TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Its not a real SHELBY!

azquadz

Today my boss was in a terrible mood. He's an A** anyway most of the time, but today he went off on a tangent and was telling me I didn't own a real Selby! He said all i did was put together a kit car and buy the name plate online. He said it doesn't even look like a real Shelby, it's just a regular mustang. He said his red California Special was a better car than mine. Anyone want to trade jobs?

I would just like to give him the middle salute! Here's to you BOSS!

***Note*** pic removed by Bud

Today my boss was in a terrible mood. He's an A** anyway most of the time, but today he went off on a tangent and was telling me I didn't own a real Selby! He said all i did was put together a kit car and by the name plate on line. He said it doesn't even look like a real Shelby, it's just a regular mustang. He said his red California Special was a better car than mine. Anyone want to trade jobs?

Yes,Give me five minutes with him and he will have a new outlook on the Shelby Mustang!Maybe with just one eye! :lol:

Today my boss was in a terrible mood. He's an A** anyway most of the time, but today he went off on a tangent and was telling me I didn't own a real Selby! He said all i did was put together a kit car and by the name plate on line. He said it doesn't even look like a real Shelby, it's just a regular mustang. He said his red California Special was a better car than mine. Anyone want to trade jobs?

Just give his e-mail address to Bud, John or Amy-perhaps they can change his mind! I don't want to trade jobs, bu I'll lend you my Expedition if you want to run over his California Special :D

Remember Bud's email all.

Just take the high road and ignore him. He's jealous that his supbordinate (or hoe ever the heck you spell it) has a Shelby and he doesn't. Keep your chest out and don't give him the time of day when cars come up in the discussion.

What's he doing with a California Special in Arizona? Just forget about it. He's the one with a terminal case of SGT envy. Let him join the California Special Forum. Why not be a perfect employee and give him the address: http://californiaspecial.com/forums/index.php ? :lol: Jim

Today my boss was in a terrible mood. He's an A** anyway most of the time, but today he went off on a tangent and was telling me I didn't own a real Selby! He said all i did was put together a kit car and buy the name plate online. He said it doesn't even look like a real Shelby, it's just a regular mustang. He said his red California Special was a better car than mine. Anyone want to trade jobs?

Just laugh at him and say "yeah, you got it all figured out" and let it go.

I had a body shop man tell me (very arrogantly) my Shelby wasn't real because the hood scoop was bolted on and the "real ones he sees at auction are not bolted on" (referring to the 500's).

I just said "you're a f*****g moron. See the signature and serial number? Show me a 500 that's has that" got in the car and drove off with him just standing wide eyed.

Of course he couldn't fire me. :D

There is a medical condition that explains this type of behavior. It's called Shelby Envy. And it actually is a cry for help. Since I have owned my car I have seen more that just a few people who have exhibited the same symptoms of this growing epidemic. This new outbreak seems to infect only select groups such as: The import tuner crowd, The American 4 banger tuner crowd, Anyone with GM product, and even the our own fellow mustang owners who at least had the common sense to buy a Mustang but really want a Shelby. Remember the first stage of this sickness is Denial. They just don't want to accept the fact that it's a real Shelby. The way I overcame my own cry for help was to just break down and buy a Shelby my wife was my sponsor and she helped me to see that it is affordable and that life could be better for me. I feel MUCH MUCH better now that I took that leap of faith! I just live my Shelby life one day at a time and it's wonderful.

So help your boss out... Be a friend to him and let him know there is help! Pull up trade in values on his California Special. Leave them in plain view so that he can embrace the information with out uncomfortable confrontation. Post this information in the office bathroom stalls, On his windshield, slip it in with your sales reports, and forward web links to him. Then when you think the time is right and after you are confident that he grasps the gravity of his situation, then is the time to show him the future that he should have and that he deserves. Tell him, a bright blue, or Grabber Orange Shelby would sure look nice in the parking lot right next to mine. There is hope for you boss. Don't give up on him, be a friend, do the right thing... He deserves your help.

There is a medical condition that explains this type of behavior. It's called Shelby Envy. And it actually is a cry for help. Since I have owned my car I have seen more that just a few people who have exhibited the same symptoms of this growing epidemic. This new outbreak seems to infect only select groups such as: The import tuner crowd, The American 4 banger tuner crowd, Anyone with GM product, and even the our own fellow mustang owners who at least had the common sense to buy a Mustang but really want a Shelby. Remember the first stage of this sickness is Denial. They just don't want to accept the fact that it's a real Shelby. The way I overcame my own cry for help was to just break down and buy a Shelby my wife was my sponsor and she helped me to see that it is affordable and that life could be better for me. I feel MUCH MUCH better now that I took that leap of faith! I just live my Shelby life one day at a time and it's wonderful.

So help your boss out... Be a friend to him and let him know there is help! Pull up trade in values on his California Special. Leave them in plain view so that he can embrace the information with out uncomfortable confrontation. Post this information in the office bathroom stalls, On his windshield, slip it in with your sales reports, and forward web links to him. Then when you think the time is right and after you are confident that he grasps the gravity of his situation, then is the time to show him the future that he should have and that he deserves. Tell him, a bright blue, or Grabber Orange Shelby would sure look nice in the parking lot right next to mine. There is hope for you boss. Don't give up on him, be a friend, do the right thing... He deserves your help.

