TEAM SHELBY FORUM

October 12th is the day!!

ColoradoShelbyGT

Yep, its finally that time! I'm flying in Thursday night the 11th, meeting my dad who is flying in from Seattle, we'll do the museum pickup on Friday the 12th, and we're driving it back to Colorado! Should be a great trip! Its been a wait, but I'm thinking we're gonna make it before the snow flies . . . . :lol: Bud, I've a got a few little presents I'm bringing with me. I can't say what it is, but you can ask Don, CSM#56, if he likes his. ;) Thanks to everyone on the forum who made the wait alot more interesting; I've really enjoyed all the posts and I've learned alot. Roger, thanks for the PM's. Michael, my dad says he wants to order an 08 convertible. I told him you'd be the guy . . . .

The only question now is, what road to take home . . . B)

Congratulations!!!!!! Your long wait is finally over. Which road to take home.......the long way, with lots of twists and turns with just enough straight aways. Hopefully, you'll pass 300 miles so you can test the S/C out. Tell your Dad, "seat belt on, sit back, shut-up", this is my car. LOL Would love to see your Dad get an '08 Shelby. Can never have enough Shelby's in the Seattle area. Maybe we could meet up with him at one of the shows.

Have fun on the trip home, be safe.

Congrats again,

Dave

Yep, its finally that time! I'm flying in Thursday night the 11th, meeting my dad who is flying in from Seattle, we'll do the museum pickup on Friday the 12th, and we're driving it back to Colorado! Should be a great trip! Its been a wait, but I'm thinking we're gonna make it before the snow flies . . . . :lol: Bud, I've a got a few little presents I'm bringing with me. I can't say what it is, but you can ask Don, CSM#56, if he likes his. ;) Thanks to everyone on the forum who made the wait alot more interesting; I've really enjoyed all the posts and I've learned alot. Roger, thanks for the PM's. Michael, my dad says he wants to order an 08 convertible. I told him you'd be the guy . . . .

The only question now is, what road to take home . . . B)

Great News :)

All roads lead to home.

Clink

Congrats on finally getting your car out of the Mod Shop!!! It will be well worth the wait, believe me... Enjoy your ride to Colorado and take the longest possible route as the car will be ready handle trip. Also, enjoy the time with your dad as this will be a trip to long remember for both of you. Can't wait to see pics... Tell Don & Deb that G1 & G2 said "Hi"...

Gary

Looks like another day to schedule a vacation day :o :P :lol: :D

I THINK THAT BUD DESERVES MORE VACATION DAYS!

HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED HOW QUICK PEOPLE ARE NOW TAKING DELIVERY IT SEEMS EVERY WEEK ANOTHER COUPLE SGT/SC ARE OUT THE DOOR.

GREAT JOB BUD!!!!

Where do you think Mike is right now? I'll bet he has a big smile on his face with his dad riding shotgun! :D

Colorado, we're all waiting with bated breath to hear about your trip, museum delivery, time with the SAI people, first impression of the car, experience with your dad on the way home and your family's first time seeing the car.

I am really happy for you and looking forward to hearing more.

OK... Wes, you know the rules. We need an acceptance speech, details, pics, something!!!!! Throw us a bone. Perhaps your father could give us details.

COLORADO SHELBY GT ............ARE YOU OUT THERE?

DAVE

OK... Mike, you know the rules. We need an acceptance speech, details, pics, something!!!!! Throw us a bone. Perhaps your father could give us details.

DAVE

See this is what happens!

They pine here looking for comrade to help them get through the PSDS or STDS or what ever it is, and then they get their car and POOF! Gone in a Flash!

<_<

OK... Mike, you know the rules. We need an acceptance speech, details, pics, something!!!!! Throw us a bone. Perhaps your father could give us details.

