TEAM SHELBY FORUM

looky loos

07SGT4578

Well, my wife and I were at some friends of ours house last night about forty or so miles away. We were just getting done with dinner and there is a knock at the door, a few minutes goes by and my friends wife comes back to the den, where we where, and said there was a guy outside wanting to look at my car. I went outside, and there was a slowmaro with a group of kids in it wanting to check out my shelby. Of course i showed it to them, but WTF I like the looks the car gets but that was rediculous. Anyone else got a story like this please tell.........................

Yesterday I drove from my grandmothers farm in Alfalfa, OK to my home in Austin, TX. Stopped at the rest stop near Pauls Valley to remove the bug juice from the windshield.

As I walked from the rest room back to my car, a fellow told me he and his wife were from Switzerland and on vacation. He said there are not many muscle cars near their home, then he took a few photo's of the car.

He hastily put his cigarette out when I opened the door so he could take a photo of the dash plaque. He smiled and said 'Shelby' when he saw the door sill plate.

Well, my wife and I were at some friends of ours house last night about forty or so miles away. We were just getting done with dinner and there is a knock at the door, a few minutes goes by and my friends wife comes back to the den, where we where, and said there was a guy outside wanting to look at my car. I went outside, and there was a slowmaro with a group of kids in it wanting to check out my shelby. Of course i showed it to them, but WTF I like the looks the car gets but that was rediculous. Anyone else got a story like this please tell.........................

well I actually had a guy I golf with ask me what a Shelb ywas this weekend. He and another guy were checking out the car.....I play golf with my uncle, dad, and a bunch of their freinds so this is a mostly older than 50 group and quite a fun time. Anyway, I get out of the car and Bill asks me what a Shelby was. And I said you know a Shelby mustang. And he said ahh nice car. So I said you know carrol Shelby and he said he never heard of it. I told him to hand in his balls and I bet his wife had heard of it. He laughed but still had no idea. LOL

As I walked from the rest room back to my car, a fellow told me he and his wife were from Switzerland and on vacation. He said there are not many muscle cars near their home, then he took a few photo's of the car.

The LA SAAC club had a show on the Santa Monica pier a few weeks ago. There were several tourist that walked through. The English and Australians especially loved the Shelby GTs.

I had acouple of Youpers (upper Michigan people/wood ticks) tell me......."Say, dats a fine lookin car ya got der eh".

• 2 weeks later...

I was washing 99 in the driveway today and she was getting more looks from passing cars than usual when A visiting family pulled in the driveway across the street. A woman jumped out of the car, looked at the Shelby for a few seconds and said, "That is The best looking car that I have ever seen!".

Now that is a compliment.

The LA SAAC club had a show on the Santa Monica pier a few weeks ago. There were several tourist that walked through. The English and Australians especially loved the Shelby GTs.

time to buy up those going cheap and offer them on ebay england :), wonder what the Japanese would think of this car especially if some dang movie producer would hurry and use one as the main characters car in some action movie!

I was sitting at a red light in town last night and some idiot in the truck beside me was looking at my car so hard I guess he did not realize that he was moving still and hit the car in front of him. now thats funny :lol:

I walked in to the body shop supply store the other day to get some rubbing compound and as I'm walking up to the counterman he starts walking the other way. You mind if I go drool over your car he says as he hustles to the door. Another mustang fan gotta love em :D

Well, I had my first, on the road, incident, only it almost turned out badly.

I was cruising on a three lane stretch that drops to two lanes and there were cars all around but everyone was moving at 65 mph. Near as I can figure, both a little Chevy (the one that looks, a bit, like a PT Cruiser) and a Mercedes 500 SL were trying to get a better look at my car (or were racing, which would not be too likely) and everything came together as we dropped the third lane (the one on the right). :o

They both tried to squeeze into a spot that was too small and, let's put it this way, I had to brake hard and then accelerate out of the too small spot and take the lane on the left. Not exactly the way I intended to test (1) handling, (2) braking and (3) acceleration -- all at once. :(

The good news is that there was no contact between cars although I suspect a heart attack in the Chevy and a wake up call in the Mercedes. Then again . . . . ;)

You guys have probably become pretty good at sensing when one of those times was going to happen. It has been four decades since I drove a car people wanted to gawk at so I was a little rusty. Jim

Brought mine home yesterday. On the test drive a guy came up next to me and yelled " is that car as much fun to drive as it looks! " On the way home it sure attracted a lot of attention.

Im glad to hear that you got her home STL, congrats

Thanks! I'm glad it's home too.

Congratulations on getting your car. It's obvious you love your car. I'm sure you made the right decision. Everybody in the housing market is a little paranoid right now. Mortgage companies were giving out loans like candy to a lot of people that really shouldn't have qualified, interest only loans, etc. We all knew it was coming. It will just take a little time to straighten things out. I'm sure in the near future you'll be glad that you bought the Shelby. Enjoy, be safe.

Dave

Well, I had my first, on the road, incident, only it almost turned out badly.

