TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCT Tuning From Brenspeed

07SGT4578

I will only buy mine from Brenspeed or Bamatunes. And last I knew Doug at bama was buried and at times had trouble getting back to people. Brenspeed has tested this tune more than anyone I have read about so my vote goes to them.

As for the dealer detecting the reflash I have read from someone at Ford that they cant that is was retuned only that it was reset as SGT Man said. It was on the blueovalfirums months ago and posted by an engineer. I am not concerened at all and I am a worry wart when it comes to warranty things. How often do you take your car in for plugs??! I have mine dealer serviced and its for oil and lube stuff. The majority of us are in the same situation. If something major goes wrong I would still not be concerned. They would have to prove the tune caused the issue. And with alot of people using it it would be tough IMO.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK. here is a list of poeple interested in a possible group purchase on a SCT tuner from Brenspeed. if you are interested add your name to this list. Of course this is all still preliminary as I have not talked to Brenspeen as of yet. The regular price of this SGT tuner is $379.00 with free shipping.

LIST:

DRHVAC

Shelby-Don

Frankieboo69

Webba

MattChicago

--H

AFBlue (?)

Stump_breaker (?)

Shelbydream1 (?)

DRHVAC,

I'm in after reading about the tune on 07SGT507:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=2667&hl=

torquewrench1807

Depending on final price, I might actually want TWO... One for my SGT and the other for the wife's V-6 Mustang... I've already put a CAI and Dual Exhaust on the V-6 car... Just needs a little "tune-up" and she can have some "fun" too... Too bad these are tied to the ECM once you use it the first time... But let me know what the GROUP RATE is going to be, so I can get this done in time for CHRISTMAS... THANKS!

07SGT0547

I would think that there would be differences depending upon where you live/drive. For instance, someone in Denver would definitely need a leaner tune than someone like me in Florida. Will Brenspeed make allowances/adjustments for this factor?

Just asking!

updated list

Ok guys thanx for jumpin on with us. I think that we may now have enough people interested to call Brenspeed. I will call them on monday morning, so if you want on between now and then stand up! also I have ran aftermarket computer programs on every fuel injected car ive owned, and never had problems, remember we are not adding gobs of power that the car may not handle we are just fine tuning the performance of our cars where FRPP left off. As a matter of fact I have a very strong relationship with my ford dealer and my tuner stays in the car so if the program needs changed they change it or have me do so before servicing. My dealer assured me they will never refuse service on any of my vehicles due to modifications..... :D

updated list

Ok guys thanx for jumpin on with us. I think that we may now have enough people interested to call Brenspeed. I will call them on monday morning, so if you want on between now and then stand up! also I have ran aftermarket computer programs on every fuel injected car ive owned, and never had problems, remember we are not adding gobs of power that the car may not handle we are just fine tuning the performance of our cars where FRPP left off. As a matter of fact I have a very strong relationship with my ford dealer and my tuner stays in the car so if the program needs changed they change it or have me do so before servicing. My dealer assured me they will never refuse service on any of my vehicles due to modifications..... :D

Ok as promised I installed my tune just a little while ago then drove the car about 40 miles , its definately worth it , I took it up to 6,000 RPMs twice and absolutely no pinging . The response on the lower RPMs is definately better , a lot better . BTW I installed the 93 octane tune . Also it is warm and muggy here so I know once the air cools off it will be even better .

First Impressions of Brenspeed Tune Options

Track this topic

Email this topic

Print this topic

Subscribe to this forum

Switch to: Outline

Standard

Switch to: Linear+ SGT#507 Oct 17 2007, 09:52 PM Post #1

Shelby Nut

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,331

Short answer: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Longer answer: My XCal2 with the new Brenspeed Tunes arrived late last Friday, but unfortunately, I was heading out of town and have just now had enough time behind the wheel to give a report. Overall, I am very, very happy.

I have a bone stock manual SGT, except for the new tune. First off, I have never used a tuner/chip/etc. before and I was a little apprehensive about how to use it. I shouldn't have worried--once I unpacked it from the box it took less than 3 minutes to have the new tune loaded and the car ready to go.

Our premium fuel here in Austin, TX is 93 octane, so I had Brenspeed send me a street tune for that and they also included tunes for 91 octane and 89. I haven't loaded anything else so far other than the 93 tune. It is awesome.

The car basically feels like it has been "turned up to 11." One of the things that the tune does is raise the idle rpms--this definitely makes it sound meaner and more aggressive when you turn the key--it actually improves driveability around town as I have to downshift less often when driving 5-20 mph. I plan on talking to Brenspeed to ask them what the tune actually does, but the car seems to pull a LOT harder from 2000-3500 rpms.

