TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Its not a real SHELBY!

azquadz

Awwww now, at least the General can make between 400-500 HP without having to stick a blower on it!

:D :D

They have to because they weigh so <bleep> much. And generally wtf good is all that HP when it is on the back of a tow truck heading back with its tail between its legs to get fixed??! Sorry buddy but thats the experience I had with my 98 GMC 1 ton. Bought it new and out of the 3 year lease it was in the shop over 6 months. GO FORD!! :)

They have to because they weigh so <bleep> much. And generally wtf good is all that HP when it is on the back of a tow truck heading back with its tail between its legs to get fixed??! Sorry buddy but thats the experience I had with my 98 GMC 1 ton. Bought it new and out of the 3 year lease it was in the shop over 6 months. GO FORD!! :)

*scratching head* When did we switch to trucks? :huh:

You got me. FORD has NEVER made a bad vehicle...........this year. ;)

Oh wait, there is the whole 6.0 Diesel problem but I digress. :P

But back to the topic at hand :lol::lol:

The 19 HP over a stock GT was in my opinion a mistake by Shelby, it should have been more like 80 HP over a stock GT. That being said I will say the car is absolutely a magic carpet to drive through a road course & on the track and has strong power range for a 319 Hp car. The car goes sideways in 1st & 2nd and squaks 3rd gear effortlessly! This car is so well balanced it is sick. Also the appearance of this car is stunning. So even though I have come to know that no car is perfect, no car. Not even a Ferrari S430 for $285K! I tend to love my $40K Shelby Mustang more and more each day I have it, probably more than others who have paid MUCH MUCH more than that for other cars that are not even half as spectacular. One last thing, there is ONE word other Mustang owners and owners of other specialty cars don't have, that word is SHELBY MUSTANG and that is a legacy that will last forever!. :):):)

In my opinion, 80 hp more than stock would have priced it out of its market (me and several others, I suspect). The SC model is an available option if more HP is desired. It is too bad, however, that the EPA did not find it to be "325 HP", a number which sounds much better than 319 and was originally advertised by some. I think that the "base" Shelby GT is fine just as it is, and Shelby and Ford did a great job. I agree with you on everything else you said, however! :D

*scratching head* When did we switch to trucks? :huh:

You got me. FORD has NEVER made a bad vehicle...........this year. ;)

Oh wait, there is the whole 6.0 Diesel problem but I digress. :P

But back to the topic at hand :lol::lol:

Ouch! I own a Shelby GT AND a 6.0 liter diesel truck.

I got one word for your boss and the argument will be over............................

..................................................................................................................

...................................................................................................................

REGISTRY!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all :D

Bud

There is always more than one way to skin a cat (or in this case your boss) and this one is it!!! LOL

***Note*** pic removed by Bud

Sorry Bud for the picture.....

Owning a Chevrolet has nothing to do with it,Please don't try to blame people bashing the Shelby GT on Bowtie owners,I have one of both!

My boss drives a bright yellow Monte Carlo too, along with his red California Special. His Monte Carlo looks like a bannana coming down the road in the mornings.

Owning a Chevrolet has nothing to do with it,Please don't try to blame people bashing the Shelby GT on Bowtie owners,I have one of both!

Same here, a SGT and a Chevy Cobalt. The cobalt was the only car i could find at the time where i could write a check for under 10k ,includint tax title license and all the other BS charges, and walk out the door wiht keys and title in hand. Plus the MPG is a little better. Almost double and thats why its my commuter car.

But the wife has a FORD! :D

I was rather surprised when visiting some other “Mustang” forum sites. For some reason some of the Shelby GT forums appeared to be dominated by Mustang and/or Ford folks who liked to trash the Shelby GT – too expensive for what you get, just a Mustang GT with some Ford parts added on, underpowered, no more a Shelby than a 500, etc. I guess one could mark it up to Shelby GT envy but it seemed to be way out of proportion and this is coming from Ford guys. I did not really understand what their problem was – I figure to each his/her own. The SGT is a beautifully balanced car and one that I could justify buying price wise. It they want to buy a GT and modify it to look like a Shelby more power to them – just do not call it a Shelby and bad mouth mine.

