TEAM SHELBY FORUM

our shelby at home today

venom_07

well after 2 years our ebony black with white stripes was brought home via our ford fx f350 and the car hauler. some have stated a pecking order of vin#'s, that does not apply here because we have only 1 zero and all #'s as the last four digits. with that said the car is beyond awesome, when you start it up it revs up with no acceleration from the gas pedal. you sit sooooooo low so to me if you cant see past the hood one can only feel how to drive maybe like the nascar drivers and my daughters booster seat might help me more than her. the engine fills all space available under the hood and has so much to look at.

our dealer was great, was honest thru out, even when he had 4 guys already at the dealership offering way over msrp, he still sold to a 48 year old woman and my son the wheelchair guy.

we are not the typical muscle car kind, but will quickly learn to be total gearheads, and sammy hagar is right, in that car i will never be able to drive 55 ever again. my next hurdle will be explaining to the judge why i couldnt resist that high speed ticket.

pictures will follow as soon as i figure that part out

welcome, looking forward to how well you enjoy your shelby. I think the trick to not getting speeding tickets is to eliminate the upper speed limit (155) and take advantage of its full capabilities. I think most traffic officers have more fear than shelby owners (or was that common sense :hysterical: )

Let us know if you need some advice on photo posting. It really is not too hard.

John

welcome, looking forward to how well you enjoy your shelby. I think the trick to not getting speeding tickets is to eliminate the upper speed limit (155) and take advantage of its full capabilities. I think most traffic officers have more fear than shelby owners (or was that common sense :hysterical: )

Let us know if you need some advice on photo posting. It really is not too hard.

John

yes i do need help posting the pictures and if you could walk me thru it , that would be great and thanks

kathy

Using the "add reply" function, go to the bottom, below the white portion where you type in text, to an area marked File Attachments, that has an empty white box next to it. Hit Browse, and direct the file find function to the area on your PC where the photos are located and highlight one of the photo file names. Now hit the open button. After you do this you will be returned to the add reply function, and the photo file name is in the previously empty box. Click in the Add this attachment box to the right of the file name and the photo file will actually be uploaded to this web site. Depending on the speed of your connection, this may take a minute or two, or more for a large file and a slow connection. Now underneath the file attachment box, there should be your photo file name listed, with a box that you click to add it into your post. You need to hit this, so that a small version of your photo actually appears along with the text. Give it a try, trust me, you will not break anything. You repeat this same process for multiple photos. The post that you see prior to submitting it will not actually show the small photo, but will show a small reference name. Take care, and good luck

John

Using the "add reply" function, go to the bottom, below the white portion where you type in text, to an area marked File Attachments, that has an empty white box next to it. Hit Browse, and direct the file find function to the area on your PC where the photos are located and highlight one of the photo file names. After you do this you will be returned to the add reply function, and the photo file name is in the previously empty box. Click in the Add this attachment box to the right of the file name and the photo file will actually be uploaded to this web site. Depending on the speed of your connection, this may take a minute or two, or more for a large file and a slow connection. Now underneath the file attachment box, there should be your photo file name listed, with a box that you click to add it into your post. You need to hit this, so that a small version of your photo actually appears along with the text. Give it a try, trust me, you will not break anything. You repeat this same process for multiple photos.

John

well after 2 years our ebony black with white stripes was brought home via our ford fx f350 and the car hauler. some have stated a pecking order of vin#'s, that does not apply here because we have only 1 zero and all #'s as the last four digits. with that said the car is beyond awesome, when you start it up it revs up with no acceleration from the gas pedal. you sit sooooooo low so to me if you cant see past the hood one can only feel how to drive maybe like the nascar drivers and my daughters booster seat might help me more than her. the engine fills all space available under the hood and has so much to look at.

our dealer was great, was honest thru out, even when he had 4 guys already at the dealership offering way over msrp, he still sold to a 48 year old woman and my son the wheelchair guy.

we are not the typical muscle car kind, but will quickly learn to be total gearheads, and sammy hagar is right, in that car i will never be able to drive 55 ever again. my next hurdle will be explaining to the judge why i couldnt resist that high speed ticket.

pictures will follow as soon as i figure that part out

Congrats. - For sure pictures -- ENJOY

:cry:

Head to Montana where the speed limits are gone on the highways :shift: ...at least they were when I was last there. Cool that you got the car & had people wanting to pay more while you were their, bet you know more than they do about the car. Be safe & buckle up :shift:

:cry: Sorry, they changed the law in Montana several years ago because of the Bad Press the state was getting, so if you take it to Montana, decide if its worth it (the ticket of course)

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: My car got here today and I"m drivin it..... What an awesome car... pics to follow later gotta go drive some more changed the mufflers first thing I put JBA stainless mufflers on it sounds very nice :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

:cry: Sorry, they changed the law in Montana several years ago because of the Bad Press the state was getting, so if you take it to Montana, decide if its worth it (the ticket of course)

That sucks! Last of the fun places to take a car like this and do it legally (without going to the track).

Head to Montana where the speed limits are gone on the highways :shift: ...at least they were when I was last there. Cool that you got the car & had people wanting to pay more while you were their, bet you know more than they do about the car. Be safe & buckle up :shift:

Years ago I was able to drive in Nevada when they had almost no speed limits. I once actually passed a state patrol cruiser at 95 mph. That was as fast as my car would go. He was doing 90.

