TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SIRIUS SATELITE

hertzworld

Cars that were in service in Hawaii will not have a Sirius controller. If your car was deployed in the rental fleet there, then it's actually (Hertz) correct that it doesn't have one.

I rented a GT-H convertible (07H108) for a few days in Honolulu this fall and confirmed with the Hertz Island Operations Manager for Oahu (David B. Scott) that none of the cars in the "fun collection" there have satellite radio as the receivers and antennae were designed to work in the contiguous 48 United States.

FYI... Matt

Just to add to the confusion, Dan said he installed sats in cars #174-260. Well, mine is #181, was in service in Hawaii and it does NOT have a sat set up. I will contact Sirius to see what they know about my car and let you all know.

Neil

Just to add to the confusion, Dan said he installed sats in cars #174-260. Well, mine is #181, was in service in Hawaii and it does NOT have a sat set up. I will contact Sirius to see what they know about my car and let you all know.

Neil

Neil,

See post above from Matt. He indicates that Hawaii cars did not have the sat radio installed per the islands manager. In my conversaion with David this didn't come up, but given that few cars went to the islands I'm not surprised our talk didn't cover this ground. Your car appears to confirm Matt's story.

Neil,

See post above from Matt. He indicates that Hawaii cars did not have the sat radio installed per the islands manager. In my conversaion with David this didn't come up, but given that few cars went to the islands I'm not surprised our talk didn't cover this ground. Your car appears to confirm Matt's story.

And here is more confirmation, I got an e-mail from Dave confirming that Hawaii cars did not have sat radios.

• 1 year later...
Hello, I am one of the Hertz installers that installed the sat radio in the gt-h's.... (#'s 174-260). The sat radio you have is a model exclusive to Hertz Fun Collection. Chances are they just took the display unless they took out the center stack and removed all the wiring. The display is relatively cheap, easy to install, but hard to find outside of the Hertz realm. All of the radios in the GT-H's are considered Audiovox GEN2 units. This is very important when you are looking for a new display because a GEN1 display will not work in a GEN2 and vice versa even though they look the same. Now for actually finding one. The easiest thing to do would contact the service manager for the Los Angeles Hertz Airport location on Aviation BLVD and plead your case...... they tend to listen to GT-H owners. If you cannot get ahold of anyone there, contact David Groferrer pernounced "Juhfearer" at Sirius (should be DGroferrer@sirius.com) . He handles all the Hertz related Sirius issues and parts. There is a LARGE surplus of the gen2's sitting in warehouses and if i still worked at Hertz i could get you one no problem. any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

• 1 year later...

Hello guys i have # 06H251 hertz shelby and would like to get the sirius system all together again problem is someone cut the controller off and took the reciever out and also cut the antenna off so what i have left is the reciever but no antenna or controller i was wondering what the audiovox sirius model is and what controller and antenna will work for a replacememt are they the same as srsir-001fm or do i have to find something different that will work on my reciever and one more question since some one cut the wire for the antenna it might still be mounted in the car where did the sirius or hurtz guys place the antenna at .... :headscratch:

• 9 months later...

Does anyone know if David is still with Sirius? I just tried to Email him at above address and it bounced back to me? My husband just bought me a 2007 GTH and I would like to have the Sirius in it

Does anyone know if David is still with Sirius? I just tried to Email him at above address and it bounced back to me? My husband just bought me a 2007 GTH and I would like to have the Sirius in it

The stereo in the 2007 vert is already Sirius capable from the factory. They did not have the additional unit needed which the 2006 did. You should be able to just activate the stereo through Sirius.

I email David today and he is still with Sirius.

I have the exact setup brand new in the original box - everything. The plastic wrap around the components have never been opened. AND there is a GTH installation manual in the box. I plan to sell it, but I need to figure out a price first. I will get back once I figure a price. Casey

casey.hill@sbcglobal.net

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, I have 2006 GTH #70 that is missing the Sirius system. I'd like to return it back to as original as possible. I wasn't able to email Mr. Groferrer at Sirius. Is there anyone else I can contact?

Thanks!

Archived