DAVE

Sorry guys, I kept getting confused since everyone is calling me Mike! :lol: It's Wes . . . :o

Okay, here it goes. Sorry for the delay, but by the time I got back I actually had to get some work done. I just finished putting together the photo album. Here's the link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ColoradoShelby...yMuseumPickup02

Flew into Vegas late Thursday night from Colorado and my dad flew in from Seattle. On Friday morning a town car picked us up at the hotel at 9:30. It was kind of funny because the driver kept asking my dad if he was picking up a Shelby. For some reason the Shelby GT/SC shirt I was wearing wasn't a tip off that it was me. When we arrived at Shelby, Adrienne was waiting at the door with a big welcome. What a great personality; a perfect fit for the job! She said that they were going to torture me and embarrass the heck out of me, which they did :lol: We went on the tour with the other folks that were there. John Walker came out and chatted with us for quite a while. A great guy and dedicated to his job and the company. After the tour (which was a sea of blue 08 coupes and convertibles) Bud showed up and we slipped behind the ropes and got a private tour of the production floor. John and Bud went over all the suspension mods with me looking at an 08 up on a lift. Spotted Roger's car on the floor and took a couple of pics. They had just finished applying the bondo to the side where the forklift had hit it (J/K!!!!!) Definitely looks sharp Roger!! You are going to love it! After that, the doors swung open and there she was! Number 3457 with Paxton SC#70. Man, what a hot car. Adrienne handed me the keys and I fired it up. Sweeeeeet!!!! I tell you, that polished SC is the coolest looking thing I've ever seen. A close second is the silver Razors with the brake kit. They have that offset just right. It is one badass looking machine. Much better in the flesh than in the pics. While John was having the car moved out into the lot, dad and I wondered down to the mod shop to see Bud. Bud introduced us to Carl, who did all the work on the car. It was definitely a cool thing to get to meet him and I think he enjoyed getting to meet someone who was getting one of his cars. They showed us the fix on the fuel pump hose for the SC and just took alot of time with us. They are crammed into that mod shop so it will be great when they get more space. Saw the Shelby GT golf cart and headed back to grab the car and go. It started to sprinkle and John would not let us drive away until it stopped and the car was wiped down again. I tell you, they really care at Shelby and make you feel wonderful about your purchase.

I talked to a guy on the tour who owned 3 Shelby GT500's, one a red stripe car. He is on the list for the SS package. He stuck around to see us drive off.

We pulled out of the lot (thank God I didn't kill it) and immediately pulled into stalled traffic on the Interstate! We headed south to 40 going over Hoover Dam. The guards pulled us over and had me pop the hood and we chatted for about 15 minutes. One of them owned a SVT Cobra. The first gas stop required popping the hood again for a couple on a Harley. This car attracts attention like crazy! Took it pretty easy all the way to Flagstaff. Saturday morning headed out north on 89 up by the Grand Canyon and then through 4 corners, Cortez CO and Wolf Pass. A total of 12 hours with lots of great passing opportunities and, towards the end a couple of 120 mph blasts. LOTS left. The car is EFFORTLESS. Third gear is INSANE. I am THRILLED! The wait is all worth it. In fact, I'd do it all over again tomorrow. One other thing. I am coming out of a Miata tuned for the track. Its an incredibly balanced car. I thought the Shelby would feel heavy and unbalanced in comparison. Nothing could be further from the truth. Its solid. Its powerful. But it is balanced. The handling is really excellent. I am going to tighten up the settings on the front sway bar, but that is about it. Got to love the Nittos.

Gave it a quick wash on Sunday, put my dad on a plane back to Seattle, and started giving rides to all the folks around here who have been waiting patiently along with me.

There is one other car that I know of in my area, Don Beson's car #56. Don did the first Museum delivery last winter. Don has been meeting me for lunch every so often over the last 10 months so I can see his car and reassure myself that its worth the wait. Thanks Don! It was, and is.

Sorry to be so long winded. Thanks to all the folks on the forum. You've kept me going. I only check it 2 to 3 times a day! Now that I have the car I'm not going to fade away, but I'm going to drive the wheels off it for the next week before the weather turns, so I won't be posting much.

I'm glad I waited. According to the folks at Shelby, there will only end up being maybe 40 - 50 cars that stayed at Shelby and got the SC out of all the 07's. Its a cool feeling.

FINALLY, thank you Amy, John, my man BUD, Adrienne, and of course Mr. Shelby, without whom none of this incredible FUN would be possible!

