TEAM SHELBY FORUM

INFLATE TIRE LIGHT ON AFTER NEW WHEELS

SHELBY0264

The factory rims have wheel sensors, If you didnt install them in your new wheels you will continue to have this problem, But I also installed new wheels today, and they came mouted and balanced and didnt reuse the sensors and come to think about it my dash light didnt go off. Iwas going to buy new ones and put them in a PVC tube and pressure it up too 35lbs and leave it in the trunk. Now Iam going ,have to figure out why my dash ligh didnt come on

The factory rims have wheel sensors, If you didnt install them in your new wheels you will continue to have this problem, But I also installed new wheels today, and they came mouted and balanced and didnt reuse the sensors and come to think about it my dash light didnt go off. Iwas going to buy new ones and put them in a PVC tube and pressure it up too 35lbs and leave it in the trunk. Now Iam going ,have to figure out why my dash ligh didnt come on

where did u get your wheels and tires ?? ,I checked with the tire rack , some of the sets come with the sensors, JUST THINKING :)

where did u get your wheels and tires ?? ,I checked with the tire rack , some of the sets come with the sensors, JUST THINKING :)

the wheels came from one place and the tires from another. where do you get the sensors and where are they located on the wheels.

the wheels came from one place and the tires from another. where do you get the sensors and where are they located on the wheels.

anyone in S CALIF had the 20" wheel/tire upgrade at hillbanks motorsports in irvine? if so how was the experience? they recommend falcon tires with the wheels, i think thats what they said. fyi, he said he knows guys who got $1,200 for the 18" stock set

Iwas going to buy new ones and put them in a PVC tube and pressure it up too 35lbs and leave it in the trunk.

:lol:

Try explaining that to a cop who might happen to look in the trunk. " No officer really, it's not a pipe bomb! I'm tricking my tire sensors on the cars computer!"

That is a pretty good idea though.

check tire rack .com there in there with the sen. tires and wheels ,, if I do anything it will be with them have a good one

just checked with tire rack $199.00 each ;( they do have an 18" Razon I'am guessing the Ford will fit, if 20" you might want to call your ford dealer, or Shelby to see if they carry the 20 " sen ;(

You can remove the ones on your old wheels and install on the new wheels. They use a band to hold them on in the center of the wheel, so if you go with a larger diameter wheel you have to replace the band and all the big tire and wheel guys have them available. The sensors themselves are like $120.00 ea ouch. My local guy told me $120.00 to R&R my sensors and install new bands.

When we install new wheels and tires, we install new bands and sensors. When we install the sensor, we try to locate it opposite of the valve stem. This helps distribute the weight. After they are all on the car, we then program the new sensors. If you need to have them checked or programed, your dealer should be able to do it with out any problems. I beleive the new sensors are around $55-$60 each and the bands are around $25 each.

Bud

When we install new wheels and tires, we install new bands and sensors. When we install the sensor, we try to locate it opposite of the valve stem. This helps distribute the weight. After they are all on the car, we then program the new sensors. If you need to have them checked or programed, your dealer should be able to do it with out any problems. I beleive the new sensors are around $55-$60 each and the bands are around $25 each.

Bud

ARE THE SENSORS ON THE OUTSIDE OR INSIDE OF THE WHEELS. DO I HAVE TO DISMOUNT THE TIRES TO GET AT THEM?

Bud

Bud,

How do you handle this for wheels and tires that are shipped instead of mounted on the car at Shelby? I guess the question is can you install sensors and straps on a set of wheels and tires I have shipped to my home or do I have to have a tire place do that for me because of calibration issues? Thanks,

Dave

The tire sensors are strapped to the inside of the wheel. The sensors would have to be programed while they are on the car. There is a sequence that is followed when doing them. You have to have a special programer to do this. When its ready to be programed, the car lets you know what to do---it tells you to do the left front first. When it is programed, the horn chirps. Then it will tell you to do the right front--horn chirps--then the right rear--horn chirps---then the left rear--horn chirps. If, the sensors are too close together, it can try to program them at the same time or overide the previous program. This will confuse the vehicles computor and it may keep letting the air pressure sensor light to keep coming on.

So yes, if the tires are already mounted and there are no sensors, the tires will need to be dismounted, add the bands and the senors and remount the tire.

Bud

I had a wheel place do my swap and watched them the whole time. They dismounted the 18" wheels and cuyt the band. Used a stock roll of banding they had, cut lengths for the 20" wheels and reinstalled the factory sensors onto the 20" wheels. It didn't look like the kept track of which corner of the car each sensor came off and they certainly didn't use a programmer. The only time my light has come on was when I had a low tire.

It does take a few miles for the car to recalibrate and then the light goes off.

Ty,

I didn't get my wheels at Hillbanks but I did get other parts and I direct people at car shows to Jason Cenora all the time. I do run into one person all the time I sent to Jason that bought wheels from them and was very happy.

I bought mine from the ford dealership. They are strap ons with a steel band.

But one or more still make the light come on.

I recently had a low tire light come on. The message window doesn't tell you which tire. It just says low tire pressure.

After I detailed the car today I went for a little cruz and MY low tire alarm went off.

I got out and checked them and they all read the same 45lbs. Now the idiot light on the dash is on all the time. What to do?..........anybody

Clink

Archived