TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hood scoop

stg

What are you having done. Just replacing the scoop or also having it riveted?

from what I understand,, it will be riveted on ,from what Shelby tells me ,and was also told this is NOT a one time thing, I also ask about the 3-M tape, ,,it is not going to be used, reason,, if the scoop has to come off again, it will ,, after this is done I'll get back ,hear to the site and let everone know what has happen STG

I am more interested in knowing what this ting does in January when it is cold. You are in Montana correct?

Yeah the scary thing with the rivets is the possible disparity in expansion and contraction with aluminum versus plastic.

Yes I , too will wait for now.

I was thinking that when I get to the scoop issue this winter in the garage, maybe rubber seals around each of the rivets will allow the scoop to seal better in hot and cold weather. It seems that trying to get a tight fit between the two different materials that expand and contract at different rates should have a buffer between them such as a rubber seal. The buffer can help to seal the gap and not make it necessary to tighten the scoop down hard against the hood. No matter what we do, the materials are going to react differently.

just my thoughts.....

The rubber will actually allow it to expand and contract. It allows it a little give to move and not break. But this usually only works when the drill hole is larger than the fastener. If the hole is tight...like when you rivot it down....it has no place to go when it expands or contracts. My preference would be to use a SS screw and nut. Then you could drill the holes in the hood hood oversized in diameter and use a locknut and rubber washer on the underhood side. This would allow the E and C of the 2 different materials.

Yeah the scary thing with the rivets is the possible disparity in expansion and contraction with aluminum versus plastic.

hey wado are you in mont...if so where...i live in dillon and own #3873 and my buddy john lewton lives in whitehall and owns # 4547...let me know...maybe we can all do a show..bill

hey wado are you in mont...if so where...i live in dillon and own #3873 and my buddy john lewton lives in whitehall and owns # 4547...let me know...maybe we can all do a show..bill

I'm in Northwest Washington bit north of Seattle.

I still say it would be great if Shelby (or someone) could come up with an actual aluminum scoop - that would solve all the problems.

I am more interested in knowing what this ting does in January when it is cold. You are in Montana correct?

NO I'am in Edgarsprings Missouri ;(, but last winter it did get down to -05 will see

I've seen that too on some of the AC Cobras. I tend to like the rivet look better than the all-in-one look when they are side by side. I do like the simplicity of the integrated hood/scoop though!

Just give me credit for the current hood and scoop so I can get the KR style hood and we will call it even.

Just give me credit for the current hood and scoop so I can get the KR style hood and we will call it even.

+100000000

I am one more "new and improved scoop" from getting a different hood in the spring and storing this one. I've read of so many issues with the CS6 hood over in that forum I am leaning away from that and may go with something different yet as sedate.

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1208#1179

Some in here look good.

+100000000

I am one more "new and improved scoop" from getting a different hood in the spring and storing this one. I've read of so many issues with the CS6 hood over in that forum I am leaning away from that and may go with something different yet as sedate.

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1208#1179

Some in here look good.

I'm about 95% sure this is the hood we will (eventually) go with

056-987_1.jpg

link

We were going to do the shaker but once the blower is installed then I'm pretty much screwed as far as that idea.

I do like the 500E (or excuse me, 500C) looking hood though, and it's cheaper.

9022,9023,9024_(450x291).jpg

Archived