TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Before and After pics

RogerS

Now that is soooooooo fresh it is sick. From the CS8 hood to the CS69 wheels that car is like no other I have ever seen, a true one -of-a-kind in the entire world. Everybody, including myself went with the norm, 20" Razors etc... your uniqueness has given this car a #1 rating by me. Ihate to say it but it blows Socals & Adams out of the water , sorry guys but it is true. This car has what is takes-

Awesome, simply awesome!

No sweat my friend, his car does look super awesome.

Roger, I can't quite tell since the pics are a little dark, but is that you sleeping under the car already? Come on, get up, there's a World Series on. At least bring the TV out to the garage. LOL

Everyone, as we all recall the first time we have seen our cars, it looks so much better than in the pictures. Roger's car looks so much better than the pics and is probably THE most thought out SGT I can thing of. I thought I thought a lot about my car. I even took another trip to SAI because I couldn't make up my mind to go with black versus silver Razors or the black grille versus the CS grille. But Roger did all the research, found things that hadn't even been invented yet and put it all together to make the car we see. And he's not even done. He has some rare steering wheel coming, embroidered interior pieces and many more really cool things. I used to jokingly call my car the SuperSnake of the SGT's but I think that title should go to Roger's car now.

Congrats my friend and I was really happy for you that Lori was there to share it all with you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that is soooooooo fresh it is sick. From the CS8 hood to the CS69 wheels that car is like no other I have ever seen, a true one -of-a-kind in the entire world. Everybody, including myself went with the norm, 20" Razors etc... your uniqueness has given this car a #1 rating by me. Ihate to say it but it blows Socals & Adams out of the water , sorry guys but it is true. This car has what is takes-

Awesome, simply awesome!

Thank you very much Swede for the compliments. Everyone has thier own ideas on what is right and looks great and good, this is just my take. Adam and Socal's car are beautiful and one of one's it is their taste and choice. I love both of them. They are unique. That is what I think makes the SGT even more special. It can take and wear anything and look teriffic!! We all have a very special car that we are all very proud of. Thanks to the SAI team for making many dreams come true. I am very greatful I live in the USA and have the opportunities that I do and can achieve a childhood dream.

No sweat my friend, his car does look super awesome.

Roger, I can't quite tell since the pics are a little dark, but is that you sleeping under the car already? Come on, get up, there's a World Series on. At least bring the TV out to the garage. LOL

Everyone, as we all recall the first time we have seen our cars, it looks so much better than in the pictures. Roger's car looks so much better than the pics and is probably THE most thought out SGT I can thing of. I thought I thought a lot about my car. I even took another trip to SAI because I couldn't make up my mind to go with black versus silver Razors or the black grille versus the CS grille. But Roger did all the research, found things that hadn't even been invented yet and put it all together to make the car we see. And he's not even done. He has some rare steering wheel coming, embroidered interior pieces and many more really cool things. I used to jokingly call my car the SuperSnake of the SGT's but I think that title should go to Roger's car now.

Congrats my friend and I was really happy for you that Lori was there to share it all with you.

Thank you my friend. Yours really has as much or more thought and it is just a show stopper. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Roger, Congrats on FINALLY getting your car!!!!!!!!! Pretty cool feeling when the semi turns the corner and knowing your car is in the big white box. Talk about an adrenaline rush. Like the pic of the three cars Adam's, Tim's and yours. That's what I like about these cars, you can make them so unique in your own way. Your wheels appear to make the car look even lower. That's one sweet looking ride. Try not to go to crazy tearing it apart yet, get some miles on your baby first. I'm sure Lori's glad the ordeal is over. LOL. Now part two to begin. So I'm assuming Peter's car was on the same truck, earlier delivery? Two Shelby GT/SC's on the same truck. That's gotta be a first.

Congrats again, enjoy, be safe,

Dave

Roger, Congrats on FINALLY getting your car!!!!!!!!! Pretty cool feeling when the semi turns the corner and knowing your car is in the big white box. Talk about an adrenaline rush. Like the pic of the three cars Adam's, Tim's and yours. That's what I like about these cars, you can make them so unique in your own way. Your wheels appear to make the car look even lower. That's one sweet looking ride. Try not to go to crazy tearing it apart yet, get some miles on your baby first. I'm sure Lori's glad the ordeal is over. LOL. Now part two to begin. So I'm assuming Peter's car was on the same truck, earlier delivery? Two Shelby GT/SC's on the same truck. That's gotta be a first.

Congrats again, enjoy, be safe,

Dave

Thanks Dave, it is really, really dirty from the desert I have some work to do. But that's the fun part. They are really unique and can be for everyone. Lori is VERY GLAD this part is over. My truck had 2 08 SGT coupes one for Tasca and the other was going to Londonderry, NH and there was a 340 Plymouth Duster on the truck also. Peter's car came in at 9AM this morning. I just received an e-from him. He is "SNAKE BITTEN" big time. Different carrier. He has a polished whipple, brake upgrade, silver razors, CS8 grille and lower grille. He is extremely happy and will be posting some pics tomorrow. It was raining this morning when he received the car but it cleared this afternoon and took his wife out for a ride to pick up their daughter at school. He is having fun. I will put the miles on it until the fist snow fall then let the mods begin.....don't tell Lori! :P

Now it's complete! Thank you all for the compliments on the garage. It's my home away from home so to speak. Those interested in the banner with their own CSM number, PM me for details.

