TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Razor Wheels On A White GT

mffarrell

What do you guys think would be the best color for a set of 20" Razors on a white Shelby? I was thinking the gun metal, contrasting against the silver stripes?

I was just at SAI yesterday, and I got to see a set of 20" razors on a GT...man those are nice! I was going to stay with the stock set of wheels, but after seeing the razors, I am sold! I just need to figure out which color would look best.

Also, I will post photos of my SAI visit when I return from vacation. Right now, we are stuck in the fires in San Diego.

What do you guys think would be the best color for a set of 20" Razors on a white Shelby? I was thinking the gun metal, contrasting against the silver stripes?

I was just at SAI yesterday, and I got to see a set of 20" razors on a GT...man those are nice! I was going to stay with the stock set of wheels, but after seeing the razors, I am sold! I just need to figure out which color would look best.

Also, I will post photos of my SAI visit when I return from vacation. Right now, we are stuck in the fires in San Diego.

On a white car I'm leaning toward chrome although ilmor put black wheels on his white car and it looked pretty dang good as well.

It will all boil down to personal preference, but,

i don't think you can go wrong eithier way you go........ :)

Agree with Stump, chrome would look best though the gunmetal would hide the brake dust better and not look at dirty.

But then again, I havent seen the Chrome on White. Anyone have pictures?

I am partial to the BLING of chrome and everybody who sees them drools over the car as the wheels just set this Shelby apart from ALL the other Shelby's. It is safe to go with the Gun Metal or Silver but it took big kahuna's to go with 20" Chrome Razors, I am glad I did!

It is to each their own on the appearance of their car. I just happen to be partial- B)

Get home safe.

I will post up a pic of the gunmetal. That is what I personally think looks the best on a White GT for the exact same reason you stated. Go gunmetal and never look back :)

47b7db37b3127cce985482fd59a60000002.jpg

47b7db37b3127cce985482fb59a00000002.jpg

now you need red Brembos peakin through them spokes B) B) B) B)

edit: how does it ride with those really low profile tires compaired to stock wheels?

i hate to get some and end up riding too rough.

I am partial to the BLING of chrome and everybody who sees them drools over the car as the wheels just set this Shelby apart from ALL the other Shelby's. It is safe to go with the Gun Metal or Silver but it took big kahuna's to go with 20" Chrome Razors, I am glad I did!

It is to each their own on the appearance of their car. I just happen to be partial- B)

Swede,

Could you please post a picture of your Gt with the chrome razors?

Many thanks!

Mike

Swede,

Could you please post a picture of your Gt with the chrome razors?

Many thanks!

Mike

Mike- Now looking for the thread that has picture of my car. Dave & Sheri posted it for me as I still do not know how to post pictures! Wish I did. I'll PM you when I find it or just post it here.

It will all boil down to personal preference, but,

i don't think you can go wrong eithier way you go........ :)

Agree with Ed here-chose what you think looks best, but I agree with you and Roger, my personal preferrence would be the gunmetal.

Mike- Now looking for the thread that has picture of my car. Dave & Sheri posted it for me as I still do not know how to post pictures! Wish I did. I'll PM you when I find it or just post it here.

Swede, Here's the pic of your car. Lucky for you we saved it on the computer. There is also more pics of our car in my signature, photobucket link. Personally, I think chrome would look great on a white car, flashy, yes.....too flashy, no!

post-5172-1147554280_thumb.jpg

Dave

Swede, Here's the pic of your car. Lucky for you we saved it on the computer. There is also more pics of our car in my signature, photobucket link. Personally, I think chrome would look great on a white car, flashy, yes.....too flashy, no!

Dave

WOW! What a beautiful car that is! Oh it's mine! :D

Dave

NICE HOUSE....i want a house with a garage. my poor car sits outside :(

af AF AAAAAFFFFFFF :lol: !!!! I have to love the humor though! Now how about you and those 20" Razors, any changes now that you see the 'light" of the 20's?

The odds of me getting 20"s is probably greater than you getting 18"s. Either way it's going to be a while before I get new wheels and tires. Gotta save up.

Archived