TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hope clink and others are ok.....

DreamRide

Hope Clink and all are ok in the san diego area, He lives down around that area............. :unsure:

Praying for you clinkster.................

+1 to all of our Shelby brother's and sister's hope you all fare well. Be safe.

Hope Clink and all are ok in the san diego area, He lives down around that area............. :unsure:

Praying for you clinkster.................

Hi Ed,

Clink lives a few miles from me. My family was evaculated before dawn yesterday (10-22-07) and I think Clink was evacuated soon after that. He lives in a section of town called Poway and I live in a section called Rancho Bernardo. Both places have been hit pretty hard. I have been trying to get in touch with him but nothing yet. I do not know about Clink but I had to leave my SGT behind when we evacuated. Not a tough choice given what was on the line. We will not be allowed back in until about 2:00 p.m. tomorrow (10-24-07) at the earliest. Thank you for your concern. It is much appreciated. Him

Hi Ed,

Clink lives a few miles from me. My family was evaculated before dawn yesterday (10-22-07) and I think Clink was evacuated soon after that. He lives in a section of town called Poway and I live in a section called Rancho Bernardo. Both places have been hit pretty hard. I have been trying to get in touch with him but nothing yet. I do not know about Clink but I had to leave my SGT behind when we evacuated. Not a tough choice given what was on the line. We will not be allowed back in until about 2:00 p.m. tomorrow (10-24-07) at the earliest. Thank you for your concern. It is much appreciated. Him

We don't have much but, anything i can do to help you and Clink out, Let us know.......................

Yeah, I was thinking about the Southern California Shelby folks who are members of the forum when watching the news. I suspect the fate of the SGT is not very high on their priority list. Hope all are safe.

Hi Ed,

I'm about an hour north of you guys. Anything I can do to help, let me know.

Hi Ed,

Good luck and stay safe. Wish we could send you some rain from the rainy northeast!!

I just heard 500,000 people evacuated, 1800 homes gone.

Speak up when you can our CA brothers and let us know you're ok!

I am ok, albeit, holed-up at a hotel next to the beach. I am from N. CA. and on vacation in San Diego :(

I think some of you may know, that my trip started from N. CA. to Las Vegas to see my daughter pledge the Hippocratic Oath in her white coat ceremony at a medical univ.

We were at SAI on Monday, then almost as soon as we arrived in San Diego, all hell broke loose. Now, we are stuck here b/c all the interstates are closed due to the fires. I-5 just closed.

So, the good news is that we are safe!

I will post pictures when I return.

Friends,

It looks like the fire crews are starting to get the upper hand on the fires in close to town. There are still fires burning on the outskirts. Hundreds of thousands of residents are still displaced from their homes waiting for the OK to go back to their neighborhoods. We live close to Qualcomm Stadium and were not evacuated this time (we were 4 years ago). My brothers family was evacuated from their neighborhood in the northern San Diego suburb of Escondido. They believe the home is undamaged but it was right in the thick of the fire yesterday. I think that a large percentage of people have someone staying with them as we do.

Clink lives in Poway. Some homes were lost there, we hope that his was not one of them. Part of that town has been allowed to return home but the north eastern part still remains on evacuated status.

Thanks for all of the sentiments expressed on this forum!

Hi All,

Thanks for the very nice concern of your fellow SGT brother. I just havent thought much about getting on the internet. Woke up at 3AM Monday to 60 to 70 mph winds. It threw and tore up our patio furniture pretty good before it threw half of it into the pool.

My mother in law lives in Rancho Bernardo by Jim and she was told to evacuate. My son and I went and picked her up and brought her to our home. Then we were told to evacuate.

Our home was spared :) , I decided to get all of my vehicles out of here early on. Family stayed safe at relatives but I stayed behind to help out here in the neighborhood. We had a huge fire here 4 years ago that came within 3/4 mi from our home, that fire burned the whole mountain off behind us. Not much could burn there this time but it did burn in spots that had grown back. The last fire we had 1" to 2" brickets flying vertical through the air and bouncing off our tile roof. Nothing like that this time.

Tuesday at 5:30 PM it looked like they lost control of the fire about 1/2 mi north east of us and of course the wind was blowing 40 to 50 mph straight towaqrds us. The fire dept made a stand and saved a lot of our homes. We owe a great bit of debt of gratitude to these amazing individuals.

We have so many friends that lost there homes over the last few days, at least a dozen. It breaks your heart, I know it's only material and as long as your family is safe that is what really matters but it is going to be so hard for these folks in the coming months.

Take CAre,

CLINK :(

Hi All,

Thanks for the very nice concern of your fellow SGT brother. I just havent thought much about getting on the internet. Woke up at 3AM Monday to 60 to 70 mph winds. It threw and tore up our patio furniture pretty good before it threw half of it into the pool.

My mother in law lives in Rancho Bernardo by Jim and she was told to evacuate. My son and I went and picked her up and brought her to our home. Then we were told to evacuate.

Our home was spared :) , I decided to get all of my vehicles out of here early on. Family stayed safe at relatives but I stayed behind to help out here in the neighborhood. We had a huge fire here 4 years ago that came within 3/4 mi from our home, that fire burned the whole mountain off behind us. Not much could burn there this time but it did burn in spots that had grown back. The last fire we had 1" to 2" brickets flying vertical through the air and bouncing off our tile roof. Nothing like that this time.

Tuesday at 5:30 PM it looked like they lost control of the fire about 1/2 mi north east of us and of course the wind was blowing 40 to 50 mph straight towaqrds us. The fire dept made a stand and saved a lot of our homes. We owe a great bit of debt of gratitude to these amazing individuals.

We have so many friends that lost there homes over the last few days, at least a dozen. It breaks your heart, I know it's only material and as long as your family is safe that is what really matters but it is going to be so hard for these folks in the coming months.

Take CAre,

CLINK :(

Glad you guy's are ok. :)

Greetings All,

They have let us back in Rancho Bernardo. I join Clink in reporting that all is well. The house is undamaged and so is the SGT in the garage. :D Thank you all for all the kind thoughts and prayers. First time in my life I have been in this position and what all of you had to say in your posts and PMs was appreciated on a very real level. Awfully nice to know that a group of people whom I have yet to meet in person are pulling for me. Again, thank you. Jim

Archived