TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Headers

hotrodbob_merged

I am going with the JBA headers 21 rwhp

Everybody save your $$$$$ I installed ARH LT X and Borla stingers 6 HP 9 torque on a SC (Pax)motor, friend installed on a GT SC (Roots) jba lt 2 hp, 2007 gt vert saleen sc kooks lt x minus 2hp but they all sound awesome!!!

You can buy with cats or off road. Yes off road is illegal.

Im not a 100% on the smog laws from state to state but any long tube header is illegal (Emission's wise) no matter if you have cats on the car or not. The cats have to be in the "same position" exactly where the stock ones are on the car or it wont fly. In california anyway. But, by the way all the emission standards are going, Everybody is going to be the same as Calif. pretty soon anyway. Welcome to our party........ :)

I am going with the JBA headers 21 rwhp

i dont think thats possible. Negligable HP is about what i would expect from the "best" set of headers around. I plan on installing some headers at some point but merely for the exhaust note change.

only way i could see headers adding that much rwhp is if you are running about 30 boost through the stock exhaust system. But again, someone correct me if im wrong.

I think everyone's situation is different depending on your set up. The most positive situation that I had is when I put shorty headers on my steet stock race car. We were running a 351 Winsor with world heads on it and stock exhaust manifolds because we had to. Then I found out that the older mustangs came with shorty headers stock, from the factory so we wiggled it pass the tech guys as factory. The differnce was very noticable, you could feel the car "lift up" when you punched it comming out of the corners. it didn't do that before. I think in our cars it's not going to make a big difference, I'm sure some, the only way to tell is to get a car on the dyno and have a before w/o headers and after w/headers run, both shorties and long tubes. I'm going to install a OR X pipe and some shorty headers because I plan on a Whipple soon and because I just like dink'in with that stuff. I'm going off the theory that if you've got more air comming in, it's gotta go out just as fast or your defeating the purpose!

I have wondered about long tubes for a while,I know that we can tune for them.I know what they can do when installed on a car with extremely restrictive exhaust manifolds.I also know that shorties on our cars have negligible results in stock form,even with a tune.My real question is would long tubes benefit these cars at all,God knows we can't afford to give away any bottom end.Word on the street is that our stock manifolds are pretty good,Wonder how much power they will support,Naturally aspirated that is.

I have wondered about long tubes for a while,I know that we can tune for them.I know what they can do when installed on a car with extremely restrictive exhaust manifolds.I also know that shorties on our cars have negligible results in stock form,even with a tune.My real question is would long tubes benefit these cars at all,God knows we can't afford to give away any bottom end.Word on the street is that our stock manifolds are pretty good,Wonder how much power they will support,Naturally aspirated that is.

On Mustang forums most of the guys on there say that long tubes are the best and do add some HP.

i dont think thats possible. Negligable HP is about what i would expect from the "best" set of headers around. I plan on installing some headers at some point but merely for the exhaust note change.

only way i could see headers adding that much rwhp is if you are running about 30 boost through the stock exhaust system. But again, someone correct me if im wrong.

uno you are right I went back to read the text again in in the fine print it said the dyno was with the headers the h pipe and the exhaust :angry: . My bad.

Archived