+ 10000 :)

There is a medical condition that explains this type of behavior. It's called Shelby Envy. And it actually is a cry for help. Since I have owned my car I have seen more that just a few people who have exhibited the same symptoms of this growing epidemic. This new outbreak seems to infect only select groups such as: The import tuner crowd, The American 4 banger tuner crowd, Anyone with GM product, and even the our own fellow mustang owners who at least had the common sense to buy a Mustang but really want a Shelby. Remember the first stage of this sickness is Denial. They just don't want to accept the fact that it's a real Shelby. The way I overcame my own cry for help was to just break down and buy a Shelby my wife was my sponsor and she helped me to see that it is affordable and that life could be better for me. I feel MUCH MUCH better now that I took that leap of faith! I just live my Shelby life one day at a time and it's wonderful.

So help your boss out... Be a friend to him and let him know there is help! Pull up trade in values on his California Special. Leave them in plain view so that he can embrace the information with out uncomfortable confrontation. Post this information in the office bathroom stalls, On his windshield, slip it in with your sales reports, and forward web links to him. Then when you think the time is right and after you are confident that he grasps the gravity of his situation, then is the time to show him the future that he should have and that he deserves. Tell him, a bright blue, or Grabber Orange Shelby would sure look nice in the parking lot right next to mine. There is hope for you boss. Don't give up on him, be a friend, do the right thing... He deserves your help.

Now thats funny. Now go to the next level and remember all performance cars are cool, really, even chevs, but dont be a dry envier, all brands are cool, shelbys are just very very cool.

In my opinion, 80 hp more than stock would have priced it out of its market (me and several others, I suspect). The SC model is an available option if more HP is desired. It is too bad, however, that the EPA did not find it to be "325 HP", a number which sounds much better than 319 and was originally advertised by some. I think that the "base" Shelby GT is fine just as it is, and Shelby and Ford did a great job. I agree with you on everything else you said, however! :D

I was told by my dealership that the "319" HP figure comes from the fact that there is an additional gas guzzler tax for vehicles over 320 and that Ford certified it at 319 to keep it from kicking in the additional tax and that the actual HP is 325-330, which from some of the stock dyno tests we've seen posted seems about right

The 19 HP over a stock GT was in my opinion a mistake by Shelby, it should have been more like 80 HP over a stock GT. That being said I will say the car is absolutely a magic carpet to drive through a road course & on the track and has strong power range for a 319 Hp car. The car goes sideways in 1st & 2nd and squaks 3rd gear effortlessly! This car is so well balanced it is sick. Also the appearance of this car is stunning. So even though I have come to know that no car is perfect, no car. Not even a Ferrari S430 for $285K! I tend to love my $40K Shelby Mustang more and more each day I have it, probably more than others who have paid MUCH MUCH more than that for other cars that are not even half as spectacular. One last thing, there is ONE word other Mustang owners and owners of other specialty cars don't have, that word is SHELBY MUSTANG and that is a legacy that will last forever!. :):):)

Swede cool post man! I am glad your diggin your ride!

I was told by my dealership that the "319" HP figure comes from the fact that there is an additional gas guzzler tax for vehicles over 320 and that Ford certified it at 319 to keep it from kicking in the additional tax and that the actual HP is 325-330, which from some of the stock dyno tests we've seen posted seems about right

Im feelin kinda lucky with that tax because i was just reading that the Dodge SRT 8's have a GGT of 2100 bucks......... :o

What about the word

ROUSH

SALEEN

SVT

MCLAREN

STEEDA

What about them? None of these companies beat Enzo Ferrari with an ac bodied bad boy. Nor did thier stangs give a run to vettes in the 60's. There is Shelby kinda like there is Hendrix they both uniquely rocked the world and made/make timeless art.

What about them? None of these companies beat Enzo Ferrari with an ac bodied bad boy. Nor did thier stangs give a run to vettes in the 60's. There is Shelby kinda like there is Hendrix they both uniquely rocked the world and made/make timeless art.

