TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Anniversary Package (GT500)

u0085694

40th Anniversary Package (GT500)?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the 40th Anniversay Mod will help resale value?

• YES
    • NO

I am thinkin' about getting the anniversary package. Do you guys think it will help the value or hurt it?

Your getting a CSM# in several locations, I think it could only help the value. Besides, just look at them!!!!

Fasbk Doc CSM#07XL0200

I voted Yes, but I think it will be many many years before you re-coupe your money. These cars are play toys for big kids, not investments IMO.

i agree Grabber, yes it can only add value. but it will be many many years before you see it. unless of course it has a Wayne Morris Ford sticker on the back, then its a instant classic :lol:

michael morris

I voted Yes, but I think it will be many many years before you re-coupe your money. These cars are play toys for big kids, not investments IMO.

I agree with you as well. It will be many years before there is a big value. I'm only 33yrs old, but I hope that if I do hold on to mine that it will someday be an investment. At least this is what I have convinced my wife........think that's the only reason she let me have one..........uh, I also led her to believe that I was doing all of this for her. She's got it good doesn't she? B)

I agree with you as well. It will be many years before there is a big value. I'm only 33yrs old, but I hope that if I do hold on to mine that it will someday be an investment. At least this is what I have convinced my wife........think that's the only reason she let me have one..........uh, I also led her to believe that I was doing all of this for her. She's got it good doesn't she? B)

im the same way, im 37 and have told my wife that its a GREAT investment. i just didnt tell her what year that she could expect a return on the money, but im not doing a 40th im doing a SS. i dont think theres alot of diffenence in the value of the cars in the next few years except the initial payment up front for the package.

michael morris

PS if yall see my wife dont tell her what i said. :lol:

Who knows how long the model run will go? It is going well into the next body style change. Personally, I like the fact that they will keep making the GT500 for many years, but many are upset about that because it will effect there investment.

IMO Stocks & a 401K are an investment. Cars are money losers, but very fun. You only live once. If you leave the car to your kid....then in 40 years he will get your money back out of the car. B)

Now for a little joke.lol.gif

th_506fb130.jpg

I think a more important question for folks contemplating these mods is, how much will a GT500 with 40th package depreciate in the short term in the event that you have to bail out for financial reasons (things change), rather than how much will it appreciate in the long term? With the GT500, at least for the first year or so, most are coming out fairly whole unless they paid a rediculous ADM. In reviewing the posts, it looks like plus or minus 10-15% of what they paid.

I'd also speculate that the vast majority of us will have $65,000 to $75,000 as a basis after the 40th and $80,000 to $90,000 after the SS. For those that have to bail, especially if they have a short time frame, I think there will be a fairly large amount of blood on the ground. I'd also guess that when they close down the 40th package that there will be a leveling off of the depreciation for quite a while and then a gradual rise to some other level. There will eventually be many many more SS than 40th so, IMO, the problem for those folks will be compounded by some factor. Three year run 3,000 units available. One year run, 1,000 units available.

Moot point unless the item is sold, but something to think about.

I think a more important question for folks contemplating these mods is, how much will a GT500 with 40th package depreciate in the short term in the event that you have to bail out for financial reasons (things change), rather than how much will it appreciate in the long term? With the GT500, at least for the first year or so, most are coming out fairly whole unless they paid a rediculous ADM. In reviewing the posts, it looks like plus or minus 10-15% of what they paid.

I'd also speculate that the vast majority of us will have $65,000 to $75,000 as a basis after the 40th and $80,000 to $90,000 after the SS. For those that have to bail, especially if they have a short time frame, I think there will be a fairly large amount of blood on the ground. I'd also guess that when they close down the 40th package that there will be a leveling off of the depreciation for quite a while and then a gradual rise to some other level. There will eventually be many many more SS than 40th so, IMO, the problem for those folks will be compounded by some factor. Three year run 3,000 units available. One year run, 1,000 units available.

Moot point unless the item is sold, but something to think about.

I bought the car because it is the baddest machine out here and it will hold its value better than the corvette, the main thing is if you like it then who cares what it will be worth in the future. Show it off now because everyone that does not have one is jealous!! This car turns more head than anything out there!

I bought the car because it is the baddest machine out here and it will hold its value better than the corvette, the main thing is if you like it then who cares what it will be worth in the future. Show it off now because everyone that does not have one is jealous!! This car turns more head than anything out there!

No question about any of your statements. They are spot on. Part of my point was that when you get a 40th or SS and you're into a Mustang for $65,000-90,000. Regardless of how bad it is, if for some reason you need to get rid of it, how bad will you get hurt. I think in the short term it will be painful. Long term is a crystal ball guess. Which gets back on topic of will the 40th help appreciate the car. I think short term that the stock GT500 will be more insulated to depreciation than either the 40th or SS as a percentage of the basis. That will reverse over time. But as you so elequently stated drive it and show it now, that's what they were made for.