Wes

ColoradoShelbyGT/SC

:lol::lol:

Wes, that's an awesome story and a really fine looking machine. I'm sure the experience with your dad made it over the top. I'm also sure that hearing your story and how much you waited will be an inspiration for others to stick in there.

I'm really happy everyhing worked out and you got such an awesome looking Shelby. I also love your shirt.

Adam

PS. SAI, at this point, you might as well keep Roger's car there. Since you now have a viod in the museum where Milstang's car was, it looks like there is a little room for it there. LOL Plus if you put it in the same spot, that will be perfect too as it will hide the rear where it is smashed and give more time to fix it LOL.

Wes, glad you finally got the new Baby! Sounds like a great trip. It remains with you for a long time. Car looks awesome! What you experienced from the Team at Shelby is passed along to everyone who visits, a deep passion for the brand. Congratulations and enjoy the ride.

Wes, So sorry for the name mix up. I don't know where I got Mike??? At least I'm not calling you Shelby-less. LOL Great report on your car. It does get old hearing people say the wait will be worth it, but it truly is. You forget all the frustration. The only frustration you have now is keeping the dam* thing clean. Get used to the attention, it's just part of having one of these cars. So you like the power. My wife is fond of second gear. First and second you have to be careful because you'll hit the rev limiter real quick. The clutch just takes a little getting used to. We've killed it a few times. Not hearing that clutch engaging sound takes some getting used to. The only thing you forgot to mention was your Dad's impression. Must of been pretty cool with your Dad there. Did your Dad drive the car and is there another Shelby coming to Seattle?

Congratulations again, get some some miles on it before that white stuff starts falling from the sky.

Dave

Wes, So sorry for the name mix up. I don't know where I got Mike??? At least I'm not calling you Shelby-less. LOL Great report on your car. It does get old hearing people say the wait will be worth it, but it truly is. You forget all the frustration. The only frustration you have now is keeping the dam* thing clean. Get used to the attention, it's just part of having one of these cars. So you like the power. My wife is fond of second gear. First and second you have to be careful because you'll hit the rev limiter real quick. The clutch just takes a little getting used to. We've killed it a few times. Not hearing that clutch engaging sound takes some getting used to. The only thing you forgot to mention was your Dad's impression. Must of been pretty cool with your Dad there. Did your Dad drive the car and is there another Shelby coming to Seattle?

Congratulations again, get some some miles on it before that white stuff starts falling from the sky.

Dave

Dave, With my interpretations of Monty's (Wes' dad) reactions to the cars, I think a Vista Convertible will be soon headed into the ModShop for post title mods before heading to Seattle. That is unless we ship it before we flag it. :unsure:

;) -John

Dave, With my interpretations of Monty's (Wes' dad) reactions to the cars, I think a Vista Convertible will be soon headed into the ModShop for post title mods before heading to Seattle. That is unless we ship it before we flag it. :unsure:

;) -John

Cool!! We need more Shelby GT's in the Seattle area. Thanks for getting the paperwork to me so fast. Did we mention that we really, really love our car :) . Keep up the good work.

Dave

;) -John

:lol::lol::lol: He sure did like that convertible!!

Congrats Wes!!! We told you it would be worth the wait... :blink:

Enjoy the new ride and welcome to the "family"...

Gary

Thanks Gary! Don say "hi" I'm sure. I have to see when I can get him to lunch so we can back em up side by side at the local Italian restaurant. :D

Cool!! We need more Shelby GT's in the Seattle area. Thanks for getting the paperwork to me so fast. Did we mention that we really, really love our car :) . Keep up the good work.

Dave

Dave, I told my dad that you were up there. He's in the Federal Way area. I'm trying to talk him into using Michael Morris. The local guys in Auburn don't seem to know too much about the cars, if you know what I mean. <_< If he buys, it will get the full mod shop treatment! He loved the car and drove it quite a bit on the trip home. It was a hoot.

Wes - All I can say is WOW what a car! Thanks for sharing it with us and enjoy it all.

Thanks Swede! Just got back from the tint shop and scheduled my 30% tint for next week. I have it in my black Audi and I love it. B)

Archived