Also seems to hold RPMs better between shifts so you stay in the power band. I never thought the car felt sluggish at all--but now it seems far more responsive after each shift.

Sounds better too---"snarlier." I've been driving mine since March 1st, and was completely happy, but now with the new tune it seems like the whole car has just been caffienated. It is great.

I hope to take the car in to be dynoed on Friday to compare with the bone stock numbers. I'll post it as soon as I get it.

If you were on the fence about the group order-----DO IT.

--------------------

Shelby GT #507

Black, 5 speed, Shaker 1000, IUP

Picked up February 28, 2007

2007 Tahoe LT2

Hey all new here I am interested if there is an Ohio tune.

welcome to the family , I believe this tune will work in every state , i'm in CA and we have the stricktest emmitions in the country , we dont even have 93 oct here 91 is the highest!

Has anyone done the retune in California with 91 Octane? Are all SGT's set by Shelby for 91 so some of the gain is resetting to 93?

i'm in CA also !!! :D the tuners come with a 91oc tune , yes i believe all of them are origanaly set at 91+ so if you were in a state that has 93 you would be able to switch between 91 and 93!

I've talked to alot of people who have tuners in there mustangs in CA and they say its a big difference with the tuner !!!!!!! :D

Last Day !!!!!!!!

Cant wait to get mine !!!!!!!!!!! :D

Which shop is that Mark? I've always gone to Dyno Tuned Performance out at Greenbriar.

That's the one I had in mind. Only heard good things about them.

Rather than take this too far off topic, could you pm me your experience with them?

Thanks.

welcome to the family , I believe this tune will work in every state , i'm in CA and we have the stricktest emmitions in the country , we dont even have 93 oct here 91 is the highest!

i'm in CA also !!! :D the tuners come with a 91oc tune , yes i believe all of them are origanaly set at 91+ so if you were in a state that has 93 you would be able to switch between 91 and 93!

I've talked to alot of people who have tuners in there mustangs in CA and they say its a big difference with the tuner !!!!!!! :D

Last Day !!!!!!!!

Cant wait to get mine !!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm in CA, too, so only 91 octane. So, just so I understand, the 91 tune from them will improve the drivability, etc. over the current 91 octane tune from SAI/FR. But, probably not as much as a 93 octane tune. Is that correct?

We have 15 people interested in the tuning, I am going to call Brenspeed in the morning when I leave for work. If your name is on the list, cool. If your name is not on the list, and you want to be let me know or post here. The more people we have the better chance we have on getting a better deal. We know they will be at most $379.00 as this is the normal price. Hopefully by this time tomorrow we will have a price from Brenspeed. I will check this topic at 8.00 am CST.

I've had my time at bat with this issue, and I have had my share of "tuners" experimenting on my automobile.

The Shelby GT is a unique automoblie, and IMHO, if any tuner mentioned here does not have a "sample/test bed" stock Shelby GT on hand, I would be very cautious.

Sure...We all want more. But, not at our expense, right? But, remember that "tune it and you own it", as I was once told, came to be true. Mess with the factory numbers and you will stand alone. All by yourself, not one of these screen names have your back.

If you truly feel that there is something wrong with with your SGT/FRP tune, get it fixed through Shelbly/FRP. However, if you just want something more, be advised that you are on your own.

Been there, did this. Trust me, messing with the factory programming is fatal in the long run.

Yes...They can "see and tell" when the factory programming has been flashed, or, "chipped", and see every detail.

We lost that protection in '03

Be safe,

Mac.

I've had my time at bat with this issue, and I have had my share of "tuners" experimenting on my automobile.

The Shelby GT is a unique automoblie, and IMHO, if any tuner mentioned here does not have a "sample/test bed" stock Shelby GT on hand, I would be very cautious.

Sure...We all want more. But, not at our expense, right? But, remember that "tune it and you own it", as I was once told, came to be true. Mess with the factory numbers and you will stand alone. All by yourself, not one of these screen names have your back.

If you truly feel that there is something wrong with with your SGT/FRP tune, get it fixed through Shelbly/FRP. However, if you just want something more, be advised that you are on your own.

Been there, did this. Trust me, messing with the factory programming is fatal in the long run.

Yes...They can "see and tell" when the factory programming has been flashed, or, "chipped", and see every detail.

We lost that protection in '03

Be safe,

Mac.

I guess I'm on my own then , and I like it . B)

Archived