:cry:

Ya! but my wife said it's a $5-10 ticket for emissions :hysterical:

and you pay it on the spot if you want!!!!!

post-4727-1154011851_thumb.jpghopefully the pictures go thru

Kathy,

I notice that yours was purchased in paducah. Do you live in or around paducah? I would really like to get a chance to look at one in person. I have an ebony with silver stripes on order, but am unsure how long my wait may be. I am located in Morganfield, KY about an hour from Paducah.

Thanks,

Marc

Kathy,

I notice that yours was purchased in paducah. Do you live in or around paducah? I would really like to get a chance to look at one in person. I have an ebony with silver stripes on order, but am unsure how long my wait may be. I am located in Morganfield, KY about an hour from Paducah.

Thanks,

Marc

Marc,

We live in southern illinois and i would be happy to show you the shelby. I have family in owensboro and madisonville ky.

When svt first gave notice of the concept, they had on their sight a listing of all dealers svt cobra certified, we started in illinois from springfield south, from indianapolis south to evanville, and st louis mo and over, what we encountered were long lists and dealers who had no idea what we were talking about, at evansville uptown d-patrick we were promised a for sure, went over to talk to salesperson who proceeded to tell me no go, being furious happened across paducah and one of their top salesperson said we could be #2 and dealer was #1. After a few months, he called said dealer was giving us chance at #1 if we would send deposit on shelby. instantly shot out a check and became #1 and remained patient thru out all negatives of time, svt seeming to dismantle and remove alot of info from their sight, and extreme lack of info from ford. then on april 27 salesman called for order info of which we picked ebony black w/white stripes, performance interior and decided against sirrus, shaker 1000. around 1 week of may he calls with vin#, and car has been made and released, from the 1st week of may to july 26, we waited patiently still for the shipment.

Nothing compares with seeing it in person. internet pictures do not do the car justice. every piece of the car is pristine. and the quality for the price is undeniable. sure there are the vipers, and vetts, but the shelby is a world above those cars and i would also like to say after driving it, that ford is lying about the horsepower.

a few other things i would like others who post here to know:

1. Only dealers who are reputable and they had to be in that original svt program, will be able to get these cars because of the added certification process ford requires- at least 2-3 people from the prospective dealers must pass the process, the tools to work on the car has to be purchased, and the mechanic attends some type of schooling for certification.

2. Some on here have stated a vin# order going from zeros to 100 etc. Our dealer said vin#'s are not assigned that way. They are assigned according to the order date and the date of production. I believe this to be true due to the way our vin# reads.

3. In the booklet that comes with the shelby gt 500, there are words used like exclusitivity, low production, etc. if the projected #'s are in 7,000 per year, why use those words. another thing the book says is since 1993 150,000 total svt cars have been made, which includes focus, cobra r, lightning, and the shelby.

Marc,

We live in southern illinois and i would be happy to show you the shelby. I have family in owensboro and madisonville ky.

When svt first gave notice of the concept, they had on their sight a listing of all dealers svt cobra certified, we started in illinois from springfield south, from indianapolis south to evanville, and st louis mo and over, what we encountered were long lists and dealers who had no idea what we were talking about, at evansville uptown d-patrick we were promised a for sure, went over to talk to salesperson who proceeded to tell me no go, being furious happened across paducah and one of their top salesperson said we could be #2 and dealer was #1. After a few months, he called said dealer was giving us chance at #1 if we would send deposit on shelby. instantly shot out a check and became #1 and remained patient thru out all negatives of time, svt seeming to dismantle and remove alot of info from their sight, and extreme lack of info from ford. then on april 27 salesman called for order info of which we picked ebony black w/white stripes, performance interior and decided against sirrus, shaker 1000. around 1 week of may he calls with vin#, and car has been made and released, from the 1st week of may to july 26, we waited patiently still for the shipment.

Nothing compares with seeing it in person. internet pictures do not do the car justice. every piece of the car is pristine. and the quality for the price is undeniable. sure there are the vipers, and vetts, but the shelby is a world above those cars and i would also like to say after driving it, that ford is lying about the horsepower.

a few other things i would like others who post here to know:

1. Only dealers who are reputable and they had to be in that original svt program, will be able to get these cars because of the added certification process ford requires- at least 2-3 people from the prospective dealers must pass the process, the tools to work on the car has to be purchased, and the mechanic attends some type of schooling for certification.

2. Some on here have stated a vin# order going from zeros to 100 etc. Our dealer said vin#'s are not assigned that way. They are assigned according to the order date and the date of production. I believe this to be true due to the way our vin# reads.

3. In the booklet that comes with the shelby gt 500, there are words used like exclusitivity, low production, etc. if the projected #'s are in 7,000 per year, why use those words. another thing the book says is since 1993 150,000 total svt cars have been made, which includes focus, cobra r, lightning, and the shelby.

Thanks for the thorough information. I have a fairly close friend and business associate with whom we have done a lot of business over the past couple of years that owns a Ford dealership in Sturgis, KY. I talked to him when word first came out about the vehicle and indicated that if he were ever able to get one, I wanted it. He was advised regarding his allocation on June 6 and he kept his word and let me have his one allocation. At this point I don't have a VIN and was only told by Ford customer service that it is currently on material hold. I have the vehicle order confirmation and order number. I don't know how long the material hold will last, but am hoping for the best.

I would certainly be interested in seeing the car in person and would be willing to drive to southern Illinois to do so. I've been a rabid Mustang fan since I was old enough to talk. My father and I have restored close to a dozen, and I still currently have a 65 289 fastback and a 67 convertible. Getting our hands on a genuine Shelby will fulfill a dream that both of us have had for some time.

I hope you get some good weather to enjoy breaking her in this weekend.

-Marc

Archived