TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Hood Pins Installed (pics)

Mustang Lover

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, I just installed mine yesterday and I'm very happy with them. The quality on the new set up is far superior to the old, I guess that's why they cost 100.00 and the old set you can buy for 31.99.

Those look great on the car!!! :D Has anyone seen the ones on the new Shelby GT??? I noticed it said "Shelby GT" instead of just "Shelby". Those would be very cool to get. B)

Gary

Those look great. I Think that might be my first addition. Has anyone heard if the "Shelby GT" pins are going to be sold or are they only available on the 08 SGT's?

Those look great. I Think that might be my first addition. Has anyone heard if the "Shelby GT" pins are going to be sold or are they only available on the 08 SGT's?

As of this time, short of it snowing in Southtown, no the "GT" versions are not for sale. :(

My concern with these and other things like them, is for those of us keeping our cars for a LONG time, will these minor modifications one day be cause for points off at a SCCA (snobs) judging event? If not great! If so, as I have been thinking, this is why I would like SAI to provide these as part of a sanctioned upgrade package on the idea of the KR or SS.

I'd like to see two packages, an appearance package, and a performance package, for next year and fill these upcoming mod shops with work.

Nice approach.

I asked and was told the "Shelby" pins are the only billet pins in stock at this time and over 200 sets as of 3 weeks ago.

So other than the 08 says Shelby GT and these just say Shelby what else is different? My dealer has my new pins in but I am just order this set. They look more rugged.

No other difference other than the GT is not there. Just the "SHELBY" I have a set waiting for my car on the workbench in the garage. And they are mor beefier. I'll send you a PM on how someone described them too funny. :D

ross-

when will your car be done.

:)

Been done since 9/24 I'm waiting for a call today that it has been loaded for shipment. Supposed to go out today with a 08SGT for Tasca Ford. They were the only 2 going to the Northeast. Hopefully by the end of the week.

For our white and black SGT's why would they be a dark blue and not black? Just curious.

Pick:

1. Shelby with the traditional Shelby blue (should be guardsman, but that small who knows)

2. The 08's are blue and the "Shelby" is blue, while the "GT" is in black. While I don't quite get the color choice there I suppose it was easy to order sans "GT" and keep the machine in the same color. It would look to me like a two step job and you could color the non-08 pins in the same run and not incur a second wash and set-up charge.

I was thinking I would remove the paint entirely and leave the "Shelby" in silver rather than use blue on a white car though until I get a set I'm not sure how easy that would be. Instead I'm thinking of getting a set without the "Shelby".

How hard would it be to repaint the lettering?? I've never seen one of them up close, but like the way the pictures look-would be nice to get them to match the car though

Couldn't tell ya. For black it makes sense to try to go black on the letters and depending it could be an over paint. Of course a sharpie might work too! ;) For white I'm thinking no paint or no lettering at all.

You are talking about letters that appear to be about 1/8" tall. I dont think you will notice it until you get right up on them. I am assuming they ordered one color due to cost. Small run things get expensive.

Archived