TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front End Cover For SGT (Bra)

pagerart

Pagerart, are you not telling us something?

hmmmm???

Why does it look you have a 2008 SGT grille on your 2007 model?

hmmmm???

Or, is it just me? For some reason, I don't see the Mustang honeycomb grill behind your SGT grille. Did you modify it yourself or is it simply the lighting? Either way, it looks great.

Why would you even want to put one on ??? It'll cover the stripes and wont look as good IMO!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

+1

Check out www.xpel.com

I am a 3M certified installer for paint protection film. If any one is in the NorthEast Tennessee area and is interested in pricing and/or having this installed let me know. I will give a discount to forum members.

Skip

Pagerart, are you not telling us something?

hmmmm???

Why does it look you have a 2008 SGT grille on your 2007 model?

hmmmm???

Or, is it just me? For some reason, I don't see the Mustang honeycomb grill behind your SGT grille. Did you modify it yourself or is it simply the lighting? Either way, it looks great.

Must be the lighting. I never really paid much attention to the mounting of the grill but it is as it came from Shelby.

Why would you even want to put one on ??? It'll cover the stripes and wont look as good IMO!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

I only did it to help those that wanted to buy one. I will leave it on for now but prefer the regular look too. The company said these are popular in harsher weather areas and where bugs are plentiful. The goal is to protect the car and still look good, even if not as good.

I had the clear bra from ventureshield installed on my GT500. They covered the stripes too. The paint is protected and there is no fading that will occurr. It is gaurenteed for life not to yellow, bubble or crack. The stuff is very strong and is used on airplanes too. This product wraps all the edges on the fenders and hood.

A friend of mine had the 3M stuff put on his White GT500 about 6 months ago, and it is yellowing allready.

Here is a video of my installation.

CLICK ON VIDEO

th_Sep052007-VID000011.jpg

I had the clear bra from ventureshield installed on my GT500. They covered the stripes too. The paint is protected and there is no fading that will occurr. It is gaurenteed for life to to yellow, bubble or crack. The stuff is very strong and is used on airplanes too. Yhis product wraps all the edges on the fenders and hood.

A friend of mine had the 3M stuff put on his White GT500 about 6 months ago, and it is yellowing allready.

Here is a video of my installation.

Of course on an Orange car, if it did yellow, would you know it? <_<

Of course on an Orange car, if it did yellow, would you know it? <_<

Yes you would!

Any difference in yellowing of the film would cause a different appearance to the paint where the film interfaces with the non covered surfaces.

The yellowing would be noticed where my finger is on this photo!

ClearBracuringintheSun002.jpg

And on the top hood where my finger is on this photo!

ClearBra2ndtime002.jpg

lol, he has the coolest emoticons. Seriously, before I hijack this thread anymore, everybody please welcome Grabber, he is a good addition to our membership and should be into our top 10 posters by the end of the month. :P

lol.gif Are you calling me a ylw_post_whore.gif?

I do want to say thankyou-2.gif for the welcome.

So Back to the topic of rock chips, and protection. I am going to attach a vewry good Q & A link that is from my installers web page. It will answer almost any question that one might have about a clear bra.

http://www.clearbraoregon.com/page/page/2720290.htm#52714

Think we are both pretty beat Michael. We were on the road at 3AM from, (no kidding here) Shelby, NC and were working in shifts to get back this evening.

Nice to spend some time with you on Sunday, thanks for meeting with us. I'll give you a call tomorrow when I find out when the car will be arriving on Wednesday.

Think we are both pretty beat Michael. We were on the road at 3AM from, (no kidding here) Shelby, NC and were working in shifts to get back this evening.

Nice to spend some time with you on Sunday, thanks for meeting with us. I'll give you a call tomorrow when I find out when the car will be arriving on Wednesday.

it meant alot that yall made time to come by and see me. it was great meeting yall face to face.

talk to ya soon.

michael morris

Archived