TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCT Tuning From Brenspeed

07SGT4578

OK. here is a list of poeple interested in a possible group purchase on a SCT tuner from Brenspeed. if you are interested add your name to this list. Of course this is all still preliminary as I have not talked to Brenspeen as of yet. The regular price of this SGT tuner is $379.00 with free shipping.

LIST:

DRHVAC

Shelby-Don

Frankieboo69

Webba

MattChicago

--H

Torquewrench1807

VEGASTY

jaksjerky

Pagerart

07SGT0547 (2)

Mywickedshelby

SHELBY0264

UNO (?)

Shelbydream1 (?)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this price include brenspeed tunes, or is it just for the SCT programmer (probably discussed before but I obviously missed it)?

Might want to check over at stangsunleashed.com in their SGT section. They may have some interested members there too.

I think once we get ten you should contact them and see what they will do for us , and you can ask them what about 20??? (maybe even better deal) :D

this my sir is the plan. we have as you can see 4 for sures and 1 maybe, so it seems we need 5 to 6 more at least!

OK. here is a list of poeple interested in a possible group purchase on a SCT tuner from Brenspeed. if you are interested add your name to this list. Of course this is all still preliminary as I have not talked to Brenspeen as of yet. The regular price of this SGT tuner is $379.00 with free shipping.

LIST:

DRHVAC

Shelby-Don

Frankieboo69

Webba

AFBlue (?)

stump_breaker (maybe)

Would we all have to want the same characteristics for the tune or would they be individualized by what each person wanted? Is Brenspeed one of the ones that gives you free upgrades to your tune if you make additions to the car later (ie long tube headers)? Put me on the maybe list.

Would we all have to want the same characteristics for the tune or would they be individualized by what each person wanted? Is Brenspeed one of the ones that gives you free upgrades to your tune if you make additions to the car later (ie long tube headers)? Put me on the maybe list.

Yes as long as you buy the headers from them the tune upgrade is free .

GARY

Thnx Matt !!!!!!!!! :D

Need more guys, come on??????? I dont want to leave you at the stop light cause my car has better response and alittle more kick than yours because you didnt want one!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hi, I'm in, lets see what we can do on price. I have a few friends with mustangs and will ask them if they want in.

LIST:

DRHVAC

Shelby-Don

Frankieboo69

Webba

MattChicago

--H

AFBlue (?)

Stump_breaker (?)

Shelbydream1 (?)

Where can I get info on the SCT Tuner? What should I expect?

Does anyone know how much better this is than the Shelby tune? Will the device go back to the original Shelby tune or just the Ford factory tune?

Better is relative,By peak horsepower,Brenspeed says the gain is minimal,BUT,The driveability and power across the board up to peak is greatly improved!When you get your device,First you download the factory tune to the tuner,in your case the FRPP tune,and upload the Brenspeed tune of your choice.If and when you need to go in for service,YOU reverse the procedure.So it will not go back to a stock ford tune ,unless you start unless somehow that is what you start with.

Better is relative,By peak horsepower,Brenspeed says the gain is minimal,BUT,The driveability and power across the board up to peak is greatly improved!When you get your device,First you download the factory tune to the tuner,in your case the FRPP tune,and upload the Brenspeed tune of your choice.If and when you need to go in for service,YOU reverse the procedure.So it will not go back to a stock ford tune ,unless you start unless somehow that is what you start with.

COUNT ME IN.............

COUNT ME IN.............

Will they all come with the same tunes or will each car be evaluated individually?

COUNT ME IN.............

Will they all come with the same tunes or will each car be evaluated individually?

My thoughts:

They will be the same tunes as all Shelby GT's. Unless you have added engine modifications. Then the discount situation might not be applicable to you, due to yours would then be a custom tune rather than a stock Shelby GT tune.

If you want it optimimally tuned to your car, then your best choice is to find a reputable dyno tuner.

Tunes from Brenspeed and Bamachips are a great option (compared to stock tune), and as other have said, they provide better performance and response across the powerband.

However, if you have an odd ball car, these tunes may make your car run too lean/rich. I've seen this reported over on themustangsource.com. Member uses the exact same tune as others but his car dynos way too lean, while same tune on another car is just right. It's very rare but it happens.

COUNT ME IN.............

are you in?..........

When I bought my tuner for the lightning I got it from Johnny Lightning and did not quite like it so i sent it back and he changed some stuff, then awesome. Im sure that if the tune was not good to you they would make it right as any good human being would. The reason we are doing this with Brenspeed is they have tuned several other cars on this forum and they are happy with them. If you guys would like to look at other possible tuner companies that is cool with me. Any suggestions??????????? As soon as we get to ten people that will for sure buy one if the price is right I will get solid prices!

Thnx , Mustang Lover! B)

DRHVAC i know of a couple of other places that have the same tuner same price one being (www.americanmuscle.com) but like you said there are a sevral other guy's on this forum that got it from Brenspeed and are very happy with it , i say "unless there are some other people on this forum that has gotten the tuner else where and can give us some good feedback on theirs" than we go with brenspeed!

at american muscle they have the SCT XCalibrator 3 Mustang X3 Power Flash Tuner (96-08) and the Mustang SCT XCalibrator 2 Tuner (96-08 All Models) for the same price ,,, is the XCalibrator 3 better than the 2???? Anyone????

Does the Mustang track changes to the tune? I hear some cars have a history that a dealer could detect. I have heard of carbon deposits on the plugs alerting the dealers. Any concerns there? I am still in if all checks out.

Now this subject has been disputed,But I don't think anyone has told us about personal experience,Uploading performance tune,Then reflashing stock tune,Then going in for service.Anybody feel free to chime in on this!I would think that with a leaner performance tune,Plug deposits would be a non issue,Only thing I know is that the reflash to stock shows up as a battery disconnect,Tell them it was running funny and you tried that to save yourself a trip to the dealer.

Now this subject has been disputed,But I don't think anyone has told us about personal experience,Uploading performance tune,Then reflashing stock tune,Then going in for service.Anybody feel free to chime in on this!I would think that with a leaner performance tune,Plug deposits would be a non issue,Only thing I know is that the reflash to stock shows up as a battery disconnect,Tell them it was running funny and you tried that to save yourself a trip to the dealer.

If the car had to go back to the dealer for any reason the original Shelby tune is stored on the X-cal you just flash it back .

If the car had to go back to the dealer for any reason the original Shelby tune is stored on the X-cal you just flash it back .

Was pretty sure about that,I think the question is whether or not the dealer can actually tell if you have done so,And void your warranty!Don't have a Ford tech in my pocket to confirm or deny,Used to but he is no longer with Ford,Been a few years!

Archived