TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire rev's

pottydr_merged

Has anybody changed there rev's per mile with there sct tuner, My speed is 10 mph off, when Iam going 65 its really 55, I checked the tire rev size and also used my gps, thxs.

p.s.

I reprogramed, with the brenspeed tune was easy

I don't quite understand the question or statement?

You changed your tire revolutions with the SCT to fix your speedometer?

I don't quite understand the question or statement?

You changed your tire revolutions with the SCT to fix your speedometer?

Stump Breaker,

The electronic speedometers can be re-calibrated ( by Diablo or SCT handhelds) for different tire sizes or axle ratios

Stump Breaker,

The electronic speedometers can be re-calibrated ( by Diablo or SCT handhelds) for different tire sizes or axle ratios

Well yea I knew that but to be 10 mph off due to tire size either potty went to 35" tires or it was way off from the factory. I went from 30" to 32" tires on my Jeep and it's only off by a few MPH, not 10.

I wonder if any of the other cars have this problem?

If the car is calibrated for the factory 17's and goes to 18's or 20's (understand I don't know what the overall diameter for the 17's are, maybe 26"'s?) then we could all be off by quite a bit.

Well I got pulled over last week doing 54 in a 35 and low and behold when I saw him coming and looked down it was at about the 55 on my speedo so I guess mine is on the money!LOL He actually gave me a verbal warning and said have a nice day. :)

Well I got pulled over last week doing 54 in a 35 and low and behold when I saw him coming and looked down it was at about the 55 on my speedo so I guess mine is on the money!LOL He actually gave me a verbal warning and said have a nice day. :)

Well you were off by 1 MPH seeing as how the Police Speedo's are certified and calibrated. :P

I found one of those radars that mount on a trailer next to a school, I got my car and set the cruise control to 50 about 1 mile from the sign, When I went thur the radar it said I was going 43 mph, so something else is wrong, Iam going to set it back to the stock config, set the right tire size and try it again tomorrow

Archived