TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lightning Bob Got His Today! >>>>Chicagoland

Lightning Bob

I ate lunch with my friend Joe my Ford saleman today. It is his normal day off and we lunch regularly on Wednesdays. I've previously bought 5 SVT vehicles from him and he also has a Lightning he drag races so I know him quite well. After we finished lunch, he decided he would drive to the dealership just to see if by chance my car had showed up. A half hour later he was on the phone telling me to come get it. I had their service department only check the fluids, had finance do the paper work, and Joe helped me get it onto my trailer to get it out of there ASAP before something happened to it or it got sold out from underneath me. Joe even drove over to my house to help me unload it. Be aware that if you put one of these on a trailer, the front airdam is very low and extended, and you will need to make a more gradual step up to the trailer ramps than is required for previous SVT Cobra's to prevent damage to it. All of the paint protection wrap, interior protection plastic, tags, stickers, etc are still on the car as I had to go to a meeting with a bunch of guys I used to work with this afternoon. I took a bunch of pictures, but haven't downloaded them yet.

By the way I got the blue on white coupe with the interior upgrade only. Only seven miles on the odometer when delivered and it already is telling me it is almost out of fuel! Twenty miles till empty. Pix to follow.

LB

I ate lunch with my friend Joe my Ford saleman today. It is his normal day off and we lunch regularly on Wednesdays. I've previously bought 5 SVT vehicles from him and he also has a Lightning he drag races so I know him quite well. After we finished lunch, he decided he would drive to the dealership just to see if by chance my car had showed up. A half hour later he was on the phone telling me to come get it. I had their service department only check the fluids, had finance do the paper work, and Joe helped me get it onto my trailer to get it out of there ASAP before something happened to it or it got sold out from underneath me. Joe even drove over to my house to help me unload it. Be aware that if you put one of these on a trailer, the front airdam is very low and extended, and you will need to make a more gradual step up to the trailer ramps than is required for previous SVT Cobra's to prevent damage to it. All of the paint protection wrap, interior protection plastic, tags, stickers, etc are still on the car as I had to go to a meeting with a bunch of guys I used to work with this afternoon. I took a bunch of pictures, but haven't downloaded them yet.

By the way I got the blue on white coupe with the interior upgrade only. Only seven miles on the odometer when delivered and it already is telling me it is almost out of fuel! Twenty miles till empty. Pix to follow.

LB

glad for you, and also jealous. That is the combination I have on order. Enjoy and provide feedback, and of course photos

John

Be aware that if you put one of these on a trailer, the front airdam is very low and extended, and you will need to make a more gradual step up to the trailer ramps than is required for previous SVT Cobra's to prevent damage to it.

LB

The finest trailer on the road that eliminated this issue is a Texas RollBack Trailer. I have one that I love and would not have anything else. Go here Texas Rollback Demo to see how it works.

Here is a picture of mine at work... 213g4gj.jpg

You can load a Viper with NO ramps to screw with. Shelby GT500 test coming soon!

I know, off topic. Or is it?

subguns,

That's a very interesting design concept. Coupled with the length of your trailer you should have no issues with a GT500, but have someone watch it anyway.

I have a 16' TrailerWorld open aluminum trailer with a ducktail and torsion bar axles which is specifically made for hauling vehicles like Vettes and Vipers. No Vipers on it yet but it works well with no issues with my lowered 99 Cobra, my Terminator, and my wife's Vette. I had to use a couple of one foot long 2 x 8's to avoid damaging the Shelby though.

LB

LB

Bob, congratulations. Can I come over and go for a ride?

"the car has not been washed, and it was delivered in the rain this morning, so it is extra dirty."

well, my suggestion to you is to get rid of the dirty shelby, and insist on one that has not been rained on.

Luckily, I am willing to take your dirty one off of your hands at a fair price :hysterical:

John

LIGHTNING BOB,

WHERE ARE YOIU LOCATED IN W.C. I WORK JUST OFF OF 38 IN W.C. AND WOULD REALLY LOVE TO AT LEAST DRIVE BY AND TAKE A LOOK. I LIVE DOWNTOWN AND HAVE AN ALLOY/SILVER COUPE ON THE WAY SCHEDULED FOR 7/30. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT. THANKS.

LB

Bob,

I'm in Oak Park. Mine's 2 more week's away...in KY.

Where are you?

:shift:

bj

I've been trolling these forums for a while now, enjoying all the arrival pictures and stories. Congrats to all who have received your cars!

That being said...Congrats Bob! As soon as I read your thread I had to register to tell you that I was at the dealership when they unloaded your car! I work in Bloomingdale (off Schmale) and ran over to the dealership during lunch to order some stuff for my Mach 1.

As I came up North Ave I saw the transport truck out in front of the dealership and immediately spotted the white stang w/blue stripes on the truck and as I passed the truck they were backing the car down the ramps. After I ordered my parts I went out to look at the car (in the spot where your pics were taken...it's definitely a beauty. I was surprised/amazed at how metallic the Vista Blue stripes were, especially for vinyl. I look forward to hopefully seeing your car on the road or at some local shows :)

Bob,

I'm in Oak Park. Mine's 2 more week's away...in KY.