Exactly! :lol:

This is by far the best way to handle it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Yes, your boss has a serious case of Shelby Envy. Just brush it off w/ the knowledge that, no matter what he says, you drive home in a Shelby each night while he still has his C/S and wishes he had yours.

I got one word for your boss and the argument will be over............................

..................................................................................................................

...................................................................................................................

REGISTRY!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all :D

Bud

Let's see. GT 500 is built at a Ford Plant and sent to dealerships. Shelby GT is built at Ford Plant and sent to Shelby facility for modification.

Yeah, the GT 500 is more of a Shelby than the Shelby GT :rolleyes:

+1 :D

I was rather surprised when visiting some other “Mustang” forum sites. For some reason some of the Shelby GT forums appeared to be dominated by Mustang and/or Ford folks who liked to trash the Shelby GT – too expensive for what you get, just a Mustang GT with some Ford parts added on, underpowered, no more a Shelby than a 500, etc. I guess one could mark it up to Shelby GT envy but it seemed to be way out of proportion and this is coming from Ford guys. I did not really understand what their problem was – I figure to each his/her own. The SGT is a beautifully balanced car and one that I could justify buying price wise. It they want to buy a GT and modify it to look like a Shelby more power to them – just do not call it a Shelby and bad mouth mine.

I was rather surprised when visiting some other “Mustang” forum sites. For some reason some of the Shelby GT forums appeared to be dominated by Mustang and/or Ford folks who liked to trash the Shelby GT – too expensive for what you get, just a Mustang GT with some Ford parts added on, underpowered, no more a Shelby than a 500, etc. I guess one could mark it up to Shelby GT envy but it seemed to be way out of proportion and this is coming from Ford guys. I did not really understand what their problem was – I figure to each his/her own. The SGT is a beautifully balanced car and one that I could justify buying price wise. It they want to buy a GT and modify it to look like a Shelby more power to them – just do not call it a Shelby and bad mouth mine.

The truth is, most of these folks wear "bowties." Enough said.

I got one word for your boss and the argument will be over............................

..................................................................................................................

...................................................................................................................

REGISTRY!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all :D

Bud

Such a beautiful word....REGISTRY!!!!!!!

I am a big time Mustang fanatic I own a 2003 Roush stage 2 1998 cobra and a 1995 V6 with 15lbs of fury from an eaton. The shelby GT is a gorgeous car but lacks in power. I do not have shelby envy as I drive a GT-H almost everyday as you see I am probably the #1 distributor in the U.S. of the GT-H. But all the power in the world to those who can afford the Shelby GT. Forget about all the other idiots when it comes to what they say about Shelbys because when it comes down to it

YOU CAN REST EASILY AT NIGHT KNOWING YOUR VALUE STAYS THE SAME WHILE THEY ARE LOSING MONEY EVERY SECOND

I am a big time Mustang fanatic I own a 2003 Roush stage 2 1998 cobra and a 1995 V6 with 15lbs of fury from an eaton. The shelby GT is a gorgeous car but lacks in power. I do not have shelby envy as I drive a GT-H almost everyday as you see I am probably the #1 distributor in the U.S. of the GT-H. But all the power in the world to those who can afford the Shelby GT. Forget about all the other idiots when it comes to what they say about Shelbys because when it comes down to it

YOU CAN REST EASILY AT NIGHT KNOWING YOUR VALUE STAYS THE SAME WHILE THEY ARE LOSING MONEY EVERY SECOND

The 19 HP over a stock GT was in my opinion a mistake by Shelby, it should have been more like 80 HP over a stock GT. That being said I will say the car is absolutely a magic carpet to drive through a road course & on the track and has strong power range for a 319 Hp car. The car goes sideways in 1st & 2nd and squaks 3rd gear effortlessly! This car is so well balanced it is sick. Also the appearance of this car is stunning. So even though I have come to know that no car is perfect, no car. Not even a Ferrari S430 for $285K! I tend to love my $40K Shelby Mustang more and more each day I have it, probably more than others who have paid MUCH MUCH more than that for other cars that are not even half as spectacular. One last thing, there is ONE word other Mustang owners and owners of other specialty cars don't have, that word is SHELBY MUSTANG and that is a legacy that will last forever!. :):):)

What about the word

ROUSH

SALEEN

SVT

MCLAREN

STEEDA

There is one and one only true Mustang enthusiast from the 60's, and that is SHELBY. All the other names saw the success SHELBY had a followed. I don't want to grind it out with you, but this is a SHELBY board you know? Sorry but you did ask-

What about the word

ROUSH

SALEEN

SVT

MCLAREN

STEEDA

ROUSH?

SALEEN?

WHO?

WHAT?

WHERE?

:blink:

ohhhhhh! those names. SVT is basically just a division of Ford thats reponsible for developement of performance Ford vehicles. the other 4 are separate entities which are good companies in thier own right.

Archived