Deliveryday003.jpg

Deliveryday001.jpg

Deliveryday004.jpg

Deliveryday002.jpg

Roger,

What can I say - Super Cool car and garage ! Can't wait to see the interior pics when it's done. After its all said and done I'm sure it was worth the wait. On behalf of all of us Shelby GT owners congradulations and thanks for all the research you have done to make all of our cars better and extra special. Rick

Roger congrads on getting her finally. I know we have talked, complained, and joked about this day for a long time. It's is funny how when you see the car and get in it for the first time and realize you are about to drive something you have dreampt about for a lifetime how all the waiting becomes a distant memory. We are all very happy for you. No one more so than Lori I bet :) Next summer cant come fast enough!

Roger, its great to see your car in your garage. It looks great! Does this mean I can post my pictures now? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Ok Wes post away. I would have thought that everyone who has a picture of this car would have posted them by now. :unsure:

No kidding-you want to do mine that way while you're at it?? ;)

Gotta tell you.............we moved into this house 2 years ago. It was built in 63 and though the house had a great deal of charm it did need work. As my wife went crazy inside I had the outside, landscape and garage. Funny thing is when we went looking at houses it was the same story, she would look and the inside, I would be outside and in the garage. It was not my first choice of a house and here you can see why. Another before and after pic: I must be crazy............

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

Deliveryday003.jpg

Deliveryday001.jpg

Deliveryday002.jpg

Thanks Grabber, it IS the garage :lol::lol:

Your garage is GREAT !!! just a question about the GT 350 poster, i have the same poster and Shelby signed it last month. I think these posters were made in 1966 but not sure since i bought mine in 1989 used.Can you shed any light on this ?

Thanks mach 1 1970

Your garage is GREAT !!! just a question about the GT 350 poster, i have the same poster and Shelby signed it last month. I think these posters were made in 1966 but not sure since i bought mine in 1989 used.Can you shed any light on this ?

Thanks mach 1 1970

I purchased that poster through a Carroll Shelby auction. It was signed when I purchased it about 10 years ago. I understand it is a limited edition water color of 500 made back in late 65. When I purchased the poster with the signature and framing it cost less than Carroll's signature today.

Congrats Roger! I can't wait to see it in person. I do have the same rims coming for my car, at least now I know how nice they'll look.

Thanks Mike. They look better in person. I think they will look great on your car. :)

I am a Carpenter by Trade. I know what it takes to do that kind of work. Again....nice job! I am a member of Carpenters Local #247.

Not a carpenter by any means, but with the help of my brother and a friend we got it done. Thanks for the compliment. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.

looks like every thing turned out GREAT. i havent talked to you in a week. tell me how the car runs. John said it was one of the fastest he had been in. let us know.

michael morris

I left messages for you buddy. I think you forgot my number! :P

I have not drove the car much been a little under the weather since I retured from the "Great Adventure". I did get to dive it Sunday and just seat of the pants feel IS MIGHTY QUICK. I have to compare it to my 04 Cobra. That car had 505 RWHP and just shy of 500 FTLBTQ. I did have some nice weather Sunday and took it out on one of my favorite twisty roads. This car just feels quicker. It also weighs 600-700 lbs. less than the 04 also. It is a much better, neutral, handeling car by far. Quick response from the steering and does get a little upset in hard cornering on uneven surfaces. Let's just say it was a spirited drive through the countryside. :D I will need to upgrade the rear suspension for hard on track or autocross events. Just have not decided on a final fix. With the Whipple it is immeidate boost. No lag just hit the loud pedal and go. The FR suspension pak is great but it does need lower and an upper adjustable control arms along with a watts link rear to maximize it's handeling potential. Overall I am not sorry one bit for any of the mods done at SAI. BUD YOU DONE GOOD BROTHER! Thanks again for everything. Michael, I'll give you a call this week.

Very, very nice. Hope you get some good driving in before it gets too cold. Oh well, what's another 6 months until spring when you've already waited...

Seriously, though, what do you charge to clean out / set up garages???

Getting really cold already. Frost last night and again for tonight. But the temp during the day was high 60's great day for a quick spin. Man I love this car!

No charge just a consultation fee :lol::lol::lol:

I purchased that poster through a Carroll Shelby auction. It was signed when I purchased it about 10 years ago. I understand it is a limited edition water color of 500 made back in late 65. When I purchased the poster with the signature and framing it cost less than Carroll's signature today.

Thanks Mike. They look better in person. I think they will look great on your car. :)

Not a carpenter by any means, but with the help of my brother and a friend we got it done. Thanks for the compliment. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Thanks for the info on the poster, i kind of thought it was special. Your SHELBY really is something special also.

Rog, do you think the deletion of the strut tower brace is making a big impact on handling?

Don't really know Michael. I only drove my SGT at SAI for a short while and never really tested it. I did not, however, feel any twisting on notice any significant difference. Until I figure out what I am going to do about the tower brace I really will not have any idea. I would have liked to keep the original but that is not in the cards.

Don't really know Michael. I only drove my SGT at SAI for a short while and never really tested it. I did not, however, feel any twisting on notice any significant difference. Until I figure out what I am going to do about the tower brace I really will not have any idea. I would have liked to keep the original but that is not in the cards.

I wish it wasnt so late in the season, I would take a ride up for you to do some side by side comparisons.

This way you would have a leg up on making the mods you want over the Winter.

Maybe Mr. Harley can help here, he still has the brace right?

( I think I just volunteered you Tim, oops! :blink: )

I was thinking Adam's is gone like yours.

Archived