Where are you?

bj

VNMOUS, I've got the same car as you on order. No idea when it will be here. I bet yours will be in before 2 weeks. I'm in Westchester. I was born and raised in Oak Park near Barrie Park. Still have family there.

Thanks everyone,

With the NMRA /NMCA event going on at Route 66 in Joliet this weekend, the GT500 will probably sit in the garage for a few more days.

I may try to get it out Tuesday night for the car show at Augustino's on North Ave. in West Chicago.

Bob, congratulations. Can I come over and go for a ride?

See above

LIGHTNING BOB,

WHERE ARE YOIU LOCATED IN W.C. I WORK JUST OFF OF 38 IN W.C. AND WOULD REALLY LOVE TO AT LEAST DRIVE BY AND TAKE A LOOK. I LIVE DOWNTOWN AND HAVE AN ALLOY/SILVER COUPE ON THE WAY SCHEDULED FOR 7/30. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT. THANKS.

Bob,

I'm in Oak Park. Mine's 2 more week's away...in KY. Where are you? :shift:

bj

I'm near Routes 59 and 64, north of W.C.

I've been trolling these forums for a while now, enjoying all the arrival pictures and stories. Congrats to all who have received your cars!

That being said...Congrats Bob! As soon as I read your thread I had to register to tell you that I was at the dealership when they unloaded your car! I work in Bloomingdale (off Schmale) and ran over to the dealership during lunch to order some stuff for my Mach 1.

As I came up North Ave I saw the transport truck out in front of the dealership and immediately spotted the white stang w/blue stripes on the truck and as I passed the truck they were backing the car down the ramps. After I ordered my parts I went out to look at the car (in the spot where your pics were taken...it's definitely a beauty. I was surprised/amazed at how metallic the Vista Blue stripes were, especially for vinyl. I look forward to hopefully seeing your car on the road or at some local shows :)

Shaker 03 - You're timing was perfect. I had it out of there by 2:30.

VNMOUS, I've got the same car as you on order. No idea when it will be here. I bet yours will be in before 2 weeks. I'm in Westchester. I was born and raised in Oak Park near Barrie Park. Still have family there.

I'll let everyone here know, and we'll all hook up at some sururban Portillos for a Big Beef, large shake and weigh in to see just how much we can jack with the gross vehicle weight.

Seriously, as we get our cars, let's make a point of getting together. That'll bring the car geeks over for a look, huh? It would me!!!

bj

I'll let everyone here know, and we'll all hook up at some sururban Portillos for a Big Beef, large shake and weigh in to see just how much we can jack with the gross vehicle weight.

Seriously, as we get our cars, let's make a point of getting together. That'll bring the car geeks over for a look, huh? It would me!!!

bj

How about a group cruise down Route 66? (Ogden Ave-Rt34)

LB

Congrats. Wow, 7 miles on the ODO...I think that's the lowest I've heard of. Enjoy!

Well people, even though it was extremely hot and humid this weekend I couldn’t wait any longer to fire the beast up. I spent half a day Saturday removing plastic and cleaning up the car as I didn’t want the dealership doing it. At this point, I’ve got about 100 miles of seat time, and as pointed out by FordGeek this car is quite different than previous SVT offerings. It is much quieter than my 03 Cobra was stock. Too quiet for me and this is one of the items I will eventually change. IMO the rubber isolator used to keep the shifter quiet results in too much play, and the shifter will also be changed. I too think some steeper gears (you can wind it out past 40 in first) would be a big asset along with an SCT tune.

Overall the car is very tight and handles well. It accelerates reasonably well, and brakes are very good. The ride is very smooth, more like a Cadillac than a Mustang. But, I can definitely feel it has a live axle on road bumps on both straightaway’s and curves. My other two Cobra’s still sport their IRS systems and handle bumps differently

Looking under the hood, the oil filler cap states a 5W-50 Full Synthetic Oil requirement.

Checked with my dealer, they don’t have any yet. Get your dealer to order some if you are going to have them service it. I also ordered some touch up paint. The Performance White is a new color code for 2007 so they didn’t have that either.

Warning….. They didn’t hit you with a gas guzzler tax for no reason. According to the onboard computer, I’m averaging less than 11 miles per gallon so far and I’ve only gotten into the boost a few times. The info center lets you know how many mile you have till empty. The miles left till empty number seems to drop 2 or 3 for every mile you drive.

If any of you are in the area, I do plan to take it over to the car show at Augustino’s Rock and Roll Deli tonight. See: http://www.doublekproductions.com/tuesdaycruise.pdf

Feature cars tonight are supposed to be Olds Buicks and Pontiacs, so I hope they will let me in.

Hope you all get your cars soon.

LB

hey bob,

couldn't make i to augie's last night. is there anywhere else i might be able to get a glimpse of that beauty in w.c.. i am right by the airport just off powis. let me know if possible. if i have to bolt out at lunch i will.

thanks,

tim

Archived