TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LOOKY LOOO'S

clink_merged

Had to laugh many times or Grin that is, Had people drive by us giving us the Thumbs up,

Had one guy driving his car by us "he will definitely need a chiropractor for a wrenched neck."

Saw another black car come hauling by us only to almost stop, slow down, went in behind me, came back up beside me with two thumbs up. His was a tricked out Nissan.

Not bad for the first day and on a trailer as well.

Later Clink

post-3979-1147219678_thumb.jpg

There will be times when it gets old trust me.

Like when you can't get out of traffic because everyone wants to look so you stuck doing 55-60 as everyone else slows you down.

Or (my personal favorite) when a guy knows you're trying to exit but deliberatley won't let you because he wants to look at the car. He almost got pushed in the ditch....

Those looky looo's are one of the joys of driving these cars :D

There, someone came right out and said it! [way to go, Wado] We are getting (in my case - wish I had it already) these cars because they have been a dream of ours. When someone bends their neck to look, it is in recognition of a simple reality - these cars trip what is probably (any psychologists out there) a primal response in every person who has any appreciation for cars. There are a thousand cars out there that have performance and styling. But, ever since 1965, there has only been one Shelby Mustang. For us old timers, the reaction we had back in 1965 to seeing one of those cars is identical to the reaction we had to the first SGT we saw. Anyone having any more stories about looky loos, I would love to hear them. Jim

There, someone came right out and said it! [way to go, Wado] We are getting (in my case - wish I had it already) these cars because they have been a dream of ours. When someone bends their neck to look, it is in recognition of a simple reality - these cars trip what is probably (any psychologists out there) a primal response in every person who has any appreciation for cars. There are a thousand cars out there that have performance and styling. But, ever since 1965, there has only been one Shelby Mustang. For us old timers, the reaction we had back in 1965 to seeing one of those cars is identical to the reaction we had to the first SGT we saw. Anyone having any more stories about looky loos, I would love to hear them. Jim

+1 :)

I have three in the past two days - thumbs up - one guy in a Porsche, another in a BMW and the last in a Taurus, including a "nice car!" yell. It happens to me constantly...even from guys driving GM ponycars like Trans Ams, and also ricers in Subarus.

+1000000 :D

+1000000 :D

I can't tell you how may "Looky Loos" I get, but I won't lie, it is one of my favorite things about driving the car.

3 different times I have come out of a store to have someone taking pictures of my car. I get thumbs up and people turning around to look in traffic every day. My favorite are seeing kids that freak out when they see it.

My dad drove a black 1964 1/2 Mustang which started my obsession, but what really kicked it into high gear neighbor down the street from me who had a 1967 Shelby GT 350. I gawked at that car every time I saw it...hopefully some of the kids who gawk at my car when I drop my 7 year old daughter off at school will feel the same way down the line.

Another cool perk happened last week when I went to a happy hour in a trendy part of downtown.when I pulled up to valet the attendant asked if it was ok if he didn't park it---if he could just leave it there in front of the place for people to look at. :D

Archived