TEAM SHELBY FORUM

22's?

Strawman

I called American Racing for some info yesterday, the person I talked to said that the 22" GT40's look great on the SGT, that they've sold several for this application. 22's? Do they come with spinners also? But seriously, will they fit the SGT, and how would they look?

Personally....too much wheel and not much tire. Harsh, harder ride than the 20's. The 20's wheel to tire aspect ratio just seems to fit the profile and proportion of the wheel well just right. You would also have more daylight between the rotors and the wheel. The 20's also seem to have just the right look to show off the 14" rotors.

Personally....too much wheel and not much tire. Harsh, harder ride than the 20's. The 20's wheel to tire aspect ratio just seems to fit the profile and proportion of the wheel well just right. You would also have more daylight between the rotors and the wheel. The 20's also seem to have just the right look to show off the 14" rotors.

+1 on the 22's. I don't think a 22 will clear. When our car was first unloaded off the truck and I looked at the clearance between the wheel and the fender, I thought "no way, it's going to rub", but it doesn't. My personal opinion is the 20's is about as big as you would want to go. It fills the wheel well perfect, the stance of the car just looks bad a$$. The downfall is a little rougher ride and cleaning the wheel wells is a nightmare(for thorough cleaning remove wheel).

But in the end it's your car, you're the one who has to look at it, if it makes you happy go for it.

Dave

Archived