TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Quality Improving?

jaydub Mach1

From an article today...

"Consumer Reports’ Champion said Ford’s reliability is steadily and consistently improving.

Forty-one of 44 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury models — or 93 percent — scored average or better in predicted reliability, compared with 67 percent of Chrysler’s models and 49 percent of General Motors’ models.

The Lincoln Mark LT, a luxury pickup, was the only Ford vehicle on Consumer Reports’ list of the 44 least reliable vehicles. GM had 13 models on that list, while Chrysler had six and Toyota had one..."

The entire article...http://www.thestate.com/business/story/202850.html

Thats excellent news , like to hear it !!!!!!!!

so how do you like your Shelby compaired to your mach1 trade in???

I definitely like the SGT better. :):)

I still like the Mach1, but it was fairly "primitive" compared to the Shelby. I had it lowered with H&R sport springs, Bilstein shocks/struts and Bridgestone 050 Pole Position tires. It was quicker to respond to steering inputs. I liked the 4-valve motor. It was stock, so it didn't pull like the SGT's and it “came on cam” about 500 PRM’s higher.

But, I really liked the Shelby after renting a GT-H in March. So, when they dropped to a price I could afford, I grabbed one and haven’t looked back. :lol:

I definitely like the SGT better. :):)

I still like the Mach1, but it was fairly "primitive" compared to the Shelby. I had it lowered with H&R sport springs, Bilstein shocks/struts and Bridgestone 050 Pole Position tires. It was quicker to respond to steering inputs. I liked the 4-valve motor. It was stock, so it didn't pull like the SGT's and it "came on cam" about 500 PRM's higher.

But, I really liked the Shelby after renting a GT-H in March. So, when they dropped to a price I could afford, I grabbed one and haven't looked back. :lol:

Glad to hear it!!!! :D

Ford quality is definitely better than it was in the early 80's, I can tell you that! That's when I owned my previous Ford. Now I have two, and Expedition and the SGT, both great cars. I hope we are seeing the beginning of Americans buying American again as it sure would be great for this country.

Ford quality is definitely better than it was in the early 80's, I can tell you that! That's when I owned my previous Ford. Now I have two, and Expedition and the SGT, both great cars. I hope we are seeing the beginning of Americans buying American again as it sure would be great for this country.

AGREEED!!!!!!

Yea and even better I read a little about Toyota having quality and reliability issues. I havent read the whole article but what I saw was good news for american auto makers IMO.

yeah I think Toyota dropped out of the top 5 for the first time in a long time.

Yes. I bought the Mach1 new in 2004. It was my first Mustang and first Ford. I didn't have to take it to the dealer for any problems other than scheduled maintenance. It was great.

Meanwhile, I know two people who recently bought new cars: one a Mercedes and the other a Nissan. They suffer from the same "problem". They both will suddenly just shut down for no reason: driving on the freeway or around town, didn't matter. Dealer and factory have no idea what's wrong. And they swear they will never get another one.

Hopefully, Ford can continue to improve!!

From an article today...

"Consumer Reports’ Champion said Ford’s reliability is steadily and consistently improving.

Forty-one of 44 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury models — or 93 percent — scored average or better in predicted reliability, compared with 67 percent of Chrysler’s models and 49 percent of General Motors’ models.

The Lincoln Mark LT, a luxury pickup, was the only Ford vehicle on Consumer Reports’ list of the 44 least reliable vehicles. GM had 13 models on that list, while Chrysler had six and Toyota had one..."

The entire article...http://www.thestate.com/business/story/202850.html

It is a fact that the only problems (all minor in nature) I've had with my SGT have been due to the work done by SAI, with the scoop being the only remaining issue. The basic Mustang is perfect so far!!

Yes. I bought the Mach1 new in 2004. It was my first Mustang and first Ford. I didn't have to take it to the dealer for any problems other than scheduled maintenance. It was great.

Meanwhile, I know two people who recently bought new cars: one a Mercedes and the other a Nissan. They suffer from the same "problem". They both will suddenly just shut down for no reason: driving on the freeway or around town, didn't matter. Dealer and factory have no idea what's wrong. And they swear they will never get another one.

Hopefully, Ford can continue to improve!!

I had this issue with a 98 GMC 1 Tom truck I had Jay. I would pull out on traffic and bang no go go. It ended up being an ignition switch. They had issues with them that year I was told. They swapped it out and it was fine after. I had many other major issues with the truck though and was so glad when my lease was up. I had wanted a F350 but Ford was in the middle of redesiging that year so I would have had to take a 2 year old model.

I can believe it. I have NEVER been a Ford person excluding the 7.3 Super Duty trucks but after buying this Mustang, my opinion has changed.

I test drove a 07 F150 reg cab with the 4.6 engine. The truck was nice and steady and felt real good. Too bad the 4.6 in that truck is GUTLESS. Maybe the 3.55's were throwing it off.

Archived