TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Efficient ways to use this forum

What secrets do you have to allow you to efficiently see the threads you want? I admit I do it the old fashioned way...just read everything that's "new"....one thread at a time.

I know there are some search tools (I've used that successfully a few times), and there are ways to "subscribe", and sort by poster or by date or whatever.....just tell us how you do it.

Dave

What secrets do you have to allow you to efficiently see the threads you want? I admit I do it the old fashioned way...just read everything that's "new"....one thread at a time.

I know there are some search tools (I've used that successfully a few times), and there are ways to "subscribe", and sort by poster or by date or whatever.....just tell us how you do it.

Dave

to be honest, I probably am not too efficient on this board, this is the one I use to kill some time and gain some amusement from the fun posts. On other boards, I look for posts from persons I have gotten useful information from in the past, such as fourcam and hissman on SVT performance.

Don't get me wrong, I do get useful information here also, but this is also the most fun board I have found. It is also a group that I feel comfortable sharing ideas and stories with. Even the meaningless ones.

Dave, I have also noticed lately that there are just not a lot of new threads coming in. I think most have just fallen into a sort of waiting mode, and maybe have lost some of their excitment since most of us are unsure exactly when we might get our shelby.

• 7 months later...
I only spend 10 minutes a day on here so I don't know. :hysterical2:

I hit the "View new posts" button, and look at what's changed since my last visit.

Then sort out all the ones of snoop dog, unless I have TONS of free time. :hysterical2:

Then I reply to the ones that strike my interest.

Then I hop into the S197 specific forum, and see what's going on there, in case I missed something.

I can spend from 5 - 15 minutes, and catch a lot of what's going on that way.

- Tony

I hit the "View new posts" button, and look at what's changed since my last visit.

Then sort out all the ones of snoop dog, unless I have TONS of free time. :hysterical2:

Then I reply to the ones that strike my interest.

Then I hop into the S197 specific forum, and see what's going on there, in case I missed something.

I can spend from 5 - 15 minutes, and catch a lot of what's going on that way.

- Tony

You're the most computer savvy person on the site Tony...I figured you'd hack into the mainframe, get access to Robert's pc, and tell us all the secrets he's hiding about the AAI reunion this summer. :hysterical2:

You're the most computer savvy person on the site Tony...I figured you'd hack into the mainframe, get access to Robert's pc, and tell us all the secrets he's hiding about the AAI reunion this summer. :hysterical2:

He's probably hacked into Ford's development server and downloaded all the KR stuff - not to mention the next gen info :) C'mon, Tony, share !!! :)

He's probably hacked into Ford's development server and downloaded all the KR stuff - not to mention the next gen info :) C'mon, Tony, share !!! :)

I, uh, have no idea what you're talking about.

At all.

Nope.

<_<

(Actually, I know a server Admin at ford, we were in a class together about 6 years ago, when ford was switching a lot of their big systems from Sun to IBM. I should send him an email, see what info he could get me...)

Seriously, the "view new posts" button is as good as it gets, I think. Subscribing to a topic or two here & there works.

- Tony

I, uh, have no idea what you're talking about.

At all.

Nope.

<_<

(Actually, I know a server Admin at ford, we were in a class together about 6 years ago, when ford was switching a lot of their big systems from Sun to IBM. I should send him an email, see what info he could get me...)

Seriously, the "view new posts" button is as good as it gets, I think. Subscribing to a topic or two here & there works.

- Tony

There isn't enough time in a day to read alot of these postings because too many post whores don't stay on topic :backtotopic: even when they have their own "off topic" area. :yup:

If there are threads you have replied to that are not showing up under View New Posts then use My Assistant and click on My Last 10 Posts. I use this alot to quickly get to threads I am actively involved in. I also use IE 7.0 which has tabbed browsing. If there are threads I want to follow closely I just open them up in another tab and occasionally refresh them to see new posts. I typically have 4 or 5 open at any given time. This saves search time. Also, email notifications do not always come in so while I may suscribe to a thread I will still use the methods above to track them.

Finally, you can always flag a thread in your browser favorites so you can come back to it easily after you shut down your browser. I did this with the link I used to track my rail car and with one click it would pop up my status.

Hope this helps.

If there are threads you have replied to that are not showing up under View New Posts then use My Assistant and click on My Last 10 Posts. I use this alot to quickly get to threads I am actively involved in. I also use IE 7.0 which has tabbed browsing. If there are threads I want to follow closely I just open them up in another tab and occasionally refresh them to see new posts. I typically have 4 or 5 open at any given time. This saves search time. Also, email notifications do not always come in so while I may suscribe to a thread I will still use the methods above to track them.

Finally, you can always flag a thread in your browser favorites so you can come back to it easily after you shut down your browser. I did this with the link I used to track my rail car and with one click it would pop up my status.

Hope this helps.

+1 on the tabbed browsing.

(Though firefox > IE)

- Tony

+1 on the tabbed browsing.

(Though firefox > IE)

- Tony

Yep

Also tabbed browsing lets you open continue to read and search while the other pages are opening in another tab so you are not waiting for the page view. I may open two or three links quickly in different tabs and come back to them later to read them after they have finished loading.

Hope this helps.

:bowdown:

Archived