TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dyno run on Bone Stock #507

SGT#507

I went in the morning and had a Dyno run done on SGT #507 while it is still bone stock. Dyno was done at Colvin Automotive in Austin, TX (great speed shop that has built a few cars for Overhaulin') on a DynoJet 248. Since it was done at 10 am, it was only 85 degrees.

I ended up with 274.5 at 5250 rpms and 293.4 torque. Obviously, I would have been thrilled to have the HP a little higher, but it did confirm what I torque beast this car is.

I will be going back next week when I get the new tunes from Brenspeed and re-running the dyno. Should be fun!

sgt507stockdyno.jpg

I ended up with 274.5 at 5250 rpms and 293.4 torque. Obviously, I would have been thrilled to have the HP a little higher, but it did confirm what I torque beast this car is.

I was thinking the 4.6 produced it's maximum HP closer to 6000 rpm's.

EDIT: Here was Cuda's run before he became a BIG BOY! (installed a S/C)

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=986&hl=

So adding 15% that means about 316 HP, right? Yes, a little lower than some people have been saying on this forum. I think there have been some saying 330.

Dave

Actually, it's:

Rear wheel horse power / [100% - drive train loss (15% is the going rate for Mustangs)] = flywheel horse power

274.5 / .85 = 322.94 fwhp. Looks like a bit better than the advertised 319.

Like I said, I went in there hoping to have one of the "unusually strong stock cars" and be closer to 330 rwhp--but overall, I'm ok with the results. This is the first time I've ever had a car dyno'd and it was a blast.

We did nothing to cool down the engine (no bags of ice, no shop fan blowing into the grill), so the warm morning had something to do with the lower numbers.

One of the cool things is that in this shop they were working on a 66 Stingray, a 71 Stingray, a 70 454 Chevelle, a 71 vert Mustang, an 80s Ferrari vert---and all of the techs put down their tools to come over and check out my l'il ol' Shelby.

The Dyno tech was a huge gearhead, but wasn't familiar with the Shelby GT package. He has tested one GT 500 and lots of 05-07 Mustang GTs. I was showing him all of the FRPP features, Shelby badges etc. and when I told him what the sticker price was--he actually commented that he thought it was a pretty good value. Yes, you could buy all of the pieces separately and save a bunch o' cash--but when you figured in his shop rate, warrantee, etc. he thought I probably came out pretty good.

Fun morning--can't wait to go back once I get the Brenspeed tunes in the mail.

I was thinking the 4.6 produced it's maximum HP closer to 6000 rpm's.

I was a bit suprised by that as well...but you'll notice from the graph that the Max HP kicked in at about 5250 rpms and stayed pretty steady until 6000 rpms--so in theory, I guess it is still producing Max HP close to 6K.

I was a bit suprised by that as well...but you'll notice from the graph that the Max HP kicked in at about 5250 rpms and stayed pretty steady until 6000 rpms--so in theory, I guess it is still producing Max HP close to 6K.

Unfortunately when I'm at work most attachments like that are blocked via Websense. I didn't realize there was a graph attached. I'll have to see it when I get home tonight.

Great info. I cant wait to see what happens afetr the tune. I wish we had a place like this in Maine where Im at. ALL we have are moose and lobstah. :)

Heck, I still have $$ left over for a lobstah...best thing about the whole thing is that when I was done they only charged me $50.00

Trust me, I've spent waaaayyyyyy over $50.00 per hour and didn't have as much fun as the dyno runs.

Actually, it's:

Rear wheel horse power / [100% - drive train loss (15% is the going rate for Mustangs)] = flywheel horse power

274.5 / .85 = 322.94 fwhp. Looks like a bit better than the advertised 319.

Dig-It has the formula right

Rwhp /.85 is the correct math for 15 pct drive line loss. Other base sgts are 272-275 (that I have seen) so these results are right up there.

I just had my SAI SC tuned on a DynoJet today...will post results tomorrow. With full length headers and hi flow cats, results were as good as I had hoped. More to come this weekend.

Archived