TEAM SHELBY FORUM

turbo charger

fatboy_merged

has anyone thought of having turbo installed? i thought about doing that instead of supercharger. turbos are easier on the engine (better durability). and i heard they have better peak power. now superchargers are better for holeshots but rob HP at same time.

so i was thinking would it be better to have a turbocharged engine for road races?

just wondered. i'm ignorant on this stuff.

oh and would there be a problem with strut brace clearances on single or twin turbochargers?

has SAI ever done turbo instalations?

edit: i may not even install an SC or a turbo...but if i ever decide i'd probly go with the turbo just for engine longevity. maybe make it a sleeper if i get a challenge from unawared prey...*evil grin*

has anyone thought of having turbo installed? i thought about doing that instead of supercharger. turbos are easier on the engine (better durability). and i heard they have better peak power. now superchargers are better for holeshots but rob HP at same time.

so i was thinking would it be better to have a turbocharged engine for road races?

just wondered. i'm ignorant on this stuff.

oh and would there be a problem with strut brace clearances on single or twin turbochargers?

has SAI ever done turbo instalations?

edit: i may not even install an SC or a turbo...but if i ever decide i'd probly go with the turbo just for engine longevity. maybe make it a sleeper if i get a challenge from unawared prey...*evil grin*

Two issues with a turbo charger. One is turbo lag, the other is additional heat added. But they do seem to be making a comeback.

Archived