TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAI visit

Michael Morris

just got back this morning and had to have some sleep. just wanted to let yall know about the trip. EVERYONE at SAI is great and i mean EVERYONE. i was lucky and got to spend alittle time with everyone. they are busy trying to put them shelbys together so i didnt want to take up all there time. i was VERY lucky and got to spend some time with Bud and his beautiful wife. they are great folks and really made the short trip awesome. i wish i couldnt have spent more time with them, but im going to try and make that happen when i go back to get the SS. Adrienne was the first one to greet me and she was a pleasure to be around. you can tell right away the she loves these cars like most of us do. it's always more enjoyable to have someone tell you about things that they really LOVE, it shows in there actions. John came out and we got to talk for alittle while, but he was busy trying to deliver Randys car (i have some pics of the car that i will post later) the little time we got to spend with john was worth the trip( thanks for taking the time with us). after the tour i got to meet Gary Patterson ( like i told my wife, the CRAZY guy in the SS doing donuts on youtube) talk about a car NUT, we sure had alot in common. we got to talk about cars that we have and have had. we both agreed that cars arent made to look at, but to drive and drive it like you stole it. i got to finally meet face to face with Miss Vicky,Doug and Miss ANNE. thank everyone for the time and making OUR trip AWESOME.

michael morris

just got back this morning and had to have some sleep. just wanted to let yall know about the trip. EVERYONE at SAI is great and i mean EVERYONE. i was lucky and got to spend alittle time with everyone. they are busy trying to put them shelbys together so i didnt want to take up all there time. i was VERY lucky and got to spend some time with Bud and his beautiful wife. they are great folks and really made the short trip awesome. i wish i couldnt have spent more time with them, but im going to try and make that happen when i go back to get the SS. Adrienne was the first one to greet me and she was a pleasure to be around. you can tell right away the she loves these cars like most of us do. it's always more enjoyable to have someone tell you about things that they really LOVE, it shows in there actions. John came out and we got to talk for alittle while, but he was busy trying to deliver Randys car (i have some pics of the car that i will post later) the little time we got to spend with john was worth the trip( thanks for taking the time with us). after the tour i got to meet Gary Patterson ( like i told my wife, the CRAZY guy in the SS doing donuts on youtube) talk about a car NUT, we sure had alot in common. we got to talk about cars that we have and have had. we both agreed that cars arent made to look at, but to drive and drive it like you stole it. i got to finally meet face to face with Miss Vicky,Doug and Miss ANNE. thank everyone for the time and making OUR trip AWESOME.

michael morris

Sounds like you had a great time MM! They are a great bunch of people and really make you feel welcome and very special.

On another note, can you pm me with your contact info for my dad? Thanks!

Sounds like a real blast Double-M! Maybe I'll make that trip one day soon!

(By the way, being new here and all, let me re-introduce myself with this hint: Ben brought me in to your showroom to pick up my SGT in his now mashed Bimmer! Glad to see you again!)

I too look forward to hearing about the visit. It sounds like you got a lot accomplished. Good for you Michael.

One thing I really like is that saying "drive it like you stole it". I just love to drive my Shelby hard like that, even though it is few and far between that I do it. It is nice to just dump the clutch @ 3000 RPM's , with the trac-control off, and just go sideways and then hit second and slide sideways there too with the sound just screaming in your ears!!! I think with a Whipple SC my excitement level would go through the roof! :D

Sounds like a real blast Double-M! Maybe I'll make that trip one day soon!

(By the way, being new here and all, let me re-introduce myself with this hint: Ben brought me in to your showroom to pick up my SGT in his now mashed Bimmer! Glad to see you again!)

i havent sleep in 3 days i need a bigger hint than that

michael morris

Hmm, more hint(s): I couldn't pick up the car till late in the week due to a "blemish" on the hood, and at the time of the pick-up there was a particularly nasty thunderstorm in progress, (your phones were out)! Later that month I had to call you up for a "do-over" on the paint - you sent the troops down to take care of that at my house on the island. (I believe you had/have family here!)

Hmm, more hint(s): I couldn't pick up the car till late in the week due to a "blemish" on the hood, and at the time of the pick-up there was a particularly nasty thunderstorm in progress, (your phones were out)! Later that month I had to call you up for a "do-over" on the paint - you sent the troops down to take care of that at my house on the island. (I believe you had/have family here!)

now im really going to get my self in trouble, but i have only sold 1 SGT at the store. the rest of the cars have been sold out of state and been picked up at SAI or delivered to them? what dealer did you get your car at?

michael morris

Well, now I'm thinking I may be getting MYSELF in trouble! Perhaps there is more than one Mike Morris? :o

Let's see, does "go see O.C." ring any bells?

no sir, this is getting funny. if you bought a SGT you didnt buy it from me. i havent sold a SGT to FL. what dealer did you buy your car at?

michael morris

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/co...6l/SAI%20Visit/

no sir, this is getting funny. if you bought a SGT you didnt buy it from me. i havent sold a SGT to FL. what dealer did you buy your car at?

michael morris

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/co...6l/SAI%20Visit/

I am laughing now! I purchased from OC Welch in Beaufort, SC....

Archived