I was cruising on a three lane stretch that drops to two lanes and there were cars all around but everyone was moving at 65 mph. Near as I can figure, both a little Chevy (the one that looks, a bit, like a PT Cruiser) and a Mercedes 500 SL were trying to get a better look at my car (or were racing, which would not be too likely) and everything came together as we dropped the third lane (the one on the right). :o

They both tried to squeeze into a spot that was too small and, let's put it this way, I had to brake hard and then accelerate out of the too small spot and take the lane on the left. Not exactly the way I intended to test (1) handling, (2) braking and (3) acceleration -- all at once. :(

The good news is that there was no contact between cars although I suspect a heart attack in the Chevy and a wake up call in the Mercedes. Then again . . . . ;)

You guys have probably become pretty good at sensing when one of those times was going to happen. It has been four decades since I drove a car people wanted to gawk at so I was a little rusty. Jim

Jim, Obviously you've learned, the car draws attention. I usually try to stay in the right hand lane with plenty of distance, maybe even a little under the speed limit. People tend to drift into your lane looking at the car. So I found that you want to be very defensive in driving.

So are you waiting to send your car back to Shelby? Obviously you're driving it. I guess it goes to show you the brake upgrade should be number one on the list. LOL Be careful out there, there are some crazy a$$ drivers and crazy a$$ lookers. :blink:

Dave

I get a lot of "sweet ride" and or "sexy ride" comments, but the funniest was when I took a buddy of mine for a ride. He had never heard of "Shelby" but really liked the looks and commented constantly as he climbed aboard and buckled up. I fired up the motor, with a couple of revs for good measure, then eased out of the parking lot. (we were at work at the time) I took it easy up through first gear, then into second. About that time my bud noticed the dash-plaque and pointing said (in a lackadasical tone) these immortal words:

"So, what do you get for this?"

He no sooner said that when I romped on gas and pinned us both to the seat-backs!

He squealed like a little girl, and when I finally backed off, he mustered enough energy to say:

"OH!! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!"

I love my car!

I took the wife and kids out to dinner one night and on the way home, for like 15 miles, almost every car the passed us looked over and had a smile or a thumbs up. This one carload of younger guys couldn't take their eyes off the car and they had grins from ear to ear pointing and waving. I dropped to 3rd and launched ahead of them around a truck and back in the right lane at speed limit. When they caught back up and passed me again was priceless! Huge thumbs up!

Two weeks ago, I took my dad up to the UP (in Michigan) to pick up his 08 red GT500. He was too excited to drive it out of the showroom and on to the trailer so I got too. That was Sick! On the way home we got stares and a few waves but not as many as I get in my SGT. It' a nice car and all, but I like mine a whole lot better. I just wish I had the 6 speed!

I live in Nashville TN,And I know they have sold a few of these cars here,But I have yet to run into one on the street,So..........................Everytime I drive this thing I get the speed up,Slow down,Point and scream,It is unbeleivable!!!!!!!!!!Last time I had a reaction anything like this I was in my bright yellow 72 Road Runner with the black strobe stripes!If you are lonely or wanting to meet people,This car is for you!!

I parked Sherby in one of our neighborhood parks and walked away to sit on a picnic table to watch.

A guy pulled in and got out with a camera. He took pictures of every conceivable angle. He was still taking pictures when I walked over to get in. He looked at me with a big smile and said,

"Man, you can't take a bad picture of this car. It looks awesome from every angle."

I said, glad you like it. I love it.

Two weeks ago, I took my dad up to the UP (in Michigan) to pick up his 08 red GT500. He was too excited to drive it out of the showroom and on to the trailer so I got too. That was Sick! On the way home we got stares and a few waves but not as many as I get in my SGT. It' a nice car and all, but I like mine a whole lot better. I just wish I had the 6 speed!

6 speed? Last I heard thats available Fall of 07 :rolleyes:

I have a good friend who has always looked down on the ponycars. He is more of a Corvette, Porsche, and BMW kind of guy. After I took him for a ride in the Shelby, I think he had a change of religion. When we got back to the house all he could tell his wife was that the car was "extremely bad a**."

I love doing religious conversions! B)

Brought mine home yesterday. On the test drive a guy came up next to me and yelled " is that car as much fun to drive as it looks! " On the way home it sure attracted a lot of attention.

Get use to it , it never stops !!!!!!!!! :D

I have a good friend who has always looked down on the ponycars. He is more of a Corvette, Porsche, and BMW kind of guy. After I took him for a ride in the Shelby, I think he had a change of religion. When we got back to the house all he could tell his wife was that the car was "extremely bad a**."

I love doing religious conversions! B)

Amen !!!!!!!!!! +1 for Shelby -1 for chevy!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I have a good one for you now. My son and I took the Shelby out for a spin and a few errands yesterday. Stopped by PepBoys to pick up one of the polishing cloths Frankie had recommended (since that pic looks so good! :) ). I parked at an angle in the last 2 spots in the parking lot and ran in-we were in there for less than 5 minutes. When we came out there was a '69 Mach I parked in front of me and a Roush mustang next to it and the respective drivers on either side with their hands cupped around their eyes, against the windows looking in. I hit the unlock button on the remote and aboout scared the crap out of both of them (glad I didn't hit the panic button!)---we all talked for a few minutes, the guy with the '69 had passed me going the other way and did a U-turn and tried to catch up to check out the car-he thought he'd lost me until he saw it sitting in the parking lot. Then I came home and had to clean the hand prints off my windows!

I had a little mechanical problem on Sunday. Just as the flat bed ramp was being rolled onto the truck with my Shelby I hear tire screeching and then slam. Some looky loo was paying more attention to my car and slammed his brand new Corolla into the back of an F150. He hit hard. He couldn't open his doors. The F150 was jacked up and the bumper was pushed under and well forward. I am glad Precious was safely ontop of the flat bed. I am sure that will be the last time I say that.

Archived