Point takin!

But,

Does this thread sound like its heading the way of what that post #20 was about?

Just curious.......... :)

I was rather surprised when visiting some other “Mustang” forum sites. For some reason some of the Shelby GT forums appeared to be dominated by Mustang and/or Ford folks who liked to trash the Shelby GT – too expensive for what you get, just a Mustang GT with some Ford parts added on, underpowered, no more a Shelby than a 500, etc. I guess one could mark it up to Shelby GT envy but it seemed to be way out of proportion and this is coming from Ford guys. I did not really understand what their problem was – I figure to each his/her own. The SGT is a beautifully balanced car and one that I could justify buying price wise. It they want to buy a GT and modify it to look like a Shelby more power to them – just do not call it a Shelby and bad mouth mine.

My logical side says it is too expensive and should have a little more power, but my illogical side said get one anyway. My logical side dominated my thinking until I saw the first pix of a blue 08 convertible. At that point emotion took over and I decided that I just had to have one. Before that though I shared many (not all) of the criticisms other have had about the SGT. I'm well aware of the anti SGT feelings out there on others sites (I'm a moderator on themustangsource.com). Seems to derive from 2 sources. 1. It appears that Mr Shelby is a polarizing individual. Most folks either love him or hate him. 2. The aftermarket performance folks who know they could build a faster/better performing car for thousands less.

What about the word

ROUSH

SALEEN

SVT

MCLAREN

STEEDA

Except for SVT, unlike the others, Ford, in press releases, considers the SGT to be a special edition Mustang. Ford includes the SGT on their SVT site, and press releases from Ford mention the 08 SGT model by name (e.g. new for 08 the SGT will come in blue with a convertible option)

Think we've had this discussion before. Your dealership is incorrect. GGT isn't determined by hp, it's determined by mpg. I'm sure there some cars out there with more hp than the SGT that don't have any GGT (does the Charger or 300 models with +350HP have GGT? don't know just asking)

My logical side says it is too expensive and should have a little more power, but my illogical side said get one anyway. My logical side dominated my thinking until I saw the first pix of a blue 08 convertible. At that point emotion took over and I decided that I just had to have one. Before that though I shared many (not all) of the criticisms other have had about the SGT. I'm well aware of the anti SGT feelings out there on others sites (I'm a moderator on themustangsource.com). Seems to derive from 2 sources. 1. It appears that Mr Shelby is a polarizing individual. Most folks either love him or hate him. 2. The aftermarket performance folks who know they could build a faster/better performing car for thousands less.

Except for SVT, unlike the others, Ford, in press releases, considers the SGT to be a special edition Mustang. Ford includes the SGT on their SVT site, and press releases from Ford mention the 08 SGT model by name (e.g. new for 08 the SGT will come in blue with a convertible option)

Think we've had this discussion before. Your dealership is incorrect. GGT isn't determined by hp, it's determined by mpg. I'm sure there some cars out there with more hp than the SGT that don't have any GGT (does the Charger or 300 models with +350HP have GGT? don't know just asking)

I did not ask the Dodge boys across the way from us but, i was reading an article on pricing, performance, bla, bla, and it stated it came with a GGT of 2100 bucks. Those cars (SRT 8) are rated at 425hp crank. I will find it and link it.....

Here is a thread about it. scroll down a little when you get there......

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt8-gene...uzzler-tax.html

Also check this.......

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/info.shtml#guzzler

:)

I did not ask the Dodge boys across the way from us but, i was reading an article on pricing, performance, bla, bla, and it stated it came with a GGT of 2100 bucks. Those cars (SRT 8) are rated at 425hp crank. I will find it and link it.....

Here is a thread about it. scroll down a little when you get there......

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt8-gene...uzzler-tax.html

Also check this.......

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/info.shtml#guzzler

:)

Driving a 2008 Ram 1500 for the weekend with the 5.7. 340 Hp. No GGT. So far it's getting ~16.

Aint that something? :blink:

Archived