge

iceman

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and asking for help from other Shelby owners as my black Shelby GT500 convertible has been selected & is a contender in Mustang Planet’s Ultimate Stang Challenge (USC 2). The winner of the event gets $2500 gift certificate from Saleen Speedlab which I am certain I could find a few things for myself but since I am not a huge Saleen fan I am doing this more for the fun of it than anything but it would be nice to be able to shop for car parts and not shrink my checking account for once. I assume the prize is the same this time it may change but that is what is was for the first round and it will be at the very least similar to this.

I need as many votes as I can to win and will likely bug you a few more times as this goes on if I advance to the later rounds. I do have some stiff competition as there are some pretty nice show cars that have been selected to compete against me and as luck would have it I am competing against probably the nicest one of them all in round 1 so I really need any help I can get.

Thanks in advance for the support!

I want to thank John “Mr. Farmdog” Farmer for making me aware of this challenge for the chance to win the prize as well as the great ammo to help me solicit votes as he went through this blind in the 1st USC but lost to another GT500 along the way in a close battle in the 2nd round that really could have been the finals – this other GT500 went on to win the challenge.

Here is the info for voting:

STEP 1: In order to vote you will need to register -> http://stangplanet.com/forum/register.php As part of the registration process it asks for who the referring member is. You can put MrFarmdog or iceman or leave it blank.

STEP 2: Once you register here is the link to vote -> Please vote for me in the Ultimate Stang Challenge II

or

http://stangplanet.com/cmps_index.php?pageid=usc

My car is titled “1 Bad Vert.!!!” & is the Black Shelby GT500 Convertible and recently ran a 10.991 1/4 mile but I have no slip so the best I can prove is 11.041 @ 133.01mph.

Thanks in advance for your support.

post-5172-1147561170_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much for all of your support. I managed to pile up enough votes that I walked away from the competition over the week end which was a nice surprise this morning when I logged on and checked. I thought he would have the late surge but between all of you including my family, friends, Mustang Club, and the group on the forum I had a nice showing this round & advance to the Final 8 (not the final 4 as it looked like it would be).

The next round I am now up against a car that in my opinion is not near as nice as this last one but as you can tell this isn’t always about the nicer car.

- Like in Chicago: Please vote early and often J once the gates open – It looks like this will be on Nov. 5th or 6th. - I'll update it as we go but there is another GT500 running now on the other bracket to support also.

- Again please forward to anyone that you had before and please thank them for the vote also

- Please feel free to post or refer any sites for me to post this at and ask them to vote for me. I know a few people helped me out with other car forums they are on and Mustang web sites for clubs etc. and I really appreciate it.

You won’t have to re-register if you voted already – just go to this link and make sure you are logged in so you can vote: http://stangplanet.com/cmps_index.php?pageid=usc

It seems they changed up the format and made our original 8 the left side of the bracket and there is another 8 going now so I will have made it to the final 8 (not the final 4 yet).

If anyone new needs the info to vote for the first time:

Here is the info for voting:

STEP 1: In order to vote you will need to register -> http://stangplanet.com/forum/register.php As part of the registration process it asks for who the referring member is. You can put MrFarmdog or iceman or leave it blank. Once you register you must confirm it by clicking a link they e-mail you before it allows you to vote.

STEP 2: Once you register & confirm it here is the link to vote -> Please vote for me in the Ultimate Stang Challenge II

My car is titled “1 Bad Vert.!!!” & is the Black Shelby GT500 Convertible.

Owner Chris "Iceman" Ponsler

Car Name One Bad Vert.!!!

Color Black with Tungsten Rocker Stripes

Year 2007

Car Details: 2007 Shelby GT500

Owner: Chris Ponsler

Car Name: One Bad Vert.!!!

Color: Black with Tungsten rocker stripes

Year: 2007

Type:

Engine: 5.4 L Supercharged w/Kenne Bell 2.8

Wheel Size: 19"

Quarter Mile: In progress 11.25 @ 129.52 MPH at time of entry – Currently 10.991 but no slip to prove it – Have slip for 11.041 @ 133.01

RWHP: 700+ (685 on Munstang dyno that is typically 5% lower than a Dynojet)

List of Modifications:

2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible - Purchased & took delivery 12/16/06 - Vanity plate "07 COBRA" reserved

Ebony/Tungsten Side Stripes

Premium Int Dark Charcoal

Shaker 500 - SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Lifetime

Evolution Custom installed Kenne Bell 2.8 & Jon Lund Tune

Steeda (Evo.) Heat Exchanger

1 piece aluminum driveshaft

FRRP 3.73 Gears

American Racing Stainless Long Tube Headers

3" Magnaflow exhaust

Eibach "Pro-Kit" springs & sway bars (front & rear)

D-Spec adjustable shocks/struts with remote extenders in trunk

Autometer Wideband A/F, Fuel Pressure, & Boost (Cobalt gauges) in A-frame pods with Raptor Shift light

STEEDA Tri-axe shifter, LCA & Relo Brackets, Adj. UCA, Adj. Panhard Rod & Brace, Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts, hood struts, dead pedal, stainless radiator cover, and shifter bezel

Prothane motor mounts (machined to fit KB 2.8 under hood with no cutting)

Porterfield RS-4 brake pads all the wayaround (bye-bye brake dust!)

Shelby Automotive Tail light, 3rd tail light, & Quartler lamp trim, Shelby fluid caps & fuse box cover, Autographed Dash Plaque

Window Tint (20%)

CCW 19" SP500 Rims & BFG KDW tires for the street (275/35 front & 295/35 rear)

Line Locks & Mickey Thompson ET Streets (26") tires for the track on 16" 95 Cobra R Rims

iceman vs Mach 1:

iceman vs Vette (bad bog at start & still wins):

quick video of Herman Shelbyfest 2007 - 20+ GT500's lined up:

Hoping for new video to be available soon of a run with a 134.56 trap speed and close up of the wrinkled tires at launch….I spun a little and short shifted 1st so only ended up with an 11.3 final ET though.

Ijust wanted to update everyone that the modelfor this challenge is now the NCAA tourney with 64 teams. It seems they are trying to run 8 heats for lack of a beter term that would net 32 winners from round 1 and then we will step into round 2. I appreciate the support from other Shelby enthusiasts but in an effort to make sure we win I would encourace others to enter as well.

Archived