TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 wanted

fivepoint_0

Anyone know where I can order/buy a GT500 at or around MSRP in California?

I've contacted nearly 50 dealers and no one will sell one for less than $15K over MSRP.

I'm on a few dealers waiting lists but unless I offer $15-$40K over MSRP they don't want to even talk.

Thanks in advance!

Guest evilchris

I've contacted nearly 50 dealers and no one will sell one for less than $15K over MSRP.

I'm on a few dealers waiting lists but unless I offer $15-$40K over MSRP they don't want to even talk.

Thanks in advance!

Wait a few months.

Thanks in advance!

Search around on themustangsource.com ...there was a guy on there from the LA area who claimed that the biggest dealer in the area / country is going to be selling 60 GT500s at MSRP...

Search around on themustangsource.com ...there was a guy on there from the LA area who claimed that the biggest dealer in the area / country is going to be selling 60 GT500s at MSRP...

I talked to 800 FORD SVT last week and confirmed that Galpin (one of the largest Ford dealers in the land) has currently only 4 allotments, not 60. its possible that they may get a a couple more through share of nation, but thats it. I am sure that they already have a list 20 or more deep and are asking $25k to $35k ADM.

Guest evilchris

Yeah, Galpin. He was full of crap. Galpin is selling theirs for 80k.

Galpin is the worst to deal with and most arrogant of all I’ve contacted. I've been on their waiting list for about a year. When I signed up their Director of Strategic Planning told me that Galpin has never marked cars up and would not be doing this on the Shelby GT500 either, that turned out to be a lie.

When they called me to tell me they had gotten to my name on the list I asked, “what are you asking for the car?” They transferred me to two people who said they were not allowed to talk price. Then I was told I had to speak with the GM (Terry). I’d left 3 messages for Terry on 3 separate days and never received a call back.

When I told the internet sales manager (one of the guys I was transferred to) another local dealer, Power Ford, had a GT500 and was asking $15k over MSRP he said “that can’t be true, do you know how big Galpin is, we just got our car yesterday…” and then went on tell me how people are paying $40, $60, $100K over sticker price. I told him if you think I’m lying, drive to their lot to have a look and stop wasting my time with this crap about how big Galpin is.

I live in upstate NY and have yet to find anyone selling for less than 10k over MSRP.

I even contacted a dealer in podunk PA in the middle of nowhere. Theirs was unsold, red convertible, told the guy I'd pay MSRP and overnight him a 10k deposit that night. No deal.

Now I have my sightes set on a GT + Supercharger + new suspension for a total of 38k.

I'm pretty frustrated with these dealers, I'm thinking about buying something else too.

The latest update I got from a dealer in Orange over the weekend was to leave a $1000 deposit so that I can bid against a bunch of other guys... I'm not too excited about a bidding war.

If anyone knows where else I can look I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Adam

Guest evilchris

I'm pretty frustrated with these dealers, I'm thinking about buying something else too.

The latest update I got from a dealer in Orange over the weekend was to leave a $1000 deposit so that I can bid against a bunch of other guys... I'm not too excited about a bidding war.

If anyone knows where else I can look I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Adam

Two options:

1. Wait 5 or 6 months.

2. Buy something else.

Ford blew it with the GT500 launch. Thousands of pissed off people.

Guest evilchris

Definitely. I mean, what manufacturer wants to release a new model and see them selling for 15-35k over sticker? What a huge failure this launch has been :hysterical:

That's short sighted, just like the dealers who lose 20 customers to make $20k. Ford also sees ZERO of that money. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Two options:

1. Wait 5 or 6 months.

2. Buy something else.

Ford blew it with the GT500 launch. Thousands of pissed off people.

This is the sad part about it. Ford had a real opportunity with this car because of its presence and the fact it is actually affordable for many (unlike the GT which is a great halo car but out of the price range of most). Unfortunately, what's happened is a case of greedy dealers taking advantage of the situations to line their pockets while the reputation of Ford in general is tarnished.

My only comparable point of reference is my experience ordering my 350Z when that model was getting ready to launch in 2002. I literally walked into the dealership the last day of the pre-order period for the first cars and was able to secure one of the vehicles they were alloted, made to order, and had my car in just over 3 months (all the while being able to find out exactly the status of my order, where my car was, and when it would be delivered). It was a fantastic experience. Ever since, I've noted the profile of the Nissan in the auto market in general has been improving. I think this is a clear example of treat your customers fairly and it pays off in the long run.

In the case of the GT500, I think those who ultimately get their hands on one will forgive a lot of the BS involved attaining one, but far more folks are going to be left with a bad taste in their mouth and turn to Chevy, Dodge, or other next time rather than shop at their local Ford dealer.

Guest evilchris

Thr Ford Dealer near me Just got a Blue GT500 w/ Man. Trans.

Listed @ 44k

LISTED maybe, ask to buy it for 44k and watch them laugh in your face!

Thr Ford Dealer near me Just got a Blue GT500 w/ Man. Trans.

Listed @ 44k

Laugh in your face they will too. There is no reason for them to sell it at list. I was first on a pre-order list, the dealership called me to tell me that they they were ordering one but wanted $15k CASH over MSRP. I turned them down. Not only is $15k ridiculous to ask for (IMO), but to ask for CASH, it is even more ridiculous. I have my name down at a different dealership for $10k over but I have to wait until April. I am thinking (hoping) that by April, the prices will drop. I also paid some car broker guy $500 to call all the dealerships and try and find one for $5k over MSRP. Will see how that plays out!

I tempeted just to buy a Saleen S281SC. So what if it has less HP, it has better suspension and ride. I am going to go test drive one in the next few days.

Abbas

Archived