TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Automatic Grabber?

Strawman

As far as collectibility goes, I believe this may be the one to own. I read yesterday (on ebay) that only 286 of these were made, and some have nav, as we've seen. Unfortunately, I don't have room in my garage (nor bank account) for two.

• 2 weeks later...

Are any of the Grabber Orange SGT's automatics?

CHINO HILLS FORD HAS TWO AUTOMATICS IN ORANGE BOTH WITH NAV.THEY WONT BUDGE OFF A 47000 PRICE THOUGH.I HAVE HAD AN COUPLE OF SEMI HEATED CALLS AND EMAILS THE TOPIC BEING THEY THINK THE PRICE IS FAIR.ANYTHING OVER MSRP IS NOT FAIR IN MY OPINION.IVE DONE ALOT OF CHECKING ON THESE CARS AND SO FAR THEY ARE NOT MOVING EVEN AT MSRP.

you might be able to get 1 of them by going through a different dealer , sometimes if you talk to the right sales guy at ford they can call the other dealer that has what u want and pull it from them !!! thats what the dealer i went to was going to do with a black on black GT auto , but then we got the SGT and havent looked back sence!!! funny thing was we never was even looking for a Shelby way out of our budget untill they made it work for us !!!!! :D

As far as collectibility goes, I believe this may be the one to own. I read yesterday (on ebay) that only 286 of these were made, and some have nav, as we've seen. Unfortunately, I don't have room in my garage (nor bank account) for two.

The dealers new spin, the rare orange Shelby GT. In all the years I've been following cars, since when does color make a car rare? I've only seen on a couple of occasions where a color made a car rare. One, two, maybe three in a production run in a color that was so ugly nobody wanted it. Thirty years later it's rare. I consider a rare car 300 or less, very rare 100 or less. I guess I don't buy into the dealers spin "it's a rare car". Options make a car rare, not paint. <_<

Just my $.02 cents,

Dave

The dealers new spin, the rare orange Shelby GT. In all the years I've been following cars, since when does color make a car rare? I've only seen on a couple of occasions where a color made a car rare. One, two, maybe three in a production run in a color that was so ugly nobody wanted it. Thirty years later it's rare. I consider a rare car 300 or less, very rare 100 or less. I guess I don't buy into the dealers spin "it's a rare car". Options make a car rare, not paint. <_<

Just my $.02 cents,

Dave

I wish you could order cars like in the early day's where you could get 3 different engines to choose from ect.... ;)

Archived