No question about any of your statements. They are spot on. Part of my point was that when you get a 40th or SS and you're into a Mustang for $65,000-90,000. Regardless of how bad it is, if for some reason you need to get rid of it, how bad will you get hurt. I think in the short term it will be painful. Long term is a crystal ball guess. Which gets back on topic of will the 40th help appreciate the car. I think short term that the stock GT500 will be more insulated to depreciation than either the 40th or SS as a percentage of the basis. That will reverse over time. But as you so elequently stated drive it and show it now, that's what they were made for.

+1 cobrafan

No 40th or SS for me.

Saving money for the 2010 GT500.

It's gonna be a must have, to add to the stable! :)

Who knows how long the model run will go? It is going well into the next body style change. Personally, I like the fact that they will keep making the GT500 for many years, but many are upset about that because it will effect there investment.

IMO Stocks & a 401K are an investment. Cars are money losers, but very fun. You only live once. If you leave the car to your kid....then in 40 years he will get your money back out of the car. B)

Now for a little joke.lol.gif

th_506fb130.jpg

Thanks guys for all the input. It has been very enlightening. I think I am gonna do the 40th mod! Car is plenty fast w/o the extra 100 ponies. I love the car. It's the best new muscle car on the planet!

I voted yes, although i find myself pondering how much it would hurt my verte to add the top racing stripes to it, if it doesn't come with it. (I know it doesn't come stock, but I ordered the red stripe option on the 2008, and I am not sure what they will do on the convertibles since they only offered it on the coupes last year.)

Anyone know? I have 8 weeks before I get it, (at least)

I'm really surprised that the vote is only 9 to 1 that the price will increase with this poll being taken on the SAI website. :-)

Now the vote is 19 to 1 that it will help the value of the, which still seem a little low for this site. :-)

Ok, with everything said, about the short term and the long term, my 40th Anniversary mods are done and I am waiting for the SS performance upgrades. 725 HP, 3.73 gears, quick shift linkage, and leaning toward the breaks.

I will also add an adjustable panhard bar or Watts link either at SAI, if it is offered, or when it comes home.

what is an adjustable panhard bar and Watts link?

Now the vote is 19 to 1 that it will help the value of the, which still seem a little low for this site. :-)

Ok, with everything said, about the short term and the long term, my 40th Anniversary mods are done and I am waiting for the SS performance upgrades. 725 HP, 3.73 gears, quick shift linkage, and leaning toward the breaks.

I will also add an adjustable panhard bar or Watts link either at SAI, if it is offered, or when it comes home.

• 2 weeks later...

Well there are at least 15 40th Package cars that will be ahead of the value game regardless of where it goes or how long it takes. Right guys!!!! :D :D :D

You got that right! You wouldn't mean something like this would you? Priceless! Just couldn't wait any longer!

post-2905-1148330889_thumb.jpg

My car left Las Vegas yesterday as a new 40th Anniversary (XL0029 - Black vert). I did not buy the 40th package because of the investment potential. IMO there are too many GT 500's already released with the prospects for another 8 to 20,000 more to be produced.

I plan to drive the car and enjoy it. It turns heads. Maybe in 40 years Ron Pratt's grandkid will buy the car from my grandkid and enough money will change hands to buy a tank of gas....

My car left Las Vegas yesterday as a new 40th Anniversary (XL0029 - Black vert). I did not buy the 40th package because of the investment potential. IMO there are too many GT 500's already released with the prospects for another 8 to 20,000 more to be produced.

I plan to drive the car and enjoy it. It turns heads. Maybe in 40 years Ron Pratt's grandkid will buy the car from my grandkid and enough money will change hands to buy a tank of gas....

GA,

Congratulations on getting your car. You are going to be blown away.

You got that right! You wouldn't mean something like this would you? Priceless! Just couldn't wait any longer!

post-2905-1148330889_thumb.jpg

Hey Brian,

What kind of a hack job crop job is that on the picture. You cut my head off. OH, your were interested in someone else?

GA,

Hey Brian,

What kind of a hack job crop job is that on the picture. You cut my head off. OH, your were interested in someone else?

I thought that was a great picture of you Don!!!!! Mr. Shelby just happened to be in the shot......in my car!

For you 15 40th, the experience alone had to be priceless!! It would be worth ever penny too me to have that experience. I can't imagine the thrill of being there for that ceremony!! Unfortunately they don't have that for the 08, or I would like to have been there also. Like some of you, I bought it because it is bad, and I plan on driving the wheels off the car. I have only had my car a couple of weeks, and I think I've had to open the hood 30 times for people!! The reason I bought it was 500HP for under 50k!!

You said it all.

I tend to agree with you John, we are most fortunate to have been given the opportunity to have Mr. Shelby come out to commemorate the 40th anniversary at an event that will remain forever unique in Shelby history.

Having him personally sit inside our cars -except for you having the hood signed- and signing them was a once in a lifetime experience.

What a sight it was, 15 40th anniversary cars all lined up in one place.

Together, 15 ecstatic owners along with, Amy, John, Sherri, Cynthia, Vicki, Adrienne, and all the mod shop guys involved with building our cars, all working as a team to make this an unforgettable event.

In so far as resale, who would even consider selling a car that is, One Of 15 In The World!!!!!

Well there are at least 15 40th Package cars that will be ahead of the value game regardless of where it goes or how long it takes. Right guys!!!! :D :D :D

Archived