TEAM SHELBY FORUM

our shelby at home today

venom_07

Hi Kathy

here are the additional photos that you wanted posted. Hopefully some day I will be posting them for a shelby that I just picked up

take care

John

post-2962-1154057831_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1154057841_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1154057849_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1154057857_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1154057865_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much for posting those pictures for me, for some reason I couldnt get them to load.

Ill be watching for the post of yours. kathy

Kathy :

NICE -- car hope you are enjoying it.

On your last post you mentioned that Ford was lying about the horse power could you explain?

Thanks Shelby 001

Once you have driven the car you will understand what I mean. At normal driving speed one feels there is so much more, she almost screams to go fast. My statement meant nothing technical, only the feeling of the horsepower, sorry if I messed up on what I said.

My son is adding this statement as we sit here talking, theres alot more to her than what ford says and you just have to get in the drivers seat and be willing to go that fast to experience the horsepower.

Right now, we are to chicken.

Kathy

:runaway: Beautiful Color combo. The contrsast is awesome and in my opinion the best. I have been waiting 3 weeks to pick up my GT 500 in North Carolina. It is also Ebony with white stripes. The dealer says that it is 20 miles away at the distribution center and has been there for 2 weeks. I don't know why they won't release it. I can't take it any longer!

Guest evilchris

Ford is not lying about the horsepower. FordGeek, after his initial low dyno number of 414RWHP, is a little higher than that now which translates perfectly to about 500 crank.

Once you have driven the car you will understand what I mean. At normal driving speed one feels there is so much more, she almost screams to go fast. My statement meant nothing technical, only the feeling of the horsepower, sorry if I messed up on what I said.

My son is adding this statement as we sit here talking, theres alot more to her than what ford says and you just have to get in the drivers seat and be willing to go that fast to experience the horsepower.

Kathy

Just wasn`t sure what you mean`t . GOOD LUCK & Don`t be afraid to put your foot down IT`S A SHELBY.

Kathy,

Great family, awesome car. Thanks to you and Aaron for the hospitality and for letting me be one of the select few to ride in one.

Aaron, good luck getting those break-in miles behind you, I know you'll enjoy it.

Take Care

Your very welcome Marc, Hope u enjoyed Venom 7!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get that on the Liscence Plates!!!!!!!!! Hope u get yours soon!!!!!!!!!!!!! Later, Aaron

Years ago I was able to drive in Nevada when they had almost no speed limits. I once actually passed a state patrol cruiser at 95 mph. That was as fast as my car would go. He was doing 90.

Was your car a Pinto? I had a Vega that would go 110...oh wait...that was going down a mountain. :hysterical:

Marc,

We live in southern illinois and i would be happy to show you the shelby. I have family in owensboro and madisonville ky.

Very nice car Kathy. I live in Southern Indiana....so not too far from you. I grew up in Cincinnati, fairly close to your relatives. Enjoy the car!

Dave

Kathy

Kathy....

Wanna hear something funny? I was originally #2 at your dealer! Later, I found out he was wanting more over MSRP than another one that I found, so I called and took my name off....and am getting mine down the road in Princeton. In the end, the price was the same....oh ,well. I, too, made about 50 phone calls to find the deal and dealer I was looking for. I'm in Chicago and they were all spoken for a LOOOOONG time ago. My son and grandkids live in Carbondale and I grew up in Benton, so I'll bet I'll know about where you are!

My car was ordered the first day on 3/13. It was built on 6/27 and fell into the stripe abyss during the 2 week hiatus over the 4th. It is striped, released and supposedly shipped this weekend. It's coming by truck rather than rail so it should be there by next weekend. I'll be flying into Nashville...renting a one-way...and driving up. I'll be coming over and up I-57. PM me if you want to say hello why I'm on my way. I will be in the "Arrest Me" red coupe with white stripes.

Congrats on the car. And if we don't hook up, I'll honk and wave.

:shift:

bj

BJ that's pretty ironic that u were r on the list @ paducah Ford & u changed your mind & decided 2 look 4 a deal. i hope u realize by doing that u probably allowed my mom & i to fullfill one of my life long dreams & i totally appreciate it, cause the whole proccess of getting the car has been awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks from the bottom of both of ourh hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later,

Aaron

Kathy....

Wanna hear something funny? I was originally #2 at your dealer! Later, I found out he was wanting more over MSRP than another one that I found, so I called and took my name off....and am getting mine down the road in Princeton. In the end, the price was the same....oh ,well. I, too, made about 50 phone calls to find the deal and dealer I was looking for. I'm in Chicago and they were all spoken for a LOOOOONG time ago. My son and grandkids live in Carbondale and I grew up in Benton, so I'll bet I'll know about where you are!

My car was ordered the first day on 3/13. It was built on 6/27 and fell into the stripe abyss during the 2 week hiatus over the 4th. It is striped, released and supposedly shipped this weekend. It's coming by truck rather than rail so it should be there by next weekend. I'll be flying into Nashville...renting a one-way...and driving up. I'll be coming over and up I-57. PM me if you want to say hello why I'm on my way. I will be in the "Arrest Me" red coupe with white stripes.

Congrats on the car. And if we don't hook up, I'll honk and wave.

:shift:

bj

bj,

LOL, Id love for 2 of Carol Shelby's babies to meet each other, Im headed for Galatia this weekend to trade a ride in the shelby for a ride on my nephew's harley, that is if we can get his 3 year old to look the other way. I love what you said about the Arrest Me Zone, because you'll have to watch out for District 19 down south, but hopefully they're in for coffee and Krispie Cremes. I dont know how to pm you so youll have to let aaron know how, he's better on the computer. I hope in the future someone organizes a meeting of all the first year shelby's so we could all meet each other.

anyway good luck with your new shelby and hope you and your family well.

Kathy

Beautiful Color combo. The contrsast is awesome and in my opinion the best. I have been waiting 3 weeks to pick up my GT 500 in North Carolina. It is also Ebony with white stripes. The dealer says that it is 20 miles away at the distribution center and has been there for 2 weeks. I don't know why they won't release it. I can't take it any longer!

I agree with the color combination as I too have an Ebony with Performance White stripes on order. I guess you are near Winston-Salem. I'm in Greenville, NC.

JB

• 1 year later...

Archived