TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Hood Scoop

trackeer

Hey Amy et al.,

First, I realize the hood scoop issue is an annoying subject for all of us, both owners and you folks at Shelby.

I am sorry some folks choose to express themselves with little concern for others feelings. I come to the Web Site to check the status of the cars, so I do not visit that often. If I comment its because I feel the communication seems lacking and if not for this WEB site I would be out in left field somewhere trying to figure out how to get my car fixed!!!

A few concerns,

1. My dealer called and said a new Scoop is being delivered next week, all rivits??? Is this the Concluded Fix??? I am very concerned about drilling 20 plus holes in my cars hood??? Will this create pressure points and cause the hood to bend at areas between the rivits???

2. My dealer claims to be able to do this repair, should I let him do it and if he mess's it up then what???

3. My Tape looks horrible, is Shelby repairing this problem under warranty, and does my dealer neews to photo my car????

Thanks

Moe in NH

PS. I started a new post in hopes my notes would be seen and answered, and the other post seems to have a life of its own outside the posted subject matter.

:) Your hood should not bend/warp etc. because it's double walled and I would let your dealer install it that way if it gets FU then it's his responsibility, if you do it, it will be yours!

Hey Amy et al.,

First, I realize the hood scoop issue is an annoying subject for all of us, both owners and you folks at Shelby.

I am sorry some folks choose to express themselves with little concern for others feelings. I come to the Web Site to check the status of the cars, so I do not visit that often. If I comment its because I feel the communication seems lacking and if not for this WEB site I would be out in left field somewhere trying to figure out how to get my car fixed!!!

A few concerns,

1. My dealer called and said a new Scoop is being delivered next week, all rivits??? Is this the Concluded Fix??? I am very concerned about drilling 20 plus holes in my cars hood??? Will this create pressure points and cause the hood to bend at areas between the rivits???

2. My dealer claims to be able to do this repair, should I let him do it and if he mess's it up then what???

3. My Tape looks horrible, is Shelby repairing this problem under warranty, and does my dealer neews to photo my car????

Thanks

Moe in NH

PS. I started a new post in hopes my notes would be seen and answered, and the other post seems to have a life of its own outside the posted subject matter.

Have the tape done before the scoop, My 3 rd scoop was installed last week by the dearler with the rivits,,, NO PROBLEM Good Luck B)

Moe,

As of last week John contacted me and explained they are doing these on a case by case basis. They are having issues with some dealers not wanting to do the fix because they are scared(the dealer)...no other way to sugar coat it. Anyway, send John at SAI an email..... johnw@shelbyautos.com.....and let him know of your issue, send along pics, and let him know if you have been dealing with the warranty group....PCG Campbell and he will get back to you. I have not done this yet but will be this week. I have not been dealing with the warranty group and just my service guy. I am assuming he wants that info to see about fixing how things get responded to but you know what they say about assuming. Anyway GL and let us know how you make out :)

Hey Guys/Gals,

Thanks for the encouragement, I really do love my car and hate the thought of someone doing something

and making a HUGE booboo.....

Webba I sent off a e-mail to John as you suggested, and will wait before I run my car over to the dealer.

You guys are right, they should do the repair as they would with any warranty item and its up to them to hopefully do it right.

Its a tought situation for for Shelby, and I can feel for them dealing with the adversaties of building a new biz, in a market where folks have very high expectations for something they paid a lot of money for.

I dropped off my F250 to my dealer today, and my service tech said its hard for them because they not only have to deal with Ford but Shelby, Saleen etc and sometimes its a battle to get it right.

But, I guess thats the price of being unique, if we wanted we could all own GT's and never get a second notice for the most part.

Thanks to All,

Moe in NH

PS., hey GT owners that wasn't a slam by the way, as I had comtemplated a GT on many occasions.

Let us know how it goes. I forgot to tell you to put in your CSM# and who you deal with for a dealer but I am sure he will ask if you didnt include it. I will be looking to do mine in the next few weeks. As you know, snow isnt far off so I wont be driving her around for much longer.

Archived