SGTOA

07SGT4578

ALL, JOIN :

National SAAC (Matt, that's you too)

Regional SAAC

S197 CLUB

Mustang Club of America (MCA)

Regional MCA

I am also a member of the New England Blue Oval Club (NEBOC)

I can't say any more details, but there is no need to create a SGT Club. Please don't ask for more details or even speculate. Just be patient and join some of these clubs sooner than later.

ALL, JOIN :

Do they recognize out cars? I read on here they didnt and could find nothing on their website indicating they do. :angry:

Anyone thought of starting the Shelby GT Owners of America? :unsure: I think we are the people to do it! :D What do yall think?

Im In! Do I get a membership card and discounts on hotels? ;)

Do they recognize out cars? I read on here they didnt and could find nothing on their website indicating they do. :angry:

I am a memberof SAAC. Yes they recognize the Shelby GT. I received a packet when I joined that included a Shelby GT specific form for the registry. My understanding is that they have since handed the registry over to SAI since they have most of the information already.

There was a bit of a problem with the GT500 acceptance but I belive that has been resolved. Especially with the merger of SAAC and SVTOA.

As far as the S197 Shebly OA. I have been a member for six months and I am not impressed. They lean very heavily to the GT500s and don't seem to be making an effort for Shelby GT owners. I have yet to get the shirt they promised for the Shelby GT while all of the GT500 owners have gotten there stuff.

I am a memberof SAAC. Yes they recognize the Shelby GT.

I stand corrected. I did see read part about the SGT and "their own registry" during my second reading. Must of missed that paragraph while scrolling.

Thanks for correcting me SOCAL.

ALL, JOIN :

Regional SAAC

S197 CLUB

Mustang Club of America (MCA)

Regional MCA

I am also a member of the New England Blue Oval Club (NEBOC)

I can't say any more details, but there is no need to create a SGT Club. Please don't ask for more details or even speculate. Just be patient and join some of these clubs sooner than later.

Adam, everytime I see you guysmention SAAC it makes me think of the Jay and Silent Bob movie. Where Will farrel is on TV talking with Jon Stewart ( I think its John) about the "terrorist group. LOL Funny movie.

Let's face it - we are the proud owners of a very rare vehicle. Either black or white, there is less then 6,000 that will ever be built. Our newer blue cousins will be limited too. It only stands to reason that such an exclusive club have an exclusive club.

Absolutely count me in.

Will we get discounts on all Shelby merchandise ?

How about inside information on new product offerings ?

A new scoop ?

A bag of rivets for the old scoop ?

Ahh it might be fun, count me in if it happens.

Although Adam alluded that there might be something coming out and I assume that since he's so tight with SAI that it might be affiliated with them.

So who takes the ball and runs with this? How do we get it off the ground?

I was thinking an address list of interested SGT owners as a starting point. MM (and his sister) might have the addresses saved from the poster mailing?. That might be a good place to start. But then again, I have never put something like this together.......maybe LuLu can give us some pointers on how to get this off the ground?

I was thinking an address list of interested SGT owners as a starting point. MM (and his sister) might have the addresses saved from the poster mailing?. That might be a good place to start. But then again, I have never put something like this together.......maybe LuLu can give us some pointers on how to get this off the ground?

I dont know why we couldnt make this our club forum, with SAI's permission of course. And maybe MM or Bud, who are both very trusted and respected, could be our President and/or Treasuer. Maybe we could also get SAI to put that "chat" thing up once a month and have meeting on here say the first Monday of each month. They could make it secure so only forum members could have access to the "chat". We will have to come up with a logo and make some decals to place on our cars windshields. The whole club could be internet based, obviously we all have access. I think that would be the most cost effective way to do things.

If SAI is unwilling to allow us to use this as our forum or wont/can not establish the "chat", I know yahoo has a yahoo club section. And they have a chat we could use.

This whole "club" could be cost free if we do everything over the internet and SAI allows us to use this site. The only expense would be if anyone wants merchandice like stickers, shirts, etc.

I dont know why we couldnt make this our club forum, with SAI's permission of course. And maybe MM or Bud, who are both very trusted and respected, could be our President and/or Treasuer. Maybe we could also get SAI to put that "chat" thing up once a month and have meeting on here say the first Monday of each month. They could make it secure so only forum members could have access to the "chat". We will have to come up with a logo and make some decals to place on our cars windshields. The whole club could be internet based, obviously we all have access. I think that would be the most cost effective way to do things.

If SAI is unwilling to allow us to use this as our forum or wont/can not establish the "chat", I know yahoo has a yahoo club section. And they have a chat we could use.

This whole "club" could be cost free if we do everything over the internet and SAI allows us to use this site. The only expense would be if anyone wants merchandice like stickers, shirts, etc.

Thats a good idea............. :)

Personally, I'm clubbed out! But is an SGT club gets formed someday I might join. For now I think SAAC will be all I can handle, along w/ my local car show club, my local autocross club, etc., etc...

Patience, patience

Adam, I know I'm one of the new guys around here. But just from what I've read over the last few weeks, I don't think that too many people on this forum know what that word "patience" you use means - especially me! :unsure:

+1 This is a great idea! John, Amy, Bud, you three listening? what do you guys think. Will you let us do this? Will you Help?

Archived